Sigh, why do they insist on keeping Kim in eastenders?

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They must have it in their head that she is funny but she really ain't, she's just cringeworthy and her spin-off was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definately one for the axe list- dreadful character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible character . Right up there amongst Tamwar and Joey as prime candidates for the chop :(
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have it in their head that she is funny but she really ain't, she's just cringeworthy and her spin-off was the worst thing I have ever seen.

You're joking, Kim had a spin-off:eek: No, I know you're not but seriously she is just awful, the only "saving grace" is that her comedy acting is better than her dramatic acting:eek:
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly Kim is the only humerous character in EE these days.......it all seems to have been so drab and miserable recently......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I think she's hilarious
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kim, I wish they did more with her.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Kim as a character.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kim's hilarious.
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful character, should have got the axe ages ago!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, sorry, really like Kim Fox. Her relationship with Patrick and Denise is one of the few highlights for me.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kim, I wish they did more with her.

They can't thats the problem. She is a 1 dimensional character. They tried a serious storyline with her but it failed.
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,767
    Forum Member
    No way must she go, she really makes me chuckle. I love her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I liked her at first when she visited for Denise's wedding, and was happy when they brought her back, however, the "comedy" they give her is way too OTT & far fetched, the character has become unbelieveable, and the acting is awful.

That spin off was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Get rid & bring in a decent businesswoman/family to run the B&B
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    They can't thats the problem. She is a 1 dimensional character. They tried a serious storyline with her but it failed.

Oh come'on, that storyline ran over 2 episodes. That's hardly trying on the storyliners part.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I love her. I think she's great. She definitely needs something to get her teeth into.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the others as I find Kim quite funny and she gets on great with Denise & Patrick.

The problem is: the writers should give further scope on developing more plotlines whether it's funny or tragic (or a mixture of both) for Kim as she doesn't seem to feature a lot in EE lately.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, awful character, who's sole objective seems to be to eat up as many minutes on the show as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Oh come'on, that storyline ran over 2 episodes. That's hardly trying on the storyliners part.

Exactly.

I like Kim. She can be a little bit OTT at times...but there really isn't any character in EE that isn't OTT in one way or another...except maybe Tamwar. :)
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I think she is great! She is okay as a background character. A bit like Kirk in Corrie. She isn't doing any harm.
  • DrowsyDreamerDrowsyDreamer Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    There are a lot worse I can tell you that.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bloody stand her either.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I luv kim, she is so funny :D
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how Kim's comedy can be "far fetched". She gets drunk and makes a fool of herself? She fawns over a man and makes a fool of herself?

It's not like she is stalking George Michael and raiding the bins for yogurt lids that then became her lucky charm that she got shagged off an 18 year old boy and fell pregnant?

Heather was far fetched, they've not took Kim that far. If anything, that's the problem because they've been doing the same stuff with Kim for a long time. Tameka is more than capable as an actress she has shown in the few times they've let her play a different side to her character. In the wake of the B+B fire, her HIV scare, and even more recently supporting Billy against Tara. She just needs some decent writing to be a strong, unique character, but if they aren't going to bother then they should write her out.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall, didn't they try to make her possible rape and dumped in a dumpster storyline sombre but it ended up being hilarious?

I do agree with Chriss 2005, when she is not playing comedy she is brilliant and i am captivated by the acting, but the forced comedy is just dire
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Desire_ wrote: »
    I think she's hilarious

I agree I think she is very funny character and acting is great.