Changing ownership of IPad

The iPad was originally my husbands but now he has his Mac Book I use it. How do we change all the defaults from his name to mine. It won't let us just go in and change it. Do we just do a complete reset?

Comments

• !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, do a reset. But if you attach it to a different iTunes account you'll lose all purchases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thank you
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Yes, do a reset. But if you attach it to a different iTunes account you'll lose all purchases.
    Not true! You can have Apps from different iTunes accounts on an iDevice at the same time!
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chat wrote: »
    The iPad was originally my husbands but now he has his Mac Book I use it. How do we change all the defaults from his name to mine. It won't let us just go in and change it. Do we just do a complete reset?

Is this iPad synced with iTunes on your own computer?

By 'defaults from his name to mine' do you mean different iTunes libraries/users on your computer? Or same library/user but just want to change it's name from 'Mr.Bloggs iPad' to 'Mrs.Bloggs iPad'?
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    Not true! You can have Apps from different iTunes accounts on an iDevice at the same time!

Not if you reset it completely and attach it to a new account (i.e. the old account is no longer there, because it's been reset) which is what I was getting at.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Not if you reset it completely and attach it to a new account (i.e. the old account is no longer there, because it's been reset) which is what I was getting at.
    If you do a full reset then yes! In general it will add Apps from a new account to any existing ones. I guess that may prove more complex to manage than many people would wish!