Options

What on earth is going on!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    This was a complete shocker - I'm completly gutted John was voted out - He was obviously the best male skater - If not the best in the show - I think ITV will loose a lot of viewers after this desision - I think he was very popular - and very good looking .. although sadly gay :( I mena who is this stefan bloke - i beleive he has a tiny role in the bill - but is he actually we known for anything else?
  • Options
    squigglessquiggles Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I want to add to all the voices who are gutted that John and Olga are out. :cry: They must be devastated too. I've liked him very much ever since Live and Kicking and he's been the star of this show, the one I love watching, whether it's skating or chatting afterwards. He comes across as such a great guy, a mix of bouncy, enthusiastic, eager to learn and most of all entertaining and fun which is a lot more than can be said for most of the others.
    I won't be watching Defrosted any more - unless someone has the bright idea to let him present it from now on. I now couldn't care less who wins, and the main show will totally have lost its sparkle which is a huge shame. I rather hope that ITV do lose lots of viewers to the musicals show he's also in.

I like Stefan and Kristina too though, so I'd rather have had anyone else in the bottom two. I'm as mystified by the judges voting as everyone else here, Stefan surely didn't improve that much between performances and has been in the bottom two for weeks. The thought did cross my mind that John is currently starring in BBC shows...

Usually I've been very lucky with reality shows where my favourites seem to do well, from Dan (BB) to JD Fortune, G4 and Journey South, so this has to be the worst result for me so far! It's just so wrong! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also absolutely gutted that John went - maybe the programme makers will realise how much this could affect their viewing figures and come up with some sort of twist to bring him back? Okay, maybe I'm clutching at straws here, but a chance to 'vote back in your favourite of those evicted so far' would add to their revenue considerably, as I'm sure many of us would be repeat dialling for JB. I'm kicking myself that I didn't do so last night - like many others on here, I thought he was safe, and was saving my pennies until the competition got tighter.

The presenters, and the judges, all looked shell-shocked at the result, so I'm really hoping that they will come up with some way of bringing him back.

JB's site admin has posted on his forum with email and telephone details for fans to call into GMTV to make their voices heard tomorrow - would it be against the DS T&Cs to repost them here, in an effort to spread the word and see if anything could be done about this situation?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote:
    Theres another thread going on about this which I posted on Rachel so dont worry you're not the only one and my mother is mortified too!

We will have to assume that some of the British Public aren't too keen on overconfident Americans, and dont really know just how brilliant John is and what he actually does, accept for the fact that he's on Dr Who. His real fans probably watched him on The Musicals on the other side so didnt vote!

I'm not really into games and such so cant really appreciate our dearly beloved Kelly. To me she can just run fast. Sorry to be such a philistine. Apart from that, she's extremely arrogant and got the personality of a gnat. But I'm sure she means well. Did John Barrowman have a go at the judges for choosing Stefan? Does he have to keep mentioning that he's appeared on Broadway and West End? No he was very humble and dignified. Anway, I'm sure he's got a very good future ahead of him!!!

Have to say i taped BBC1 and watched John on ITV and most musical theatre fans did the same. His future is bright no matter what he does now. Shame he's gone though.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neardark wrote:
    I'm also absolutely gutted that John went - maybe the programme makers will realise how much this could affect their viewing figures and come up with some sort of twist to bring him back? Okay, maybe I'm clutching at straws here, but a chance to 'vote back in your favourite of those evicted so far' would add to their revenue considerably, as I'm sure many of us would be repeat dialling for JB. I'm kicking myself that I didn't do so last night - like many others on here, I thought he was safe, and was saving my pennies until the competition got tighter.

The presenters, and the judges, all looked shell-shocked at the result, so I'm really hoping that they will come up with some way of bringing him back.

JB's site admin has posted on his forum with email and telephone details for fans to call into GMTV to make their voices heard tomorrow - would it be against the DS T&Cs to repost them here, in an effort to spread the word and see if anything could be done about this situation?

Where on the JB website is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only just watched it and am in shock!! Johns performance is the only one that I look forward to and hes out of the competition, wouldn't it have been great if he had performed Bolero!?! Now this will never happen:( I was confused because when Robin Cousins was casting his vote he was saying words like "Show man" and "best on the night" and I thought yes he's going to say John, but Stefan was said instead. Then I thought he might have said the wrong name but I am also clutching at straws!! I can't believe it, He is a brilliant skater!! He's not even American he british, arghhhhhh what is the world coming to! The British public want Stefan out and hes still in so why didn't they end his misery and let him go? Kelly should have been in the bottom two in my opinion:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched last night's skate off but didn't see the original skate. On the basis of the skate off, I did think Stefan and his partner were the better pair at that time. I really wanted John to stay though and hoped the fact that it was his first week in the bottom two might mean something.

The problem with this type of show is that some contestants have stronger fan bases and that affects the voting pattern. Its an issue in SCD too where most of the earlier eliminations tend to be people who are less well known (or just unpopular). I don't watch the Bill and wouldn't have known about Stefan without Philip and co telling me.

On performance, last nights evictee should have been Kelly who is not good at ice dancing but is doing a good job of showing us that she does not have a very nice personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    evilfish wrote:
    Felt exactly the same. I just could not believe Kelly wasn't in the bottom 2 (see my other posts on this subject!).

It didn't take long for the conspiracy theorist inside me to appear. And a few strange things occurred to me.

1 - John was the only person to go first twice in the series and so was always going to have a little lower marks because the judges have nothing to compare him to.

2 - John and Bonnie were always the odds on favourites, even from the first show. Maybe by removing one of them, the producers hope to create more interest so people will tune in again to see who will take his place in the final.

3 - The Kelly Holmes factor. Maybe they think by keeping in the big name (hopeless skater) will keep casual viewers watching. Compare her to John in celebrity name stakes and I bet the average viewer would recognise her name above his.

4 - There also has to be something in the judges’ strange reaction to voting Stefan through. Where as in other skate offs they have mention past performances and potential for the future. This time they seemed to solely concentrate on the one performance. I still couldn't see what was so special / different with what Stefan did.

5 - He is in a major BBC TV programme and it certainly would've harmed ITV to have him win an ITV programme and then go back to BBC to do Torchwood and more Doctor Who. Notice out of the TV stars that are left that they are all ITV related.

Yes I am annoyed. Maybe I am trying to give reasons to a decision that just plain stinks!!

Think I have to agree with you on the conspiracy theory, Evilfish - there is just no other logical explanation!
    Even my dog (who is not a staffie :D ) could tell that John was in a different league to Stefan & indeed, all the others, apart from perhaps Bonnie.

Maybe they thought controversy would be good for the show - but I really think it may have backfired. Personally, I'm really not sure I can be a***d to watch it anymore & I'm sure many others must feel the same. Firstly, the show has now lost all credibility & secondly it will be pretty damn boring without John - Bonnie now really has no competition & the best ' (indeed, only!) showman', 'performer' & 'character' has gone.
    He brought a touch of professionalism & 'glamour', to an otherwise pretty tired format & amateurish presentation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with you there, I don't think I will be a**ed to watch it, the only night I will tune in will be to watch Torville and Dean performing Bolero again, probably never see them do it again! It certainly has lost all credibility, he was fantastic, funny, caring, genuinely nice person and was a fantastic skater!! ARgh i am sooo shocked :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Hi all just popped in from the SCD forum - gutted that John went did agree with the judges that on the skate off stefan raised his game and John looked a little tense . I felt that as soon as the choreography chap opened his mouth about Kelly - she would be saved by the public as has happened on SCD , she really is the most inelegant skater - might be helped if they gave her more skirt! If Arlene phillips had been on the panel she would have been a lot more insulting!!!

Oh yes and there have been conspiracy theories on our forum too - there was a theory of costume sabotage and subliminal messaging !!
  • Options
    TheSoupdragonTheSoupdragon Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angry as hell. :mad: :mad: Can't believe he was in the bottom 2 let alone voted out. In my opinion they've lost the most entertaining and fun skater there. The only male with any real talent. He wasn't afraid to try more complicated moves that the other couples haven't. Wouldn't be surprised if it loses a lot of viewers now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    DivaLoca wrote:
    Yes it is a shame, especially as for a while it did look like this show might have some semblance of credibility - couldn't last could it.

I can't say I was aware of JB prior to catching this show in its second week - I was impressed by his desire to improve and his overall attitude, seemed like such a genuinely nice guy and a terrific skater to boot.

What bemuses me is that the judges voted (apparently) on the night's performance and yet had rated JB's performance earlier in the night far more highly than Stefan's - so what happened to change their minds?

It's unlikely I'll watch with such enthusiasm any more - if at all.

not sure but Kristina Cousins Robin Cousins any relation by chance?
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think after the events of Saturday, the show has become a complete and utter farce - to see John voted out of the show by the judges was on a par with Maria getting the boot over the Conway Sisters in the X factor!

At the end of the day, the show has been handed to Bonnie Langford on a platter, so they might just as well call it quits now!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Hello Everyone

This is Olga , John's partner from Dancing on Ice.

I just want to say thank you for all your kind comments , they are so nice to read and are help cheering me up after our terrible saturday evening.

I can tell you all , that i am absolutely devastated for John , he didnt deserve what happened on saturday . The 3rd position from the judges during the show was fair , but to then put him in the skate off , was a travesty. I just guess that everyone thought he was safe , and not enough voted for him. I felt the skate off decision was fair , but the fact was he souldn't have been there , and some of the judges comments in the summing up were a little strange , but i felt it was still the correct decision.

I never knew who John was until i arrived to train with him , but i can tell you that he was incredibly dedicated to learning his skating and to try to master 'the blades'. He had made tremendous progress and was doing so well .

I really enjoyed coaching him , he was so enthustiastic , and was a great partner to perform with , i so enjoyed our 'Amarillo' routine.

I feel the show will be a little 'sadder' without him , a fact that was obvious by all the production teams shock , and his fellow celebrities shock , at saturdays result.

I didnt feel it was our time to go , but somebody had to.

I just have this feeling that 'Team Barrowtenko' will be back . If i had the chance , i would adore to skate with him again. He is a true and wonderful performer , the 'British' public should cherish him , He really deserves it.

Lots of Love and thank you for your nice words.

Olga S www.olgasharutenko.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Got this reply from ITV ref getting a copy of the results -

ITV do not provide or publish a breakdown of voting results for any of
    their programmes.

My conspiracy sense is tingling again!!

PS - Hi Olga, thanks for the dropping by again.