Humax HDR-1000S Firmware Update 1.00.16 - Now Available

Comments

• FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    if the programme title fits along the screen it has no need to scroll.....so therefore doesnt scroll
    Ah! how interesting. Now we just need someone to explain the recording pages numbers baffler.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    well that was a bit weird, got up this mornin and i knew for fact i had at least 4 recordings on my 1000s, went to watch 1 and clicked media and the list was totally empty and said 0% used, anyway after a couple clicks the media button they all appeared....phew.... hope its never gonnalose any my recordings, i know the ones on now i can watch via iplayer etc but thats not the point i prefer t watch via recording as i can flick thru the adverts quicker :D
    Forum Member
    well that was a bit weird, got up this mornin and i knew for fact i had at least 4 recordings on my 1000s, went to watch 1 and clicked media and the list was totally empty and said 0% used, anyway after a couple clicks the media button they all appeared....phew.... hope its never gonnalose any my recordings, i know the ones on now i can watch via iplayer etc but thats not the point i prefer t watch via recording as i can flick thru the adverts quicker :D

Perhaps it simply hadn't populated the list. These things can happen if you're a bit to quick pressing the buttons.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

See this a few times, under some circumstances it can take a little while to populate the list, it's more than a tad unnerving the first time you see it. You can either wait a few minutes or reboot the box which so far has brought back the list every time.
    Forum Member
    thanks for replies, and yeah maybe was bit quick, but no quicker thn i have been usually, maybe havin a slow day lol.... but they appeared after a min or so so all was well,
    Forum Member
    thanks for replies, and yeah maybe was bit quick, but no quicker thn i have been usually, maybe havin a slow day lol.... but they appeared after a min or so so all was well,

There are treatments you can have for being a bit quick, try algebra. :D
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    Ah! how interesting. Now we just need someone to explain the recording pages numbers baffler.

Anyone care to explain the numbers on the recordings page as they've lost me?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    There's something missing from the search function that I used on the 9200T which is 'Search By Genre'.
    I used to use it quite a bit when I wanted to see a list of all movies that are on during the week.
    Forum Member
    There are treatments you can have for being a bit quick, try algebra. :D

lol ill make an appointment this morning :D

just for record it did it again this mornin, maybe i am being a bit quick lol....but they come back and all is well so happy days for now :D
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else have issue deleting stuff from the HHD?
    When I watch stuff I tend to delete it straight away (especially at the moment as I dont want to fall victim of the 32% bug),but after selecting delete the program name remains and if I then try to delete again it freezes on that screen and and becomes unresponsive.
    The only button that works on the remote is the power button which when you turn on again you can then proceed to delete it fully.
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    When I watch stuff I tend to delete it straight away (especially at the moment as I dont want to fall victim of the 32% bug),but after selecting delete the program name remains and if I then try to delete again it freezes on that screen and and becomes unresponsive.
    The only button that works on the remote is the power button which when you turn on again you can then proceed to delete it fully.

i have had it where i click delete and it remains there and when i delete again it then deletes, hasnt frozen as yet.... (i also delete once watched, dont see point in clogging up HDD with watched progs :D)
    Forum Member
    i have had it where i click delete and it remains there and when i delete again it then deletes, hasnt frozen as yet.... (i also delete once watched, dont see point in clogging up HDD with watched progs :D)

What I want in a future update is to have a multi-delete option as deleting each individual prog is a pain.
    Forum Member
    What I want in a future update is to have a multi-delete option as deleting each individual prog is a pain.

yup that would b good
  • NathanNathan Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have had this several times too, it would be really helpful if you guys could post that it is happening to you too on the freesat website here please :- http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/Bug-deleting-a-series-recording-leaves-a-phantom-recording/m-p/1678/highlight/true#M435

The more people that do, the better chance of it getting addressed.
    Forum Member
    Nathan wrote: »
    I have had this several times too, it would be really helpful if you guys could post that it is happening to you too on the freesat website here please :- http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/Bug-deleting-a-series-recording-leaves-a-phantom-recording/m-p/1678/highlight/true#M435

The more people that do, the better chance of it getting addressed.

Humax do visit these forums too and post comments now and then so they are aware of issues some of us are having.
    It anything your probably be better off posting all Humax related issues to http://myhumax.org/forum/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I can see people are still having issues with the latest firmware so it goes back today. The Jan 2013 firmware that came with my £99 Samsung SMT7800 seems very nice. Yes, £99! So it knocks the Humax into a cocked hat at this price so the defective pricey one goes back.

I may consider buying one or similar once it's all been ironed out and they don't have their eye on the youview market. Oh and when it's a tad cheaper.

I'll keep my eye on this.
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dry cork wrote: »
    I can see people are still having issues with the latest firmware so it goes back today. The Jan 2013 firmware that came with my £99 Samsung SMT7800 seems very nice. Yes, £99! So it knocks the Humax into a cocked hat at this price so the defective pricey one goes back.

I may consider buying one or similar once it's all been ironed out and they don't have their eye on the youview market. Oh and when it's a tad cheaper.

I'll keep my eye on this.

I don't know where you got the Samsung for £99. If you look for the Samsung on various forums you will see just how poor it is overall and the quality of support is appalling. Humax support is excellent in my opinion. I have a problem with my HDR-1000S and called Humax support. The call was answered in 10 seconds, it was quickly established that the unit is faulty and a replacement unit is on its way to me. Cannot ask for better than that! :)
    Forum Member
    Richer Sounds.

Don't believe all the hearsay - the Jan 2013 Samsung firmware looks fine.

It records! The picture is great and it integrates nicely with my Samsung TV and only one remote and UI which I'm already used to of course.

Did I mention it was £99

I'm sure the Humax will be up to scratch given time but at double/treble the price and the fact my broadband here makes freetime more like wasteoftime I have the right product for me.

Thanks for asking.
    Forum Member
    Am I just being incredibly lucky with my 1000s as no matter what I seem to do I cannot trip it up? I do sometimes wonder as is the way with Sky if these faults aren't caused by the box but by the dish setup? My dish has good line of sight, signal strength of 90% each feed with quality of 85% with quality cabling. I had local independents fit mine not Sky's cowboys.
    Forum Member
    Well, mine seemed okay until the firmware update in December. Either you haven't had the update or you really were Faust in a previous life.
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I just being incredibly lucky with my 1000s as no matter what I seem to do I cannot trip it up? I do sometimes wonder as is the way with Sky if these faults aren't caused by the box but by the dish setup? My dish has good line of sight, signal strength of 90% each feed with quality of 85% with quality cabling. I had local independents fit mine not Sky's cowboys.

Like you I could not believe how reliable mine was. I kept reading how many problems others were having. I felt really smug with my perfect box.......then last Thursday when I tried to play a recording it told that I had no recordings after which it refused to respond to the remote and would only start up by removing and reinserting the power cable.:eek:

I am now awaiting a replacement from Humax!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    Like you I could not believe how reliable mine was. I kept reading how many problems others were having. I felt really smug with my perfect box.......then last Thursday when I tried to play a recording it told that I had no recordings after which it refused to respond to the remote and would only start up by removing and reinserting the power cable.:eek:

I am now awaiting a replacement from Humax!:rolleyes:

An exercise I have been performing weekly on our "white" Pace Sky box for the last 4 years and on my Pace Sky+ HD box bi-weekly ever since the Darwin firmware release some 18 months ago. Pull the power lead, leave for around 10 minutes, plug back in leave for a further 5 minutes and job done. If similar happens with the Humax I will try same and see what happens. As it has a two year warranty I'm not that concerned TBH. If all else fails I still have my Panasonic DMR in the setup.
    Forum Member
    Well, mine seemed okay until the firmware update in December. Either you haven't had the update or you really were Faust in a previous life.

I've only had it a short while, it updated to I think the .16 version soon as I switched it on, then before I even used it I upgraded it again to the Beta release .22 version. Since start up it has worked without a hiccough, certainly more reliable (touchwood) then either of my Sky boxes.

I can only report what I find, if that changes, well I will have to deal with it.
    Forum Member

totally agree mine worked flawlessly out the box, until the firmare to .16 which is when the recording issue started, but since updating to .22 its been fine :D
    Forum Member
    argh, theres a first stupid box just restarted itself whilst watching itvplayer :(