Google Maps on Samsung Wave

ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Greetings.

I'm with Virgin Mobile and have had the Wave since July. I've used the Google maps function successfully via the in-built widget loads of time. However, suddenly was lost in the West End last night (kinda drunk...) and the phone responded with 'maps not available on your mobile'. Puzzled!

Scouting around the forums, mention of maps not being on the Wave (BADA OS), but this HAS been available on my phone. Even my sister-in-law has the maps...as of last night she did. Has this been disabled, or gradually being withdrawn?

The Samsung's own GPS (LBS) doesn't work, so seems this phone cannot be used as a sat-nav / location device. Great...

Calling on other UK Wave owners - is this still there for you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    still working on mine and i'm also on virgin mobile
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding madcat73.

I'm on Bada 1.0, so don't know if this makes any difference. Like I said, and as you've confirmed, it does / has worked, but now appears more by chance / fault if anything. Various sites confirm that Google maps are NOT available on the BADA OS / Wave phone. Just confirms my ongoing beliefs that despite construction / screen etc, this is a dud phone. The BBCiPlayer app, which once worked, has also stopped working via the widget (YouTube ok still). I've not upgraded the firmware (Kies - piece of crap!) so I've not done anything intentional to the phone. At a loss to explain.

Can probably live without, but maps has and is, a useful function when travelling on business etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks.