Emily is the dark horse!

adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I didnt think she was good enough but after tonight I thought her voice was absolutely amazing and she is the type of singer (pop) that Britain loves

Comments

• PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the best! I bloody love her!
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got to admit I was not expecting that at all
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Much better than I thought.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    She won't survive tonight.
  • JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Only act who can sing and move at the same time.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great live singer not a recording artist. IMO
  • EclecticGuyEclecticGuy Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I also loved her tonight after thinking Jazz should have had her place last week.

She really carried it and held the stage in a big song in a way that, for example, Georgia failed to tonight.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im in shock and people wonder why the voice will always be a failure they got rid of loads of amazing people this series
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Thought she was confusing 'ambition and drive' with plain arrogance, she wouldn't of won either way, Chris I'm not keen on either.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    She's great...a great Karaoke singer!
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a dark horse who's galloping back to Blackpool now :D
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Never liked her from the start. And she had that awful VERY irritating habit of tapping her fingers to the beat on her microphone. I HATE that. Get thee back to karaoke night in Blackpool lass and cut off that horrible 80s perm.
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    She's a dark horse who's galloping back to Blackpool now :D
    She'll be back.

None of her song choices were all that great but her youtube recordings are a class apart from the rest of this motley crew, though I do like Anna and Jessica's duet which has also made it onto my phone.

She's smart, determined and deserves success. Hopefully it'll come.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was terrible last night. She managed to lose everything good about Happy and turn it into an end of the pier holiday camp end of term production performance. Very reminiscent of Seaside Special circa 1979
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily was almost bound not to go through last night because she is a victim of her own self-confidence. It's a real shame, as she gave one of the strongest performances of the evening and has a lot more to give.

I've noticed on here that some are not warming to Emily. There have been a few horrible remarks about her appearance and manner and I have seen her called "a cocky little madam".
    All I will say is that the same person who called Emily that would probably have had the same attitude to Madonna.
    Strange how a confident woman brings that out in some people...

We haven't heard the last of Emily Adams.
    I do agree with the remark above that she may be a better live performer than a recording artist, but I think that can be put right with some good, individual songs.
    I hope Ricky continues to support her, as he did appear very impressed with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given she turned in the best performance of the night, she was more a victim of the format and its tropes. I agree that the ideal facade for the witless British public is a calculated assembly of visible nerves, inexperience and gratitude allied to the cultivation of the myth that one is not hungry for success but just happy to be there and profoundly indebted to ones mentors.

Emily's big mistakes were a) letting people see her ambition and determination, b) coming to pieces after Ricky selected her over Jazz c) not developing a glass face for worried moments and d) trying too hard be modern.

Last night was a marvellous night for a cliché and she should have done Annie Lennox or Chrissie Hinds or even Cabaret, Don't Cry for me Argentina or Candle in the Wind.

The show is a smaller thing now she's gone.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought she seemed really cocky. People always seem to level that criticism at confident women, but if men acted the same way Emily did I doubt they would get hate. I hate arrogance,and I didn't see it from Emily.

I bet after Christina said what she wanted in her performance there were people who thought it was arrogant. As a woman I just find it frustrating that women can't be confident without being insulted. Emily was great last night and it is a shame one from each team had to go she deserved to stay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am not female but I adore confident women and really enjoyed the assertiveness Emily and Christina showed with Ricky. They are both immensely talented self-starters who know what they want to do and are determined to get where they are going.

They can go to university in their 20's if the career doesn't work out. Anna strikes me as another with things well under control. Three class acts.

Use what you've got, get into the studios, girls, and start making music.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfa wrote: »
    Well I am not female but I adore confident women and really enjoyed the assertiveness Emily and Christina showed with Ricky. They are both immensely talented self-starters who know what they want to do and are determined to get where they are going.

They can go to university in their 20's if the career doesn't work out. Anna strikes me as another with things well under control. Three class acts.

Use what you've got
    , get into the studios, girls, and start making music.

I think she used everything she's bit last night tbh

I thought it was a bit too much .

She's very , very pretty ( reminds me of that actress who played Mrs Biggs ).
    Last night she had magnificent hair , lovely make-up job ...but has her boobs AND her legs on show . The old rule is boobs out and legs covered or the other way around ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Emily and wanted her to do well. She IS an amazing performer and she's going to get loads of job offers now, for sure. I could see her in the West End. I like her confidence, unlike Christine who pretends to be a nervous, shy little girl yet bosses all the musicians around, at least Emily is totally honest.

I'd go to watch her at a concert - she's got a huge talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    I'd go to watch her at a concert.
    In a year or three when she's the finished article. Whereas I can never see me paying to see any of the others, though I'll listen to Anna and Jermaine in the car.

The West End could use her now. She's already played Evita in a Youth Production and won an award for it.
  • Music Lover OneMusic Lover One Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed her performance of "Happy", she sang it and danced brilliantly . Shame she didn't get through :( I agree, she is a very talented girl.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    I absolutely love Emily and wanted her to do well. She IS an amazing performer and she's going to get loads of job offers now, for sure. I could see her in the West End. I like her confidence, unlike Christine who pretends to be a nervous, shy little girl yet bosses all the musicians around, at least Emily is totally honest.

I'd go to watch her at a concert - she's got a huge talent.
    BIB - How do you know this?
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well this dark horse race certainly didn't last long. Lee is the dark horse clearly. Beating the favorite with the overwhelming Northern Irish support and still being in the competition helps his case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    BIB - How do you know this?

Is 'BIB' me? I don't understand that term.

I know because Ricky said so and they showed her being it.

Look at her Saturday night, quite strong and confident and no sign of those weepy nerves. She won me over.