Sky Sports Cricket Coverage 2015

Comments

• BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    So will Sky be using both Punter and Warne then ?

That would mean Gower, Beefy, Bumble, Athers, Mikey, Nas and the two Aussies. 8 in total. I know they have covered matches with 8 before ( in fact I think 9 in some cases last season ). I wonder how far Sky are away from the 3 men in a box scenario that some counties like to do.

8 been the normal number for the main Summer series.
    they used 9 last year for the India series but was technically 8 considering Ganguly/Dravid counted as one since they never appeared together and both players did 2 shift a day.
    Sky only used 2 indian commentators last year since Star couldn't release them for more shift since they needed them for the English Star feed/Hindi feed, Dravid BBC Work and when Sky wanted them.
    I think Dravid probably commentated for 2 hour in some cases last year.:o

Ricky ponting is pretty much a straight swap for Strauss.
    Although if Sky were to limit the number they would just have a permanent 3rd man like they did before but that person won't commentate on their 3rd man day like they did in the past.
    Forum Member
    With the Pakistan and South Africa tours coming after, I guess Bumble as an example would maybe need a test off

Can't see anyone missing the test but the ODI commentators usually miss one or two games.

Anyway Shane warne not even commentating on the First test I believe he playing poker lol.

Edit wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason why Sky brought Ponting considering Warne never does a full ashes series or any series for the matter and they didn't want the coverage to be accused of bias when Warne is missing, I gave them some stick before for too much englishness but in recent years they been fixing that and actually been placing very good pairings and picking good overseas comms and having 3 non English comms in most test matches.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the commentators who morealess cover the whole lot, including the county stuff.

Athers, Nasser and Bumble have a test off
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    8 been the normal number for the main Summer series.
    they used 9 last year for the India series but was technically 8 considering Ganguly/Dravid counted as one since they never appeared together and both players did 2 shift a day.
    Sky only used 2 indian commentators last year since Star couldn't release them for more shift since they needed them for the English Star feed/Hindi feed, Dravid BBC Work and when Sky wanted them.
    I think Dravid probably commentated for 2 hour in some cases last year.:o

Ricky ponting is pretty much a straight swap for Strauss.
    Although if Sky were to limit the number they would just have a permanent 3rd man like they did before but that person won't commentate on their 3rd man day like they did in the past.

Surely Pointing is a straight swap for the overseas commentator, not Strauss
    Forum Member
    They swap 3rd man each session now.
    So 9 works. 1 3rd Man, then 2 doing half hour each.

Are Channel 9 doing the series, if so Warne will be shared with them, also has his poker tournament taken place yet?

9 don't send anyone to the cricket and Fox don't either.
    Only Star and Sky do for overseas games and Charles sale is reporting that Sky will also stop doing it in future since all broadcasters and home boards barring Channel 9 are happy to share commentators and Cost etc and sky don't see the point of wasting money when the host feed can have the english commentators anyway and Sky have to cut budget to fund the premier league.
    The separate comms for the sri lanka series was such a waste since only Roshan Abeysinghe and Dominic cork were not being used by Sky the rest were working for the World Feed.
    Forum Member
    Surely Pointing is a straight swap for the overseas commentator, not Strauss
    Yeah you right got confused since Sky only officially announced Ponting when Strauss left.
    Even though it was rumered and gossiped long before that, I think even Bumble mentioned it 4-5 months before Sky announced it

Strauss will probably not be replaced considering he was extra in 2013 and 14.
    Forum Member
    One thing I hate about Sky recent coverage is the Sky Ashes centre, why is it only included for the Ashes and not for the other series.
    Really enjoyed it down under since I can watch the full Sky coverage as live from the tablet would be useful to watch the full coverage without recording it on the sky box.

In 2013 they kept all the new stuffs brought in for the 2014 summer apart from the ashes centre would be nice if they did the same thing with the Ashes centre next year.
    Forum Member
    Wow it seems like Channel 9 will actually send their own team to england.
    http://www.cricket.com.au/news/channel-nine-network-announce-live-full-free-broadcast-coverage-ashes-england-australia-tour-gem/2015-06-29
    first time nine covering ashes series in England since 1997.
    Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Michael Vaughan and David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd
    lol feel sorry for the Aussies listening to that crap while everyone gets the sky feed, suspect lots of angry people in the Aussies forum this summer.
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Theve sent a small team over (and I guess may use a couple of Sky/English comms as well) but the coverage will be on the Gem channel not Channel 9. There will also be no simulcast on Fox nor are there any highlights which seems odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.cricket.com.au/news/channel-nine-network-announce-live-full-free-broadcast-coverage-ashes-england-australia-tour-gem/2015-06-29
    first time nine covering ashes series in England since 1997.
    Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Michael Vaughan and David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd
    lol feel sorry for the Aussies listening to that crap while everyone gets the sky feed, suspect lots of angry people in the Aussies forum this summer.

I wouldn't call that line up crap.

No Warne on Sky I don't think.
    Forum Member
    Botham really needs to do some research.
    Australia are not number 1 in the world.
    couple of time he said this in recent times.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call that line up crap.

No Warne on Sky I don't think.

Warne not commentating on the first test he not even in the country yet.
  • Neil_HarrisNeil_Harris Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOSG wrote: »
    Theve sent a small team over (and I guess may use a couple of Sky/English comms as well) but the coverage will be on the Gem channel not Channel 9. There will also be no simulcast on Fox nor are there any highlights which seems odd.

Yeah, they broadcast it on GEM in 2013 but used Sky's feed. Obviously taken more interest now favourites.
    Cricket fans prefer GEM as its automatically in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at Gower then, when he said the weather is looking fair, while at the same time, you could see the sky was getting darker, and the pitch cover was being moved over
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not Skys fault.

But why couldnt all this pompus shit happen yesterday, what is going on at the moment seems something close to a Opening Ceremony of a 6 week football tournament.

The players dont need it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not Skys fault.

But why couldnt all this pompus shit happen yesterday, what is going on at the moment seems something close to a Opening Ceremony of a 6 week football tournament.

The players dont need it

Ridiculous wasn't it.
    Forum Member
    Surprised cardiff doesn't have enough space for Channel 9 to work close to the Sky box.
    god knows how they had the space last year against india or the ICC champions trophy in 2013.
  • spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Has Ponting dyed his hair? Not even the hint of a grey hair, looks unnatural, reminds me of Macca.
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spearce8 wrote: »
    Has Ponting dyed his hair? Not even the hint of a grey hair, looks unnatural, reminds me of Macca.

It's dyed, and it's an Advanced Hair Studio job as well. Although that is a touchy subject by the sounds of it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressed with Ponting. He's fit in well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressed with Ponting. He's fit in well

Yes, very good. Hopefully Warne will listen to his skipper and learn
  • mavreelamavreela Posts: 4,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at the moment seems something close to a Opening Ceremony of a 6 week football tournament.

Although they are not so dissimilar in some ways.

The FIFA World Cup has around 125 hours of play (excluding extra time and penalties) on 25 days spread over 32 days.

The Ashes has a scheduled 175 hours of play (excluding extra time for slow over rates) on 25 days spread over 47 days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity we don't have the event centre as a pernament fixture.

Watch the whole day's play using it, I thought you could view the action from 17 angles but couldn't find where
    Forum Member
    Pity we don't have the event centre as a pernament fixture.

Watch the whole day's play using it, I thought you could view the action from 17 angles but couldn't find where

yeah the event centre is so useful should be a permanent addition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the event centre is so useful should be a permanent addition.

It can't cost that much, pity nobody told Nasser what it was called