Is gary isolated from the group

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Watching it live here. Looks like no one can be bothered with him. Walking away as soon as he appears etc. Some people need to lighten up lol :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Looks like his isolation is pretty much complete, yep.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    He is obviously difficult to live with. He is ruining this CBB.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I felt a bit sorry for Gary just then when he walked away from the group. I don't think many of the others can really be bothered with him.
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh? There was literally about 20 seconds of the live feed with Gary sitting on his bed taking his shoes off where he wasn't conversing with anyone. Then, there was a moment in the garden where Dee was being a tit to him but they were still talking. She was called away and he was left there. But he came back inside and talked to George All the other moments. The hyperbole is sickening.
  • bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if he gets voted out .......He's going to live with you , Percy . :cool:
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah they probably think hes going to win and dont like it, such a nasty lot of people to treat a 70 yr old like that.BB should do something about it.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. I feel like the show is like 80% Gary, and most of the other 20% is people talking about Gary, it's just tedious. I wish people would realise that being 70 isn't an excuse to be rude (he can give as good as he gets at times). I also don't think he should win just because of the sympathy vote because some of the housemates are being horrible to him (which I don't agree with entirely to be fair), he isn't even slightly entertaining for me, just horribly awkward viewing. He is going to walk this though.

I know the editing isn't his fault, but Gary is actually one of the most unbearable CBB contestants I think, I know I am the minority here and will probably be shot down for this!
  • kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it's all the people who insist on treating him badly, isolating him, being cordial to his face and then talking behind his back that are making it difficult for Gary. People like James and Dee are 'ruining cbb'.
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, he isn't ruining this CBB. Have a look at some of the ignoramuses he's living with.
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Gary :(

I appreciate that it must be frustrating for them having to repeat things, but watching how the likes of James is so patronising and was telling him that how wonderful he had been to him and that he had to change because he had so many nominations is horrible.

Now Dee asking him why he rolls his eyes, ffs just look at the poor bloke it is obvious that he has physical challenges, so ignorant of her and so humiliating for him having to explain himself to the likes of her. >:(
  • bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? There was literally about 20 seconds of the live feed with Gary sitting on his bed taking his shoes off where he wasn't conversing with anyone. Then, there was a moment in the garden where Dee was being a tit to him but they were still talking. She was called away and he was left there. But he came back inside and talked to George All the other moments. The hyperbole is sickening.

That hyperbole is sickening although I think chickenpox is worse !
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. I feel like the show is like 80% Gary, and most of the other 20% is people talking about Gary, it's just tedious. I wish people would realise that being 70 isn't an excuse to be rude (he can give as good as he gets at times). I also don't think he should win just because of the sympathy vote because some of the housemates are being horrible to him (which I don't agree with entirely to be fair), he isn't even slightly entertaining for me, just horribly awkward viewing. He is going to walk this though.

I know the editing isn't his fault, but Gary is actually one of the most unbearable CBB contestants I think, I know I am the minority here and will probably be shot down for this!

Bang.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I think James has a lot of time for Gary and despite all the arguments the two of them actually really like and respect each other. The rest however have no time for him and I think it's hurting him, yet he doesn't want to admit it.

Old mans pride.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dare I say you are in the minority! This CBB does highlight how people react to someone with a disability & how they can be treated badly as a result of it. I don't think too many housemates have actually showered themselves in glory in the way that they have handled him being hard of hearing.

What they need to realize is that BB is not a normal environment so he may not face too many situations where several people are talking at once. When someone is talking & he joins the conversation he asks them what they said in order to join the conversation. Someone who has good hearing wouldn't do that because they would hear the remarks made & simply comment. I think a lot of them are not very sympathetic at all which makes them look pretty bad.

I'm not saying Gary is the easiest housemate to live with. Nor am I saying he is perfect & has no faults but the issue of his hearing is what BB seem to feature more on & that's what we as viewers can judge housemates on & to be honest more have sympathy for Kellie & her situation than Gary's hard of hearing which is pretty sad really IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    To be fair, he probably is rather difficult to live with. We're only seeing what they want us to see. Based on what we see, I feel that some of the housemates could be a bit more patient with him and a bit more sympathetic, but I feel that he's just as much to blame for this as they are. He seems to be unwilling to admit that he's ever wrong and I can see how that would irritate some people. Especially someone like James. He also seems to be quite 'spiritual' and I know that not everyone gets people like that. He's probably a nice guy, I just feel that many of the housemates just don't 'get' him and he doesn't really do himself any favours with them by being rude to them. Or at least what they believe is rudeness. He expects them to be polite with him, but he doesn't seem to treat them as he wishes to be treated. I think it's a little hypocritical.
    Anyway, I try to look at both sides before I judge people and I'm still on the fence about this whole thing. I think Gary is half to blame for his 'isolation' and the rest of the housemates are to blame for the other half. I think that they are going to have to work together to sort it out. It won't work unless both sides put in the effort to fix things. Well, that's what I believe anyway :)

Anyway, I hope that this all makes sense. I'm exhausted as I still haven't been to sleep yet :( It's been over 24 hours. Ugh. So tired. Also, I really hope that I didn't offend anyone with this post or anything. I'm really sorry if I have. Anyway, I'm off to bed now as I think I may pass out from exhaustion :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uk7 wrote: »
    I think James has a lot of time for Gary and despite all the arguments the two of them actually really like and respect each other. The rest however have no time for him and I think it's hurting him, yet he doesn't want to admit it.

Old mans pride.
    I wouldn't say that James likes him at all but I do think he respects him. Everyone highlights the way James talks to Gary as if he is patronising. But they gloss over the *fact* that James talks to everyone like that. He is condescending, sanctimonious tw*t. :kitty: Can't help himself. He does devote a fair amount of time to the guy and if attention is being paid, you will notice Gary seeking James and Gary trailing behind James so he obviously appreciates what he has to say.

What's that old age? The opposite of love is not hate but indifference? It may not mean much to some but James makes more of an effort than anyone except maybe Claire. (But we haven't seen enough of her.)
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk7 wrote: »
    Watching it live here. Looks like no one can be bothered with him. Walking away as soon as he appears etc. Some people need to lighten up lol :)

I think people are just making up things to make a post on here there are others housemates we get it Gary is next to god I think not the man is very spoilt rude insulting and has zero tolerance with the other hm,s
  • NichoNicho Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's the only thing of interest. It will be full of dull sheep without him.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say that James likes him at all but I do think he respects him. Everyone highlights the way James talks to Gary as if he is patronising. But they gloss over the *fact* that James talks to everyone like that. He is condescending, sanctimonious tw*t. :kitty: Can't help himself. He does devote a fair amount of time to the guy and if attention is being paid, you will notice Gary seeking James and Gary trailing behind James so he obviously appreciates what he has to say.

What's that old age? The opposite of love is not hate but indifference? It may not mean much to some but James makes more of an effort than anyone except maybe Claire. (But we haven't seen enough of her.)

Could it also be that James knows that Gary is the Hollywood star so in his eyes Gary is also going to be featured more by BB? James is one of about two or three who are desperate to win this series & is going out of his way to be featured any way he can!
  • JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    bingoes wrote: »
    Poor Gary :(

I appreciate that it must be frustrating for them having to repeat things, but watching how the likes of James is so patronising and was telling him that how wonderful he had been to him and that he had to change because he had so many nominations is horrible.

Now Dee asking him why he rolls his eyes, ffs just look at the poor bloke it is obvious that he has physical challenges, so ignorant of her and so humiliating for him having to explain himself to the likes of her. >:(

I am glad I missed fhat bit as it upsets me to watch it. But in fairness to the others they are possibly not aware oc all he has been through like many who comment on here. I would have thought it was obvious from the fact he is unable to close one eye properly that there is something not right. Even if you were not aware he has had a tumour removed and that may be causing the "eye rolls". But I think they cannot get past their dislike for him. I hope they will be mortified when they find out the extent of his disabilities but I am afraid they won't. Many on here keep mentioning his age only or just his hearing loss....there is way way more than that (if that wasn't enough)
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not for me or the majority of voters.....you don't treat a human being the way this rabble treats him
  • kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    I think people are just making up things to make a post on here there are others housemates we get it Gary is next to god I think not the man is very spoilt rude insulting and has zero tolerance with the other hm,s

Couldn't be further from the truth, seems as though it's easy to dismiss claims on how badly Gary is being treated and blame it on him when infact it's just a case of pack mentality and far too many sheep in there to think for themselves..
  • juliadesignsjuliadesigns Posts: 6,105
    Forum Member
    BumbleBean wrote: »
    To be fair, he probably is rather difficult to live with. We're only seeing what they want us to see. Based on what we see, I feel that some of the housemates could be a bit more patient with him and a bit more sympathetic, but I feel that he's just as much to blame for this as they are. He seems to be unwilling to admit that he's ever wrong and I can see how that would irritate some people. Especially someone like James. He also seems to be quite 'spiritual' and I know that not everyone gets people like that. He's probably a nice guy, I just feel that many of the housemates just don't 'get' him and he doesn't really do himself any favours with them by being rude to them. Or at least what they believe is rudeness. He expects them to be polite with him, but he doesn't seem to treat them as he wishes to be treated. I think it's a little hypocritical.
    Anyway, I try to look at both sides before I judge people and I'm still on the fence about this whole thing. I think Gary is half to blame for his 'isolation' and the rest of the housemates are to blame for the other half. I think that they are going to have to work together to sort it out. It won't work unless both sides put in the effort to fix things. Well, that's what I believe anyway :)

Anyway, I hope that this all makes sense. I'm exhausted as I still haven't been to sleep yet :( It's been over 24 hours. Ugh. So tired. Also, I really hope that I didn't offend anyone with this post or anything. I'm really sorry if I have. Anyway, I'm off to bed now as I think I may pass out from exhaustion :p

Good post - and sleep well x:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    Could it also be that James knows that Gary is the Hollywood star so in his eyes Gary is also going to be featured more by BB? James is one of about two or three who are desperate to win this series & is going out of his way to be featured any way he can!
    James has a "cheeky finger" in everything. He is very clued and I notice he manages to supply commentary on just about everything going on in the house, so for sure James is trying to snatch as much screen time possible. However, I noticed a change in his approach to Gary after BB gave him that ultimatum about Gary potentially being isolated. I've since noticed more patience being exercised from him (when Gary is present) and a slightly (ever so) more genteel approach so I don't think that was James's originally idea.

However, after watching the live feed and seeing James praise himself and his greatness and list all the things he has done for Gary, I think James motives will change with the confirmation of Gary's popularity. He has now appointed himself a sort of "guide" or caretaker for Gary and will try to win the public's esteem that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »

Or maybe you're just not watching the live feed, because if you are then I despair for you.