Options

Channel 5 Attacked By Brain Injury Charity

Comments

• Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they just explain all this to the other housemates?
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    producers wont give a rats arse that's the problem. I doubt Gary would want special treatment but what a total shower of S*** to stand the mocking knowing the guy wont hear them. Give me Gary anyday than most of the mockers the tiny amount of live feed.

George just sitting there looking pleased with himself. Newsflash mate get ready to made the biggest muppet ever she is playing you like a Steinway.

ricci guarnaccio in the last live feed he actually said 4 words the rest of the time just posing there like a Kays catalogue model.

As for Tiny tears Aka stephanie pratt never has a surname been so apt

They heard the crowd reaction yet its still not connecting with them people like Gary

You had that rampant heterosexual male James Jordan wondering why the negative crowd reaction and anyone of them Dare mock Gary??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Jay73 wrote: »
    No you misunderstand and he isn't a kid so don't patronise him. Since this started people on here have been feeling sorry for him with his age/hearing/accident and the way he appears to being treated. All I'm saying is that people are voting to keep him in for their own entertainment. I feel uncomfortable in watching him struggle. Let the man leave with cheers.

I dont misunderstand, and I don't patronise him. I think its fantastic after what he's been through he just carries on.
    The intolerance of some of the housemates disgusts me.
    Of course I'm keeping him for my own entertainment, what a strange thing to say.
    If there is a struggle its caused by others intolerance, and he's getting cheers everyday.
  • Options
    Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    Like I said he should be removed from the house it is getting ridiculous this s bb he should not be in there if he can't take care of himself I for one think he is winding them up and is not as he is portraying but if it's going to be three weeks of poor old Gary then he needs to be at home and his fans should get him out instead of complaining about it it is getting tedious now all this poor Gary the man won't want your sim patchy I bet he would like to win on metit not pity
    He needs to stay he does not need to go home, he needs to be treated like a human being not a piece of dirt.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    What a load of melodrama!

Why do you say that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    exactly, his acting isnt that good. He can hear the Brits give their noms from across the room but when Stephanie starts to talk, He basically demands that she comes and speaks RIGHT to him.

thats playing a game, thats using your disability as a ploy

Or just maybe her voice is a tone he cant hear properly ?
    My dad is the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't they just explain all this to the other housemates?

How do you know they haven't ?
    They are intolerant of his deafness so maybe they are just intolerant of his brain injury.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have often wondered how much of his difficult behaviour Gary is aware of or can control, this quote from the telegraph sort of answers my question -

psychiatrist Charles Sophy described it as essentially weakening his mental "filters" and causing him to speak and act impulsively.

He seems to be dealing with it Ok but even so ranting at him, laughing at him and ridiculing him is crossing the line of common decency imo.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    How do you know they haven't ?
    They are intolerant of his deafness so maybe they are just intolerant of his brain injury.

Exactly. They just feel threatened by him and will do all they can to undermine him. It's that simple. They want to topple him collectively to give themselves a chance to shine.
  • Options
    vpowervpower Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this drivel about Gary being bullied?

Can't we just have one series where outlandish bully claims aren't shouted from the roof tops? Every damn series we follow the same formula. Choose a favourite, turn them into a victim, then claim they are bullied.
    Of course you can start your own website and wallow in your ignorance there, bye.

Why should this poster start another website when this one is where people should be allowed to express their opinion, whether it 's against popular forum opinion or not:confused:
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    Shameful opportunititsic attention seeking

Dont agree. Silly, foolish, poorly educated, neigh ignorant spring to mind.
    My opinion.... very just, very fair, very appropriate.
    We cant all agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »

Yogacats i apologise, I do not know how I didn't see your thread, I shall ask the moderators to remove my one.

And yes, very well done.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just posted this in DryIce's thread but she's asked for it to be deleted having noticed this one. :) DryIce, you can ask for them to be merged :)

Gary is probably one of the strongest people in there.

I don't believe he's being bullied, rather the HM's don't know how to deal with him so he is often isolated.

I know Headway really well and feel they should be promoting an awareness campaign highlighting the isolation people with brain injuries experience.

I don't feel it serves any purpose for a national organisation to pick off who is treating him worse in the house (not saying they ARE doing that) as this will create a backlash for their supporters and cause more people to justify their behaviour towards Gary.

Even if only 5% of people on this forum read about Brain Injury, it would create more understanding, but it wouldn't necessarily mean everyone would be able to cope with someone with the condition:
    http://www.traumaticbraininjury.com/...-tbi-symptoms/
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    Dont agree. Silly, foolish, poorly educated, neigh ignorant spring to mind.
    My opinion.... very just, very fair, very appropriate.
    We cant all agree!

Oh look, spare head 2.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Just posted this in DryIce's thread but she's asked for it to be deleted having noticed this one. :) DryIce, you can ask for them to be merged :)

I don't believe he's being bullied, rather the HM's don't know how to deal with him so he is often isolated.

I know Headway really well and feel they should be promoting an awareness campaign highlighting the isolation people with brain injuries experience.

I don't feel it serves any purpose for a national organisation to pick off who is treating him worse in the house (not saying they ARE doing that) as this will create a backlash for their supporters and cause more people to justify their behaviour towards Gary.

Even if only 5% of people on this forum read about Brain Injury, it would create more understanding, but it wouldn't necessarily mean everyone would be able to cope with someone with the condition:

I'll never be completely convinced that it was Headway's purpose to single out any housemate for attack, but more inclined to believe the rag that printed it to sensationalise whatever few statements they've made.

So whilst I agree with you that it would do the charity no good to go down that road, I'm not convinced that this was their purpose in the first place. :)
  • Options
    savvychelssavvychels Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Ricci's nomination was nasty! Really really unkind and spiteful and designed to hurt him.

<snip>

Everyone else's reasons were stuff he could work on, Riccis was a character assassination.

I'm just still in shock at the audacity and hypocrisy of Ricci talking about someone else's suitability as a role model for 'his children'. Has he looked in the mirror? I'd take a 70yo with life experience (even as difficuly as he might be to deal with) over Ricci and his jumped up self importance from a ridiculous 'reality' show any day. I cringe to think of a child growing up in his home at the moment.

Glass houses, stones and all that.

And don't even get me started on Stephanie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt you know headway as well as I do.
    I'll ask about your credentials next week. Im sure when I say Joni from DS they'll know immediately who I'm referring to.
    Are you representing them or just spouting the same stuff that keeps being repeated about brain injury with absolutely no idea how it relates to Gary.
    In the case of any human issue being discovered on a TV show,, the reaction on forums is far too frequently based on peoples determination to out do each other with their liberal understanding and desire to 'educate'.
    James would fit right in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vpower wrote: »
    Why should this poster start another website when this one is where people should be allowed to express their opinion, whether it 's against popular forum opinion or not:confused:

That's more like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    vpower wrote: »

They want a forum where this doesnt happen "Can't we just have one series where outlandish bully claims aren't shouted from the roof tops? Every damn series we follow the same formula. Choose a favourite, turn them into a victim, then claim they are bullied." that isnt going to happen here so what alternative is there?

I'm baffled as to why you had such difficulty with that. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually what IS tedious is watching these bastards horrible self centred, self righteous, narcissistic, unkind and totally ignorant behaviour when you just KNOW they would be
    bloody outraged if they saw their own parents, grandparents, loved ones treated so damn bad and low.
    Wouldnt you? Maybe not.

Edit to add do you really think George would love to sit at home on his gogglebox crapped out sofa and watch his parents treated like Gary is by a bunch of total knobs?
    Maybe he would say just put them into care and be damned.
    If Gary does winit certainly Will be on merit after suffering these bunts.

this ^^^^^
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I'll never be completely convinced that it was Headway's purpose to single out any housemate for attack, but more inclined to believe the rag that printed it to sensationalise whatever few statements they've made.

So whilst I agree with you that it would do the charity no good to go down that road, I'm not convinced that this was their purpose in the first place. :)
    Sorry Cat, I agree, that's what I meant. I should have made it more clear that they wouldn't do that as it wouldn't serve any purpose to single out HM's. It's not their style.
    HBB wrote: »
    I doubt you know headway as well as I do.
    I'll ask about your credentials next week. Im sure when I say Joni from DS they'll know immediately who I'm referring to.
    Are you representing them or just spouting the same stuff that keeps being repeated about brain injury with absolutely no idea how it relates to Gary.
    In the case of any human issue being discovered on a TV show,, the reaction on forums is far too frequently based on peoples determination to out do each other with their liberal understanding and desire to 'educate'.
    James would fit right in.

You need to stop taking my posts so personally, re-read what you have posted then come back to me.
    I have no issue with you, indeed you make some good points in other threads, thus I won't take the above post to pieces for it's inaccuracies and contradictions.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually what IS tedious is watching these bastards horrible self centred, self righteous, narcissistic, unkind and totally ignorant behaviour when you just KNOW they would be
    bloody outraged if they saw their own parents, grandparents, loved ones treated so damn bad and low.
    Wouldnt you? Maybe not.

Edit to add do you really think George would love to sit at home on his gogglebox crapped out sofa and watch his parents treated like Gary is by a bunch of total knobs?
    Maybe he would say just put them into care and be damned.
    If Gary does winit certainly Will be on merit after suffering these bunts.

Well said.

I have had experience of dealing with a close relative who had brain damage, she sadly died from an unrelated condition. To live with someone with any form of mental of physical disability is one of the most challenging things you could go through. There are days when you could just want to walk away and never come back, it is many times relentless and often goes without any recognition or appreciation of the struggle that you yourself are going through. You have to get on with it our of love and respect for that person.

As far as the housemates are concerned there is not an ounce of respect for Gary, not for his age, nor his career and most of all nothing but contempt and mocking for his physical and mental challenges he has to endure.. he is an embarrassment to their showbiz celebrity lifestyle.

The ones that nominated the other evening especially Ricky and Stephanie are beyond contempt and why BB did not punish their aggressive outbursts but see fit to question Audley's nomination is beyond me.

The way they are treating Gary is shocking and cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    I agree it's not up to the hms to understand brain injury bb put him in there I am sure thy would have assets him if it's that big a concern to people then bb should remove him from the house problem solved

What a disgusting comment. so because Gary has a brain injury/deafness he hasn't a place in society.? should he also been thrown into a dark room and left to die. sorry but if you've disabilities of your own then you'd think you would have a bit more understanding.

Whether your partially sighted, blind, deaf, brain damaged or just old every one should be treated as equal. this lot of self absorbed housemates have no time for the elderly. absolutely disgraceful. Gary is entitled to his place in society and the BB house regardless of any health reason.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    What a disgusting comment. so because Gary has a brain injury/deafness he hasn't a place in society.? should he also been thrown into a dark room and left to die. sorry but if you've disabilities of your own then you'd think you would have a bit more understanding.

Whether your partially sighted, blind, deaf, brain damaged or just old every one should be treated as equal. this lot of self absorbed housemates have no time for the elderly. absolutely disgraceful. Gary is entitled to his place in society and the BB house regardless of any health reason.

Abso-flaming-lutely, spot on.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You need to stop taking my posts so personally, re-read what you have posted then come back to me.
    I have no issue with you, indeed you make some good points in other threads, thus I won't take the above post to pieces for it's inaccuracies and contradictions.

Personally.? I don't take them personally. I think you mean literally, i.e. I should accept that you're grandstanding and not being truthful.
    I already knew that.

Off you go with the inaccuracies, I'm sure everyone needs more of you wisdom, you just don't post enough.