Options

So Matt Smith will be the last Doctor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
Forum Member
I thought this would happen, but I hoped that it wouldn't but here we go.
1. Clara says that she saw ALL the doctors, and she said that there are only eleven of them (Except John Hurt of course). This means that Matt's doctor IS the last Doctor, the eleventh doctor.
2. The TARDIS that the Doctor is buried in looks the same as the current one, meaning that at least the TARDIS won't be changing anymore until his death
That's my thoughts :)
Also has anyone realised that on the close up of the big TARDIS tomb you can see the crack on the window from the rough landing before in the episode?

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC won't be cancelling the series when Matt leaves, will they. So no, Matt Smith isn't the last Doctor.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor portraying the Doctor is irrelevant. Actors come and go. The Doctor will always be here.
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless John Hurt is the Twelfth Doctor and Eleven remembers him from when he meets him as Ten in the 50th.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last dr up until that point I assumed? She didn't need to save drs past today's episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    The last dr up until that point I assumed? She didn't need to save drs past today's episode

Though that does raise the logical possibility of Doctor Simeon lurking in every next adventure the Doctor has for the rest of his life...
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clara saw all the Doctors their had ever been. Not all the ones ever or ever will be. Matt is not the last Doctor but I thought John Hurt was. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    Though that does raise the logical possibility of Doctor Simeon lurking in every next adventure the Doctor has for the rest of his life...

Yes, and Clara would be there to stop him.

My bigger question would be; if the Doctor remembers Clara from the asylum and then from Victorian London, why does he not remember all of the other ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Idk, she did go into the whole timestream. If she only saw the past and knew that, why was she so surprised when she saw Hurt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spence1115 wrote: »

Except that she did state she only met 11 incarnations.
    My bigger question would be; if the Doctor remembers Clara from the asylum and then from Victorian London, why does he not remember all of the other ones?

Presumably she didn't interact as much with each of them. And given that she knew he knew about the Asylum and Victorian London and that he was her Doctor, she went all out on those occasions.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this would happen, but I hoped that it wouldn't but here we go.
    1. Clara says that she saw ALL the doctors, and she said that there are only eleven of them (Except John Hurt of course). This means that Matt's doctor IS the last Doctor, the eleventh doctor.
    2. The TARDIS that the Doctor is buried in looks the same as the current one, meaning that at least the TARDIS won't be changing anymore until his death
    That's my thoughts :)
    Also has anyone realised that on the close up of the big TARDIS tomb you can see the crack on the window from the rough landing before in the episode?

Time can be rewritten.
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Matt died at Trenzalore, as he would have done without Clara, then that timey-wimey stream would only contain his life up until that point. Clara saved him, so presumably at that point, his stream would start to change to contain all the future stuff that would now take place. But at the point she stepped in, there had only been 11 doctors because he was about to die.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She said in the episode, she kept talking to him, but most times he didn't even hear her.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just might not die and they change his face
  • Options
    BrotherLoveBrotherLove Posts: 2,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering the significance of the cracked window on the tardis as well. They go out of their way to show it in the shot after the hard landing.

...we then look up and his tardis from the future also has the same crack so are we to believe this crack just remains there until he is buried, or does it happen in the very near future before it is repaired?

I very much doubt we'll continue to see this crack in all future episodes of Who before he croaks it. The tardis must do some form of self repair - after all it's always blowing up!

Strange.
  • Options
    Gary of BeestonGary of Beeston Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Clara's voiceover says "sometimes he hears me, sometime he doesn't" (I'm paraphrasing-sorry) but she is always there or thereabouts.

All those Deus ex Machinas? They were Clara ex Machinas!

Gary
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As Clara's voiceover says "sometimes he hears me, sometime he doesn't" (I'm paraphrasing-sorry) but she is always there or thereabouts.

All those Deus ex Machinas? They were Clara ex Machinas!

Gary

More like Deus ex Clara ;) (God from Clara rather than Clara from the machine :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, the BBC will cancel a 50-year-old show which has finally gained worldwide recognition because the props department used the same prop twice in the same episode.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering the significance of the cracked window on the tardis as well. They go out of their way to show it in the shot after the hard landing.

...we then look up and his tardis from the future also has the same crack so are we to believe this crack just remains there until he is buried, or does it happen in the very near future before it is repaired?

I very much doubt we'll continue to see this crack in all future episodes of Who before he croaks it. The tardis must do some form of self repair - after all it's always blowing up!

Strange.

Enough with th crack already! The crack on the TombTARDIS is on the side, not on the door. Watch it and this is obvious. So theories about cracks are cracked! The crack is shown so that when we see team Vastra inside the biggified TARDIS and they look up and see the cracked side window, we know exactly where they are.

Either that or a duck fell through a crack in time, swerved to avoid a red balloon, narrowly missed a flickering lightbulb in Cumbria and flew into the window and broke it.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    11th Doctor, not the last one.
  • Options
    KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    Enough with th crack already! The crack on the TombTARDIS is on the side, not on the door. Watch it and this is obvious. So theories about cracks are cracked! The crack is shown so that when we see team Vastra inside the biggified TARDIS and they look up and see the cracked side window, we know exactly where they are.

Either that or a duck fell through a crack in time, swerved to avoid a red balloon, narrowly missed a flickering lightbulb in Cumbria and flew into the window and broke it.

Now I'm really confused. In one thread people are telling people that the only reason some of the plots don't make sense is because they don't pay enough attention. And now in another thread people are being patronised because they are analysing small details :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a television show. You can't expect the production team to actually know the future.
    With regards to Clara seeing all the Doctor's faces, she only had to save him from the GI up until the present moment and no further.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Koquillion wrote: »

http://i44.tinypic.com/23tnrbt.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2r4tlog.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mwiln8.png

It looks like the same crack to me, under the "E" in POLICE, on the "door" :o
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    http://i44.tinypic.com/23tnrbt.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2r4tlog.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mwiln8.png

It looks like the same crack to me, under the "E" in POLICE, on the "door" :o

There's no door handles, there's no telephone, there's no St John Ambulance sticker so what you are seeing isn't the Front of the Tomb TARDIS but one of the sides.

The crack in the current TARDIS is on a front window not a side window.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KezM wrote: »
    Now I'm really confused. In one thread people are telling people that the only reason some of the plots don't make sense is because they don't pay enough attention. And now in another thread people are being patronised because they are analysing small details :rolleyes:.

...incorrectly analysing small details because they don't pay enough attention?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    There's no door handles, there's no telephone, there's no St John Ambulance sticker so what you are seeing isn't the Front of the Tomb TARDIS but one of the sides.

The crack in the current TARDIS is on a front window not a side window.
    good pickup lol