Options

Cheeseburger Pizza from Pizza Hut

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
Forum Member
I couldn't resist ordering the rather strange looking cheeseburger crust pizza from Pizza Hut - went for a veggie topping as the base meant the pizza already had rather a lot of meat on it!

It was actually quite tasty - but rather filling and a bit odd looking! Perfect novelty party food though ;)

http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2013/09/new-cheeseburger-vegetable-supreme.html

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    My sister and her boyfriend brought this back home tonight - the burgers were actually quite nice! Seasoned really well and actually nicer than the pizza!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I totally agree - the burger quality was much better than expected - really tasty.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks absolutely horrendous! Glad you enjoyed it though.
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather eat my own shoes than have a bite of that.
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks pretty rotten.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presentation wise it looks like someone has thrown up from a great height into a cardboard box. If it tastes good though I don't suppose it matters. Not for me thanks.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the hot dog pizzas from both Pizza Hut and Dominoes and they are very nice.

When I heard about this cheeseburger pizza I assumed they'd just stuff the normal crust with beef mince and a little cheese through the middle.

This does look a mess but I suppose what it tastes like is most important.

Looking at the picture I'm wondering if they're using a larger box to accommodate the burgers or they've made the actual pizza part smaller to fit it all in?
  • Options
    Nuggets69Nuggets69 Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    It's much nicer and much cheaper to make your own.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nuggets69 wrote: »

That is not what is being discussed here.

If people wanted to discuss home made pizzas they would do so in an appropriate thread possible titled "Home made burger pizzas".
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuggets69 wrote: »

Blimey, you didn't last long!:D:D:D
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    It is the most ridiculous pizza I've ever seen, but it was damn tasty :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Iceland pizzas but I always did love the Cheeseburger Iceland Pizza. It's only a £1 if people want to try that and compare it.
  • Options
    Nuggets69Nuggets69 Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    KidPoker wrote: »
    That is not what is being discussed here.

If people wanted to discuss home made pizzas they would do so in an appropriate thread possible titled "Home made burger pizzas".

Oh, I thought that was the done thing here. Can't make a post about anything takeaway without people telling us that they make their own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Area88 wrote: »
    I hate Iceland pizzas but I always did love the Cheeseburger Iceland Pizza. It's only a £1 if people want to try that and compare it.

I didn't know Iceland had made one - was it laid out just as strangely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cinabar wrote: »
    I didn't know Iceland had made one - was it laid out just as strangely?
    No but it was very realistic tasting. It had a tomato ketchup base sauce, beef mince and some cheese. It's probably their best pizza.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Im ordering one tonight, i'll give my reviews tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im ordering one tonight, i'll give my reviews tomorrow.

You'll have to let us know what topping you chose too - I had the veggie one to add balance - but someone I work with went for a meat feast (in case there wasn't enough meat on it already)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks dreadful to be honest.
  • Options
    GrandPlains206GrandPlains206 Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Its looks and sounds disgusting but I'd still give it a try
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    cinabar wrote: »
    You'll have to let us know what topping you chose too - I had the veggie one to add balance - but someone I work with went for a meat feast (in case there wasn't enough meat on it already)!

I got the cajun chicken on with chicken, red onion, peppers and jalepenos.
    Looks nothing like the advert, and quite smaller than expected. It was nice, the burgers are nice but im not that big a fan of pizza hut the base was very doughy and much prefer dominos.
    Also, this is a bit minging but i always leave a bit left over for the next day, love dominos next day pizza :o, but this morning i had a slice and it was minging. Ended up throwing the rest in the bin. Bit of a waste.

However- for a side i choose the cheesy triangles. These are immense!! I wish Dominos did them as a side. So good.

The cheeseburger is just a bit of a novelty and at least ive tried it but itll probably be years before i order from pizza hut again. Coupled by the fact that the dominos beside me delivers and pizza hut doesnt!
    Its looks and sounds disgusting but I'd still give it a try

I wouldnt bother.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    A friend ordered this yesterday; something that expensive should at least look better. I politely declined the offered slice! :D