[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
Forum Member
Hi ,
I have HDR FOX T2

Software Version: FHTCP 1.02.28

Loader Version: a7.30
Update Date: 26/5/12

Am i "up to date" ?

VERY confused by the firmware info on the Humax site.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    gsvalentinegsvalentine Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    The newest version is 1.02.29.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    The newest version is 1.02.29.

How do I upgrade to that?Doesn't seem to work through software update on the machine itself.Thanks!
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snapyou wrote: »
    How do I upgrade to that?Doesn't seem to work through software update on the machine itself.Thanks!

Using a usb memory stick.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=182
  • Options
    Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My box updated ok OTA to 029 but the radio portal still wont work
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    My box updated ok OTA to 029 but the radio portal still wont work

V29 has not been broadcast OTA:confused:
  • Options
    krooneykrooney Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how do you get the box to recognise the USB stick?? I had one in before and it didn't switch between HDD and USB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    krooney wrote: »
    And how do you get the box to recognise the USB stick?? I had one in before and it didn't switch between HDD and USB.

Full instructions on the download site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote: »
    V29 has not been broadcast OTA:confused:

I must be getting exclusive treatment then, looking at System Information now Software Version FHTCP 1.02.29 & the internet radio link is in portal screen which it didn't show in V28
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah what IS the point to the update software on the machine. It never seems to work at all.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    I must be getting exclusive treatment then, looking at System Information now Software Version FHTCP 1.02.29 & the internet radio link is in portal screen which it didn't show in V28

Is this a wind up - you have already mentioned in the Internet radio thread that you downloaded it:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah what IS the point to the update software on the machine. It never seems to work at all.

It works when the ota is being transmitted. If it's not then of course it does nothing. If left in sby overnight the box will pick up updates automatically

Currently 1.0.28 is being transmitted

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the USB option take a while to complete. I connected the stick and followed the instructions to boot. Nothing yet. It is recognizing the stick but still stuck in an old software version. Does it take long?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the USB option take a while to complete. I connected the stick and followed the instructions to boot. Nothing yet. It is recognizing the stick but still stuck in an old software version. Does it take long?

No only a few minutes.

Things to try.

Reformat your usb stick on a PC. Copy the .hdf file to the stick so it's the only file on it and check you have the right filename. If you have windows set to suppress file extensions you may not see the .hdf (don't add another .hdf)

With the box in sby and the TV tuned to the correct input put the stick in the usb port.

Press and hold the power button on the unit (not the remote), it should pick up the update in a few seconds.

If that doesn't work try another stick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No only a few minutes.

Things to try.

Reformat your usb stick on a PC. Copy the .hdf file to the stick so it's the only file on it and check you have the right filename. If you have windows set to suppress file extensions you may not see the .hdf (don't add another .hdf)

With the box in sby and the TV tuned to the correct input put the stick in the usb port.

Press and hold the power button on the unit (not the remote), it should pick up the update in a few seconds.

If that doesn't work try another stick.

Thanks but what do you mean by TV tuned to correct input Graham? I've tried all that and it just goes straight to the tv channel. No update. Maybe it is the stick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks but what do you mean by TV tuned to correct input Graham? I've tried all that and it just goes straight to the tv channel. No update. Maybe it is the stick?

It's just so you can see the update as it happens on the TV. Can you try another stick ?
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TI've tried all that and it just goes straight to the tv channel. No update.
    Have you unzipped the downloaded file and made sure it is not in a folder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I did extract the file and I have an 18mb file on the USB stick. I'll try again or another stick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When futering about with the USB stick I noticed the box said CI+ compatible. I have sky sports and ESPN on a Thomson tutv box. If I get a CI+ cam will it work on the hummy?? I thought it was only TVs compatible for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just need to find out if the hummy box is on the TUTV list. All well with the software upgrade at long last. What about these dongles as our router is too far away for an Ethernet connection? Are they reliable for BBCiplayer etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote: »
    Is this a wind up - you have already mentioned in the Internet radio thread that you downloaded it:rolleyes:

Whoops senior moment there,the red mist is clearin,I did download it,apologies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just need to find out if the hummy box is on the TUTV list. All well with the software upgrade at long last. What about these dongles as our router is too far away for an Ethernet connection? Are they reliable for BBCiplayer etc?

A pair of homeplug adaptors is likely to be more reliable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pair of homeplug adaptors is likely to be more reliable.

How do the homeplug adapters work? The router is just in the bedroom above the livingroom. Would a dongle not work? What about the › TL-WN821N USB Wireless Network Adapter from Currys for a tenner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do the homeplug adapters work? The router is just in the bedroom above the livingroom. Would a dongle not work? What about the › TL-WN821N USB Wireless Network Adapter from Currys for a tenner?

Very simply, you stick one in a power socket by the Hummy and connect it by the a short rj45 patch lead to the box network port. You stick the second in a socket by the router and connect it by a second patch lead to a spare socket on the router. It's as simple as that. A PC network adaptor will not work because a PC has the ability to install the required drivers, the box only has the drivers for a specific wireless dongle chipset. It's not a full PC.

Two like this should work with no problems.

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-200mbps-homeplug-powerline-ethernet-network-adapter-with-powersaver-function-twin-pack?q=HomePlug%20Powerline%20Ethernet%20Network%20Adapter&sl=sl
  • Options
    kidneystonekidneystone Posts: 101
    Forum Member

Do you mean for recording or copying recorded programs to. If so then you nead to format the memory stick in FAT or EXT1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    What issues with Internet Radio is 1.02.29 supposed to fix? Before the 1.02.28 update Internet Radio was patchy for me, with a few stations working OK, but most times the box would lock or restart when selecting one. Since the 1.02.28 update Internet Radio has stopped working altogether and crashes my box as soon as I select a station, forcing a restart.

Does 1.02.29 fix any of this?