Options

Outnumbered new series - starts Friday 2nd September BBC1 9pm

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Though I can't imagine much being spent on quality new programmes with a limited budget (supposed to be saving money) and much lower viewing figures.

Depends on how serious they are about BBC3 programmes airing on BBC1&2. A weeknight 10.30pm slot might rate high enough with younger viewers
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im going to really miss this show.
    Great ending with giant Ben and the school musical...so true to life!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    henry_hope wrote: »
    Im going to really miss this show.
    Great ending with giant Ben and the school musical...so true to life!

I, too, will miss this. my insides were doing a giant slo-mo "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." during the last couple of minutes. It was such a happy ending. Which is good. But also makes me wish, even more, it wasn't all over.

I think they say that's the way you're supposed to conclude everything.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    They did pretty much tie things up, Karen realised things needed to change with her, Angela pretty much walked away thinking she had at least done something to help, And the kids are pretty much coping with life.

However i am sure it will be back....Because the BBC will want more
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the last episode and thought it was great. Samantha Bond is terrifically self centred in her role, and boy do they look like sisters. Sounds silly, but got a bit emotional from the scene with a supportive Karen and a scared Ben on. Lovely stuff and I'm pretty certain this isn't the last we've seen of the Brockmans.

All the cast have been great, but a special round of applause for Daniel Roche as Ben. Very very good series.
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this series, I prefer it with the kids more grown up.

Definitely has legs for continued series if the writers decide to give it another go. They deserve much credit as they couldn't rely on the cutesy appeal of the kids in the early years.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A voice of dissent here.

I've watched this show from the beginning. I used to love it.

Now however, it leaves me cold. And yet everyone else seems to think it's great.

Ah well, it must just be me!
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was a great end to the series, I have to say I've enjoyed this series lots and been one of my favs.

Overall the episode wasn't as strong as say last weeks which remains one of the best episodes of all time but still some great comic and touching moments.

Was good seeing Auntie Angela again, and loved some of the past references like Sue kicking her in the bottom :D one of the funniest Outnumbered moments.

The scene between Karen and Ben outside the school was good, actually seeing Ben scared for a change and the new look Karen giving some advice :)

All in all a great end to a great series and hopefully we get some Christmas specials in the next few years
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Thought it was a great end to the series, I have to say I've enjoyed this series lots and been one of my favs.

Overall the episode wasn't as strong as say last weeks which remains one of the best episodes of all time but still some great comic and touching moments.

Was good seeing Auntie Angela again, and loved some of the past references like Sue kicking her in the bottom :D one of the funniest Outnumbered moments.

The scene between Karen and Ben outside the school was good, actually seeing Ben scared for a change and the new look Karen giving some advice :)

All in all a great end to a great series and hopefully we get some Christmas specials in the next few years

Yes a Christmas special would be good, A great series well written I thought Pete's phone talking was funny.
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the last episode and thought it was great. Samantha Bond is terrifically self centred in her role, and boy do they look like sisters. Sounds silly, but got a bit emotional from the scene with a supportive Karen and a scared Ben on. Lovely stuff and I'm pretty certain this isn't the last we've seen of the Brockmans.

All the cast have been great, but a special round of applause for Daniel Roche as Ben. Very very good series.

Agree:)
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't my favourite way to end it to be honest. I've loved most of it, not noticing too much of a decline. But I've seen better episodes than the final one; there wasn't really anything about it to make it feel special to me in the same way last episodes of other comedies/programmes have, though I did like the Karen/Ben scene.

I hope we see it back at some point in the future.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However it compares with earlier series, it still outclasses any other current sitcoms.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Wasn't my favourite way to end it to be honest. I've loved most of it, not noticing too much of a decline. But I've seen better episodes than the final one; there wasn't really anything about it to make it feel special to me in the same way last episodes of other comedies/programmes have, though I did like the Karen/Ben scene.

Hence why there was no big ending, I think the concert and the family all supporting Ben was a nice last scene for the last series.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »

I think we can pretty much take it as read that there will be a Christmas special - it's been hinted at by both the writers and (at least) Tyger Drew-Honey often enough. (As I've said earlier in this thread, I expect one was filmed as part of the shooting block for this series.)

It also wouldn't surprise me if they did a little Children in Need skit too, especially since we're between Doctors this year, as it were.
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Billy Connolly's 'joy' at being Outnumbered by What We Did On Our Holiday child stars"

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29318004
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    The Christmas special is on Boxing Day at 10pm. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYLga8shak
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    The Christmas special is on Boxing Day at 10pm. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYLga8shak

Looking forward to this but I don't see why it has to be on so late.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the Boxing Day Special :)
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it as well, but not sure how much mileage is left in it.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not going to watch it as I only thought it was funny when they were kids
  • Options
    NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    Think I'll be taking a look out of curiosity, always difficult making a programme with kids, as all parents know they tend to grow up into completely different adults.:(
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Considering Ben used to be so cute in the early series, now he looks like he should be playing Rugby League:o
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Considering Ben used to be so cute in the early series, now he looks like he should be playing Rugby League:o
    He is a rugby union player in real life.
  • Options
    JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And his father was a rugby union correspondent for a number of newspapers.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    An interview with the three "kids" from This Morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4yACMzlAA