Insurance Claim question

babinabababinaba Posts: 5,422
Forum Member
Hi.

I've just had my renewal documents through and on there in the "Claim Detail" section is details of a "claim" on the 3rd November 2009. It says "No" to NCB affected and £0 own costs and £0 third party costs.

I've just spoken to my insurance company about it and they've said it was due to when a stupid white van man reversed into me (I wrote about it on here). I didn't do anything about it cause all he'd done was crack my number plate, but he's obviously reported it and his insurance company has told my insurance company. My insurance company have confirmed that it's down as a "no fault claim".

Now, however, they've told me that if I look for other insurance, I have to tick "yes" to claim in the last 3/5 years (it varies) question. Even though it's a non fault claim AND I didn't even claim?!? The wording on Direct Line for example is "Have you made any claims in the past 3 years?" which to me I should answer "no" because I haven't made a claim. But, I don't want to get done for insurance fraud.

What would you do? Can I get it taken off? I'm pretty annoyed. grrr

Ta
bab
x

Comments

• MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they normally ask also if you've had any accidents? If that's the case then I would have thought you could "no" to the claims question (as you haven't made a claim) and "yes" to the accident question.

Edit: Just checked on the confused.com website and there is only the "claims" question and the explanatory text with it is:

"Please give us details of any accidents or claims you've had involving your car in the last 5 years. Please include incidents where you were not deemed to be at fault or where you were driving a different vehicle."
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,422
    Forum Member
    ****ers, I'm going to get a quote and try it with yes and then no, if there's any difference in price, I'll be fuming.

Just tried to do the Confused.com quote and if you tick yes, it brings up a box to put the date of the claim in, the cost, the type of incident (put accident) then 2 ticky boxes asking if it was settled and if anyone was injured. Where do I put that it wasn't my fault? Was it settled?

!!!!:mad:
  • MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The choices on confused.com aren't great for your situation. Just looked on Go Compare as I've used them in the past, and they have a bigger list of options, one of which is "incident - no claim made".
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,422
    Forum Member
    Migster wrote: »
    The choices on confused.com aren't great for your situation. Just looked on Go Compare as I've used them in the past, and they have a bigger list of options, one of which is "incident - no claim made".

urgh, I might venture onto go compare and use that, even though I vowed not to after their god awful adverts! lol