Peter Beale has GOT to go!

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Ben hardy is a terrible actor IMO, and it's very painful to watch aswell! And the character is just terrible! I know he's lost his sister, but he's actually vile to so many people? He sulks and sulks and sulks and never cracks a smile, he's probably the dullest man in Walford, I'm hoping he can leave after the Lucy storyline, his character has been ruined so much! Peter used to be such a nice and caring person!

Comments

• EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I like Peter! I'd be gutted if he left! He works great with Adam Woodyatt, Jac Jossa, Diane Parish and Laurie Brett as well.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! Fit! >:(
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Replace him with block of wood nobody would notice the difference.
  • BringBackZsaZsaBringBackZsaZsa Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Ben hardy is a terrible actor IMO, and it's very painful to watch aswell! And the character is just terrible! I know he's lost his sister, but he's actually vile to so many people? He sulks and sulks and sulks and never cracks a smile, he's probably the dullest man in Walford, I'm hoping he can leave after the Lucy storyline, his character has been ruined so much! Peter used to be such a nice and caring person!
    I'm sorry but this is a silly post. Ben Hardy is a very good actor, people have undermined him. The scenes with Adam Woodyatt after Lucy's death were just brilliant and the scene in Lucy's funeral. Of course, he's going to 'sulk, sulk, sulk' - he is with a girl he doesn't like, the woman he loves is with a psycho, he's lost his sister and he knows his Dad would probably prefer it if he died instead of Lucy. Peter could be an EastEnders legend. I want to see him develop in the post-Lucy Beale storyline era. He should marry Lauren and have a family with her but also prove himself to Ian. A bit like a less tragic, more cunning version of his Dad.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is a silly post. Ben Hardy is a very good actor, people have undermined him. The scenes with Adam Woodyatt after Lucy's death were just brilliant and the scene in Lucy's funeral. Of course, he's going to 'sulk, sulk, sulk' - he is with a girl he doesn't like, the woman he loves is with a psycho, he's lost his sister and he knows his Dad would probably prefer it if he died instead of Lucy. Peter could be an EastEnders legend. I want to see him develop in the post-Lucy Beale storyline era. He should marry Lauren and have a family with her but also prove himself to Ian. A bit like a less tragic, more cunning version of his Dad.

I totally agree with Lou_123, I find the character completely dull and uninteresting. His acting isn't great either apart from the funeral speech which was very sad.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replace him with block of wood nobody would notice the difference.

Pretty much.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find him a very one dimensional character. He's just so boring.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    Hes got too much of a snobby posh accent he sticks out like a sore thumb. Look at Max, Mick and family, Jay, Lauren, Cat, Bianca, Alfie etc then him, his accents like he was brought up in a Castle.

Surely an actor should play an accent too, meant to be born and brought up in East London but speaking like the queens butler.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Hes got too much of a snobby posh accent he sticks out like a sore thumb. Look at Max, Mick and family, Jay, Lauren, Cat, Bianca, Alfie etc then him, his accents like he was brought up in a Castle.

Surely an actor should play an accent too, meant to be born and brought up in East London but speaking like the queens butler.

^^^ v true! Which just goes to show how much of a poor actor he is if he can't even out on an accent!
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not as silly as your comment... He's a DREADFUL actor! The funeral speech was good but that's about it! I reckon he's a really hard person to act with aswell, apparently they had to keep redoing the Lucy scenes because ben couldn't get emotional enough...
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    His sulking can grate a little but its really only Lola hes been awful to.

I think Ben is one of the better actors in the younger cast and certainly of the recent past of young males on the show.

He does need to be written a bit better as Peters thoughtful emotionally intelligent nature has been diluted down way too much.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting a bit annoying watching him sulk around and be consistently horrible to people and then blame it on Lucy. This is why I think it could be Peter, the sulking could all really be guilt...
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they killed off the wrong twin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Hes crap. Worse than dexter and fatboy.
  • chatterbox57chatterbox57 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is a silly post. Ben Hardy is a very good actor, people have undermined him.. I want to see him develop in the post-Lucy Beale storyline era. He should marry Lauren and have a family with her but also prove himself to Ian. A bit like a less tragic, more cunning version of his Dad.

Totally agree. Since now the actress playing Lauren has now confirmed she is pregnant in real life it would be good if the writers maybe wrote a one night stand into the storyline with Peter. Then when they discover she is pregnant their relationship grows and they end up together - happy. I know that's not a word EE use much. But between the state Ian is in at present it would be great to see an increase in the Beale Family and a happy outcome eventually. Real life takes a while for families to get over a lose.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brought up in a castle? Seriously? I know so many Londoners who speak like him (and Lucy for that matter). Also, it's hardly aristocratic. I'm from Kent and I speak like that yet I'm not from the upper-classes.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO, Peter can stay thanks. After watching last nights EastEnders it sticks out a mile how ratty Dean actually is and how hot and superior Peter is. So Peter can stay and Ratty Dean can go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I think they killed off the wrong twin

I agree with you there. I was impressed with how Hetti Bywater's acting seriously improved in her final week. I don't think either of the twins should have been killed off, because I think both Lucy and Peter had potential to become EE greats.

But I would've preferred Peter to be killed off.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I don't think killing off Peter would have had the same impact as Lucy but I have to admit that the new actor playing him, isn't much cop. It's like he is reading off of a cue screen in his scenes and I find him unconvincing as an actor. It's a shame but this is one recast that just hasn't worked in my book.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Lou_123, you should really stop watching the show, you obviously don't like it anymore all you do is troll negative comments on threads and criticise everything about it. all the threads you start are about how bad EastEnders is. Its alright to not like some elements of the show, but what's the point wasting your time hating most of it. ?
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO, Peter can stay thanks. After watching last nights EastEnders it sticks out a mile how ratty Dean actually is and how hot and superior Peter is. So Peter can stay and Ratty Dean can go.

Matt Di Angelo really is terrible. He looked so awkward in the scenes where Lauren picked out a Shepherds Pie. What was with all the weird face movements?! You would think he had constipation. Even Jac Jossa looked a bit ''wtf are you doing''.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Matt Di Angelo really is terrible. He looked so awkward in the scenes where Lauren picked out a Shepherds Pie. What was with all the weird face movements?! You would think he had constipation. Even Jac Jossa looked a bit ''wtf are you doing''.

Agreed. And if you listen closely Dean's accent is way off and much posher than Peter's at least Peter has an excuse, his lived in Devon a lot while growing up. Dean's meant to have been born and raised in the East End and he was much more cockney in his first stint and seems to be slipping.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »

Is there anything about current ee that you do enjoy/like?
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sean Connery got away with using the one accent. Even in The Untouchables when playing an Irish American cop he still spoke with a Scottish accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor puts very little effort into his performances. He always seems to deliver his lines in the same monotone voice with a blank expression on his face. You just know something is not quite right when Jacqueline Jossa is outshining him.