Options

Man Stole Deer, Slit Its Throat Then Bragged On Facebook

BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
Forum Member
✭✭✭
9th September 2015

Sick and evil.

Please discuss.

A KENLEY dad has been spared jail after stealing a deer from a field and then brutally killing it by slitting its throat.

The man transported the animal alive and injured to his home in Wattendon Road.

A member of the public called police to report that she had seen a man loading an injured deer into a vehicle.

On the same day he posted an update on Facebook, where he boasted about how he had killed a deer and that it had "made a good meal for ten".

The judge sentenced him to four months imprisonment for causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal and three months for taking without the consent of the owner, to run concurrently.

These sentences were suspended for two years.

He added: "We have given the maximum prison sentence available to this court.

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Kenley-man-escapes-jail-stealing-deer-cutting/story-27756978-detail/story.html#ixzz3lGjduV1N

Comments

• Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scum.>:(
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh deer. :(
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish everyone who tortured wildlife got "the maximum prison sentence" but some people are allowed to do it, and some aren't.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet I noted Halal meat when I did my shopping at Tesco, someone want to explain the difference, is there a good way and a bad way to cut an animal's throat. :confused:

I'm an almost veggie by the way, can't remember the word for it, sounds like a religious thing. And no this isn't an anti-Muslim thing, I just find it cruel.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    he should have had sex with it instead, that`s hilarious apparently.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicious scumbag. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Yet I noted Halal meat when I did my shopping at Tesco, someone want to explain the difference, is there a good way and a bad way to cut an animal's throat. :confused:

I'm an almost veggie by the way, can't remember the word for it, sounds like a religious thing. And no this isn't an anti-Muslim thing, I just find it cruel.

Most halal meat comes from animals stunned before slaughter but to me it doesn't matter. There is no humane way to kill a terrified animal that does not want to be killed. When I was at school I saw a graphic video intended to teach us about where our food comes from and stunning an animal with a bolt gun before hacking at it and hanging it's still twitching body up to bleed out didn't make it humane. Abuse and torture in UK slaughterhouses and factory farms is widespread but only the word "Halal" seems to get people up in arms for some reason.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    Most halal meat comes from animals stunned before slaughter but to me it doesn't matter. There is no humane way to kill a terrified animal that does not want to be killed. When I was at school I saw a graphic video intended to teach us about where our food comes from and stunning an animal with a bolt gun before hacking at it and hanging it's still twitching body up to bleed out didn't make it humane. Abuse and torture in UK slaughterhouses and factory farms is widespread but only the word "Halal" seems to get people up in arms for some reason.

I thought they didn't stun the animals first, still horrible.

I gave up everything but chicken and fish decades ago, couldn't of managed it otherwise, it's a lot easier now though the vegetarian section is much bigger, hardly eat any.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a vegetarian and it does wind me up when the same people who call me a 'hypocrite' for whatever reason are usually the same people who cry foul over Halal meat yet happily tuck into a cow slaughtered 'humanely'
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stun guns can smash up most of the brain, if they are set to penetrate........I personally wouldn't think that was humane if it were done to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian and it does wind me up when the same people who call me a 'hypocrite' for whatever reason are usually the same people who cry foul over Halal meat yet happily tuck into a cow slaughtered 'humanely'

It's a little bit like people who suddenly care about gay rights and women's rights when a certain religion is involved.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can any meat eaters be offended?
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    How can any meat eaters be offended?

The prolonged "unnecessary suffering". If you're killing an animal for food or clothing at least make it clean and quick.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    The prolonged "unnecessary suffering". If you're killing an animal for food or clothing at least make it clean and quick.

You can't be sure all farm animals deaths are "clean and quick"
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    You can't be sure all farm animals deaths are "clean and quick"

I see this is going to go the same as every other thread about animal cruelty. Nope you can't. Yes meat eaters are all outrageous hypocrites. If they've ever squished a spider or worn leather shoes they've no right to complain about animal cruelty. And so and so forth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    I see this is going to go the same as every other thread about animal cruelty. Nope you can't. Yes meat eaters are all outrageous hypocrites. If they've ever squished a spider or worn leather shoes they've no right to complain about animal cruelty. And so and so forth.

it's more the trip, week in week out, to the supermarket to buy meat.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He added: "We have given the maximum prison sentence available to this court.

"If more was available we would be considering more, this is a horrendous crime.

BUT HE SUSPENDED THE SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

It's a "horrendous crime" and the maximum sentence of four months imprisonment was handed down... but then they suspended the sentence so the culprit will likely NEVER serve that maximum sentence! >:(>:(>:(

Honestly, what goddamn planet do our judiciary live on?! They're out of their bloody minds!

We surely have the most pathetic justice system on the planet. It's beyond comprehension how many criminals never see the inside of a prison cell (and therefore effectively receive no punishment) for all manner of crimes, and despite being bang to rights.
    "We hope that the conviction will act as a deterrent to those that might carry out this sort of wildlife crime.

What deterrent? He's not been imprisoned. He's paying a measly fine and doing a few weeks' community service.

What an absolute joke!
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    stun guns can smash up most of the brain, if they are set to penetrate........I personally wouldn't think that was humane if it were done to me.

I know what you are meaning to say, but if it were done to you, your brain would be in no condition to think whether it was humane or not. :)
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should have had sex with it instead, that`s hilarious apparently.

How do you know he didn't?;-)
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I thought they didn't stun the animals first, still horrible.

No, that's Kosher, but of course we don't talk about that.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Can't get too upset about this. A clean quick kill would have been more preferable, but the animal was ultimately used for meat and eaten, so...

(And venison is lovely)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good meal for ten? Greedy buggers.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Can't get too upset about this. A clean quick kill would have been more preferable, but the animal was ultimately used for meat and eaten, so...

(And venison is lovely)
    So someone can just turn up and steal your pet dog, kill it and then eat it and you wouldn't mind?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    So someone can just turn up and steal your pet dog, kill it and then eat it and you wouldn't mind?

I don't have a dog :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debrajoan wrote: »
    I know what you are meaning to say, but if it were done to you, your brain would be in no condition to think whether it was humane or not. :)

so my brains would be all smashed up; well apart from the lower functions.

I guess if I were in some kind of humane queue, then I might think it was a little cruel to see the man/woman ahead of me have their brains smashed up.