Chanelle Hayes

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2679442/It-took-suicide-attempt-discover-mother-prostitute-murdered-Chanelle-Hayes-adoptive-parents-told-past.html

Now my opinion of Chanelle hasn't always been very positive. I've always found her a desperate attention seeker who would do and say anything to get into the rags (affair with Mini Me anyone!).

But reading this, God what a thing to discover about your biological mother. I really do feel for her to know that was in her past and just think how lucky she has been to have such fabulous adoptive parents.

I really hope she has moved on from her horrible start in life, learnt from her very public mistakes and can be a great mum for her son.

Comments

• HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched her on This Morning today and thought she came across very well. It showed a picture of her birth mum and I thought they looked so alike. Such a traumatic story for anyone to have to deal with.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Bloomin' heck, that's awful. I've never paid much attention to her, she's just another wannabe, imo. However the little bits I have read, she does come across as a very loving Mum so if any good has came out of that desperately sad story, it's maybe that it's given her the strength to be the best Mum she possibly can be.

I'm sure she was seeing Jack Tweed, not sure if she still is but if so, I hope she finds it in herself to dump that useless lump.

Good luck to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I saw her on This Morning and she came across well with what must be such a harrowing story.
    My only criticism was her constant pouting which I found inappropriate
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My only criticism was her constant pouting which I found inappropriate

At first I thought she'd had a bucket of something injected into her lips to create the effect, but then whenever she had to speak it vanished and it became obvious that it was a deliberate pose each time. Was very strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Poor girl! I actually watched a little of her series of BB and I seem to recall she was a fairly bright girl (at uni) but obsessed with celebrity culture. I can't begin to imagine how it feels to find out information like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    At first I thought she'd had a bucket of something injected into her lips to create the effect, but then whenever she had to speak it vanished and it became obvious that it was a deliberate pose each time. Was very strange.

It does mention in the article that she has suffered with body image issues so it may have been a nervous/self conscious thing.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor girl.

How do any of us know how we could cope with something like that. :(
    Forum Member
    Poor girl! I actually watched a little of her series of BB and I seem to recall she was a fairly bright girl (at uni) but obsessed with celebrity culture. I can't begin to imagine how it feels to find out information like that.

Completely agree, I watched that series of BB & much as she was a pain with Ziggy, it's fair to say she wasn't daft, such a shame she was so obsessed with fame, years ago there weren't many Amy's, Chantelles etc now we're being overrun with them:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, I watched that series of BB & much as she was a pain with Ziggy, it's fair to say she wasn't daft, such a shame she was so obsessed with fame, years ago there weren't many Amy's, Chantelles etc now we're being overrun with them:confused:

I watched it too and detested her constant swearing.
    I always felt she was better than how she was portraying herself.

She did mention to the HMs that her mum had been murdered.

I really hope she can find happiness.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched that series of BB on and off and remember thinking that her and Ziggy had the most destructive showmance I've ever seen on a reality tv show. They both seemed so desperate to have a relationship that they just clung to the first person attractive person they passed in the corridor and they just were completely wrong for each other.

I also remember her and the gobby black girl (whose name escapes me) almost coming to blows in an argument about nothing
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I watched that series of BB on and off and remember thinking that her and Ziggy had the most destructive showmance I've ever seen on a reality tv show. They both seemed so desperate to have a relationship that they just clung to the first person attractive person they passed in the corridor and they just were completely wrong for each other.

I also remember her and the gobby black girl (whose name escapes me) almost coming to blows in an argument about nothing

Charley.

& yes, agree on her and Ziggy. I suspect Jack Tweed is probably even less compatible with her.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,924
    Forum Member
    Isn't this an old recycled story? 2011

I'm sure it was mentioned during her appearance on BB 2007.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know much about her either but I know she was quite big on attention seeking, and I guess in a way this could explain it. She's not in the media much now though is she?

Either way I feel a bit sorry for her but good luck to her, looks like she loves being a mum.
    Forum Member

I agree.

Yeah I remember her mentioning that her Mum had been murdered but she didn't go into detail. I can't begin to imagine how it would feel to discover that, poor girl.

Was she not a "Posh" lookalike?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

Yes it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Yeah I remember her mentioning that her Mum had been murdered but she didn't go into detail. I can't begin to imagine how it would feel to discover that, poor girl.

Was she not a "Posh" lookalike?

She was.
    I remember her going to the states to meet VB.............but VB absolutely ignored her.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sad for Chanelle, considering her upbringing and what she's been through she has actually turned out alright. I certainly wouldn't be able to cope with something that shocking.

I don't think she has grown up a lot and is not as fame hungry as she use to be. She seems like a great mum to that little boy.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I feel so sad for Chanelle, considering her upbringing and what she's been through she has actually turned out alright. I certainly wouldn't be able to cope with something that shocking.

I don't think she has grown up a lot and is not as fame hungry as she use to be. She seems like a great mum to that little boy.

Disagree on that point.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember her mentioning on BB that her Mum had been murdered.

Not surprised she's as needy as she is.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

Yes it is. Which is why I don't understand how people are easily falling for her and feeling sorry for her all over again when she's already sold this story countless times before.

Yes it is sad, and it is harrowing, but...how many times are you going to keep mentioning it to get a bit of attention? :confused:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is. Which is why I don't understand how people are easily falling for her and feeling sorry for her all over again when she's already sold this story countless times before.

Yes it is sad, and it is harrowing, but...how many times are you going to keep mentioning it to get a bit of attention? :confused:

I can see how people who didn't watch her series of BB or follow her in the media might not have heard about it before though.

I can remember her speaking briefly about it in the house, and also an incident where someone (Ziggy?) touched her neck and she got very upset and said she can't bear having her neck touched since she'd learned her mother had been strangled.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Ugh! So she did get jiggy with ziggy - on TV!! :o

Cheap stunt revealing it now to sell her book after all that sincerity on TM. Shame, I was really feeling for her but maybe this latest revelation attracts more publicity.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I do think shes more down to earth than the average z lister but shes still a z lister.

Tragic background story which on a human level you have to have some empathy with.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the others here, I caught a bit of the interview on This Morning last Thursday between rushing to & fro from my daily duties.

To me, it was a constant rehashing of Ms Hayes's biological mother's murder which I'd been aware of in the media yonks ago.

So what was the point of that interview? Did This Morning run short of genuine celebs to interview that day? The show is running itself to a deathly bore nowadays. Too much zelebs like Ms Hayes - half of them whom I've never heard of today shouldn't be there.