Options

Prometheus - Ridley Scotts Alien Prequel

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this is good.

The Alien universe is ripe for further films, let's just hope it's not anything like Resurrection.

I think Ridley is a great director but he's not shy of making some pretty sub-standard films.

I also really hope they're allowed to make this an 18, a proper grown up Sci-fi film. I won't be holding my breath with that though.
    Resurrection was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and even Joss Whedon who wrote the script was unhappy and said 'They did everything wrong.' The ending was changed as well. To think that Danny Boyle, Peter Jackson and Bryan Singer were all in turn approached to direct the film originally.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I'm a bit apprehensive about this, i aint comfortable about all the mixed messages we are getting about it being a prequel/not a prequel.
    It's a prequel in the sense that it's set in the same universe, before the original Alien film, but it is not a direct part of the franchise. That is to say if you're looking for another film focused on these creatures then this is not going to be for you. They are not the main focus of the story at all.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Very much liking the moody first poster:

http://www.impawards.com/2012/prometheus.html

We should've had a trailer by now, but given the sheer number of trailers dropping recently a bit more time won't do it any harm, I imagine.
  • Options
    thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we get a 2001-esque storyline. From that tagline I think we might.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    ^ sounds possible.

Always found Sir Ridley a very hit and miss director, but then I always thought his cool, mannered approach was best suited to science fiction. Good to see him back at it.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the bad quality version of the trailer and even it looks very promising. I remember reading somewhere though that there are possibly 3 Prometheus movies planned, but maybe the third one is going to be the one that ends with something that ties directly into the beginning of Alien?

Either way, this is one of 2 films I shall definitely be seeing in the cinemas in 2012. The other being The Dark Knight Rises.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    That was one thing that confused me about the alternate cut of Alien 3, if it came out of an Ox, why wasn't it slow and cumbersome?

Based on a Minotaur I suppose.
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was one thing that confused me about the alternate cut of Alien 3, if it came out of an Ox, why wasn't it slow and cumbersome?

Whilst I do like the extended edition of the movie - it fills in a lot of gaps. I still prefer the dog burster explanation - it just fits better with the look and behaviour of the Alien.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Very much liking the moody first poster:

http://www.impawards.com/2012/prometheus.html

We should've had a trailer by now, but given the sheer number of trailers dropping recently a bit more time won't do it any harm, I imagine.

I likey too, also like the supposed plot if it's true!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    And no Xenomorphs in this film, had enough of them, so good choice.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was already confirmed that Xenomorphs had been seen on the set along with an egg and a Weyland-Yutani logo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Ridley Scott himself confirmed there are none.
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read that it's the earliest form of the xenomorphs, but clearly won't resemble what we know, given that they take on their host characteristics

I guess that michael fassbender quote was solely refering to the space jockey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whens it out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next June
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    next June

Ages...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know

ahead of tommorrow official trailer release, cam version of leaked trailer has turned up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BrCia8gvHc

you can see the emerging space jockey at 0.42 and the boomerang derelict ship( from Alien) in a few shots throughout the trailer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww, fail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ??

what, fail
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    I know

ahead of tommorrow official trailer release, cam version of leaked trailer has turned up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BrCia8gvHc

you can see the emerging space jockey at 0.42 and the boomerang derelict ship( from Alien) in a few shots throughout the trailer

Taken down.
    This video contains content from FOX, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in HD tomorrow :D
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thankyou!! Gr8 to see the alien derelict in quite afew shots...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me too