Options

Blackpool

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
Forum Member
Does anyone think this will be used in an ep of the next series seen as Claras not leaving as yet, I know it's been mentioned in a couple of past episodes so it wouldn't seem out of place

Comments

• Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackpool always makes me think of Zygons....;-)
  • Options
    ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackpool. The sixth Doctor was going to take Peri there before Michael Grade stopped it being televised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I can't get the image of cybermen on the big 1, but that's my strange imagination.
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the zygon thing about blackpool too. When my mum and dad took me on holiday back in the 70s I was always worried about them. I was also worried about the skarasen coming out of the sea.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    64wildcat wrote: »
    I can't get the image of cybermen on the big 1

Not when you get on and are strapped into it to oppress all movement. But then it pulls out, gains speed and that "innocent passenger" sitting next to you suddenly turns and changes into a Zygon right in front of you.

Naturally, you scream. But your sound is lost in the sea of screams from everyone else on the ride. It's flying around so quickly and so high up in the air that no one can see what's actually going on. All they know is that when the trail pulls back into the station and everyone else gets off again, you're not there.

I'd love fun fares to have cybermen inside the ghost rains. They could even stop the train half way through and have a fake passenger get dragged out of their chair by cybermen, who would proclaim they'd now be converted. Then the train regains power and escapes as the cybermen are all reaching out to the rest of the (real) passengers.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    64wildcat wrote: »
    Does anyone think this will be used in an ep of the next series seen as Claras not leaving as yet, I know it's been mentioned in a couple of past episodes so it wouldn't seem out of place

We have no idea when Clara is leaving. At the moment it's just as likely that the Christmas episode will be her last as it is that she will stay on a bit longer. Nothing is confirmed at the moment. Personally I hope christmas is the last time we have to put up with her. I want to be able to say I like the companion once more, and that will only be a possibility once she is replaced.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I want a seaside story! Maybe involving the Sea Devils!

If Blackpool fits the bill, sure. Clara, Sea-Devil seaside episode...nothing I don't like the sound of there :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the zygon thing about blackpool too. When my mum and dad took me on holiday back in the 70s I was always worried about them. I was also worried about the skarasen coming out of the sea.

I was thinking more about Auntie Pat. Not my Auntie Pat (I haven't got one) - Lucie's Auntie Pat.

Which probably makes no sense at all to many people. But it does make sense if you know what I'm talking about. I hope.
  • Options
    RozesRozes Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    A monster made of Blackpool rock! Hang on didn't they do that before in the Happiness Patrol? ☺
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Well they could go to Blackpool, would still look like Cardiff though.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    What's so special about Blackpool? What's wrong with Rhyl ? It's in Wales - they could CGI the tower and the lights. Think of the budget!! :p
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sea devils are more the lonely caravan park at ocean edge near morecambe which my uncle used to have. I was scared stiff of them coming out of the sea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking more about Auntie Pat. Not my Auntie Pat (I haven't got one) - Lucie's Auntie Pat.

Which probably makes no sense at all to many people. But it does make sense if you know what I'm talking about. I hope.

Lol yep I too thought it was a zygon thing. Love auntie Pat
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sea devils are more the lonely caravan park at ocean edge near morecambe which my uncle used to have. I was scared stiff of them coming out of the sea.

I've often thought that a story set in a community crumbling into the sea would make great DW, and Benny's post has captured that image perfectly. It might even be enough to get me watching DW again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    They could have the Daleks wanting to take over Blackpool tower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have the Daleks wanting to take over Blackpool tower.

Yes! It's the 1890s and the Daleks are taking over the tower as a first stage of taking over the world. They're building it from dalekanium and turning the workforce into pigs. But one dalek yearns to become human!

Meanwhile in the Winter gardens one of the chorus girls dreams of her boyfriend, who has disappeared but still leaves her roses.

No. It would absolutely definitely never ever work.