Sam Callahan - a superstar in the making?

Comments

• kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the OP Mr Blonde?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    Strange presence? It's just the fake tan, don't worry...

... unless you meant stage presence, then I agree.

LOL! Have you see his tweet with the orange?

https://twitter.com/samcallahan94/status/390064563548200961/photo/1

:D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i like his attitude as a wannabe popstar... seems level-headed and knows his own strengths and weaknesses and plays on his strengths...

This is also my first impression of him. He seems too self-aware to gain plenty of favours from the producers, though.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Is the OP Mr Blonde?

That crossed my mind as well. God, I miss Mr Blonde. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    The lad can't sing for toffee.
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Agree with the OP.

Yes, his voice is weak but he's very good-looking and has got confidence / charisma which is what matters in the industry!!

I honestly think he's the the next Olly Murs!!
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    He's got a strong stage presence and charisma that ought to give him some kind of future in pop culture, but I doubt it'll be as a solo singer. His voice is just so poor, and he's going to be hit on that over and over.

I disagree I don't think he has natural stage presence, the performance the other night was well choreographed to make him look like a natural performer and he still looked awkward.
    No, baby, no ............................
    :D:D
    Peter E wrote: »
    Agree with the OP.

Yes, his voice is weak but he's very good-looking and has got confidence / charisma which is what matters in the industry!!

I honestly think he's the the next Olly Murs!!
    I don't think he is the next olly, olly for me was very entertaining and charismatic and a natural performer but I don't think Sam is any of those things and Olly's voice was better (that is saying something as even as a fan of Olly's i Know his voice isn't great.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought this was a joke thread.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i like his attitude as a wannabe popstar... seems level-headed and knows his own strengths and weaknesses and plays on his strengths...

As well as his deliciously hot body and pretty face. Yum. :o
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes a good looking lad - no doubt about it.

But....

he cant sing very well - he won`t make the top 5 even.
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    I also thought this was a joke thread.

How is lauding his talent a "joke"?
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is lauding his talent a "joke"?

The suggestion that he's talented is risible. The only impressive thing about him is his low body fat, and personally I prefer a little more cushion for the pushin'. ;)

His history tells volumes. Went to stage school where he slagged off x-factor. Decided he didn't want to be on stage so slagged of musicals and joined a band. Realised he couldn't make it in the band so slagged them off and went on x-factor. His only achievement appears to be reaching the finals of a music festival which his dad helped organise. Vocally he's a non-entity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The suggestion that he's talented is risible. The only impressive thing about him is his low body fat, and personally I prefer a little more cushion for the pushin'. ;)

His history tells volumes. Went to stage school where he slagged off x-factor. Decided he didn't want to be on stage so slagged of musicals and joined a band. Realised he couldn't make it in the band so slagged them off and went on x-factor. His only achievement appears to be reaching the finals of a music festival which his dad helped organise. Vocally he's a non-entity.

How did you find all of this? I obviously don't take too much notice of the contestants until the Live shows. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did you find all of this? I obviously don't take too much notice of the contestants until the Live shows. :eek:

It's all been posted on here with links to the various articles and interviews. :)
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a vicious attack. And all lies based on rumour. It's such a shame people feel the need to destory hard-working people based on nothing. Shame on you.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol!

Great post :D:D:D
    This is a vicious attack. And all lies based on rumour. It's such a shame people feel the need to destory hard-working people based on nothing. Shame on you.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Is he the Simon Fuller plant? Dont get Fullers love for puppets. He cant sing very well.

Simon Fuller has nothing to do with X Factor.

Oh and it's refreshing to come across an Olly Murs fans who admits his voice isn't great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    Simon Fuller has nothing to do with X Factor.

Oh and it's refreshing to come across an Olly Murs fans who admits his voice isn't great.

I don't hate Sam C (I mean, it's a TV show;no one's worth hating, and he seems nice), but why is The X-Factor getting Fuller's sloppy seconds? Aren't they having enough of that on FOX in the US?
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate Sam C (I mean, it's a TV show;no one's worth hating, and he seems nice), but why is The X-Factor getting Fuller's sloppy seconds? Aren't they having enough of that on FOX in the US?

I repeat what has Simon Fuller got to do with X Factor?
  • Pete WatermelonPete Watermelon Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    This is one of the funniest threads ever, people actually believing that this sorry excuse of a contestant is a "superstar in the making".

It helps if you've got some sort of vocal. He doesn't. Not even likable and comes across as very annoying, like he did in Saturday's show.
    Forum Member

You've completely taken all of that out of context. :rolleyes:

He didn't slag off musical theatre, he said it wasn't for him. Golf isn't for me, doesn't mean I'm slagging it off or judging anybody who loves to play golf. It just isn't my bag.
    He also didn't slag off his band. He left after the band failed to garner any interest in the three years he was in it. He's still friends with them as far as I can see, as they tweet him/see him regularly. He also spoke very highly of Geri Halliwell, his ex manager, in a recent interview and said he had some very worthwhile experiences whilst being in the band.
    Re. slagging off XFactor... I think most people interested in a career in music would like to think they can do it without XF. It's true that it isn't seen as the most credible route, which is what he said. He also admits he was wrong to say it and that he lashed out when he watched his friends in District3 being thrown under the proverbial XF bus last year. Let's be honest, we've got a whole host of supposed criminals and questionable characters in there this year... slagging the XFactor off is hardly crime of the century. XF clearly aren't bothered about it so I really think it's dead and buried now.
    I don't know anything about the music festival, so can't comment.

As far as I can see though, the kid must have something that people in the industry like...
    He was picked for Sylvia Young's which children have to go through rounds and rounds of auditions to get into.
    He was in a Andrew Lloyd Webber's sound of music when he was younger. (And those two things weren't down to his six pack because he was only a child when he achieved both of those accolades.)
    He got picked by Geri Halliwell and Simon Fuller to be in a band. His current manager was the founder of McFly, Busted and Lawson.
    He turned down four scholarships to some of the top performing arts colleges in the country to be in Fuller/Halliwell's band.
    And now he's made it to XFactor's live shows. And if what people have said on here is true, he was actually asked to audition...

And that can't all be down to his looks as there are lot of good/better looking young lads out there who would kill to be in the position he is in now...

All of that is not just coincidence and luck. He must have something, whether the nay-sayers choose to believe this or not.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    He turned down four scholarships to some of the top performing arts colleges in the country to be in Fuller/Halliwell's band.

Then, if nothing else, he's guilty of bad decision-making :o
    Forum Member
    Then, if nothing else, he's guilty of bad decision-making :o

:eek: Not really. If a young boy who wants a career in the music industry gets the chance to get signed by Simon Fuller, you don't turn that down.

And if he had, people would be calling him arrogant for turning down one of the biggest names in the industry. :rolleyes: Kid can't do right for doing wrong. He's an easy target for the haters because of the way he looks and because he's confident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    You've completely taken all of that out of context. :rolleyes:

He didn't slag off musical theatre, he said it wasn't for him. Golf isn't for me, doesn't mean I'm slagging it off or judging anybody who loves to play golf. It just isn't my bag.
    He also didn't slag off his band. He left after the band failed to garner any interest in the three years he was in it. He's still friends with them as far as I can see, as they tweet him/see him regularly. He also spoke very highly of Geri Halliwell, his ex manager, in a recent interview and said he had some very worthwhile experiences whilst being in the band.
    Re. slagging off XFactor... I think most people interested in a career in music would like to think they can do it without XF. It's true that it isn't seen as the most credible route, which is what he said. He also admits he was wrong to say it and that he lashed out when he watched his friends in District3 being thrown under the proverbial XF bus last year. Let's be honest, we've got a whole host of supposed criminals and questionable characters in there this year... slagging the XFactor off is hardly crime of the century. XF clearly aren't bothered about it so I really think it's dead and buried now.
    I don't know anything about the music festival, so can't comment.

As far as I can see though, the kid must have something that people in the industry like...
    He was picked for Sylvia Young's which children have to go through rounds and rounds of auditions to get into.
    He was in a Andrew Lloyd Webber's sound of music when he was younger. (And those two things weren't down to his six pack because he was only a child when he achieved both of those accolades.)
    He got picked by Geri Halliwell and Simon Fuller to be in a band. His current manager was the founder of McFly, Busted and Lawson.
    And now he's made it to XFactor's live shows. And if what people have said on here is true, he was actually asked to audition...

And that can't all be down to his looks as there are lot of good/better looking young lads out there who would kill to be in the position he is in now...

All of that is not just coincidence and luck. He must have something, whether the nay-sayers choose to believe this or not.

It doesn't matter how many words you write. He still can't sing. He'll never make it because HE CAN'T SING. And he's sacrificed integrity by appearing on a show he said has no credibility. If he had any belief in himself he'd make the music he wants to make and go wherever it took him but he doesn't. He'll sell his soul to anyone who will offer him fame and riches. Sadly for him even that won't work because HE CAN'T SING.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many words you write. He still can't sing. He'll never make it because HE CAN'T SING. And he's sacrificed integrity by appearing on a show he said has no credibility. If he had any belief in himself he'd make the music he wants to make and go wherever it took him but he doesn't. He'll sell his soul to anyone who will offer him fame and riches. Sadly for him even that won't work because HE CAN'T SING.

"TL;DR" would have been a more appropriate response. Now you just sound like a hater. ;)