Options

Problem transfering WAV 32bit rate to Sony Ericsson 630 ?

zmikeozmikeo Posts: 2,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't know why but the phone won't recognise WAV 32 bit rate?
I was trying to transfer some sounds that I had downloaded, but they won't work on phone. I know that I will have to encode them, anyone know the best way?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I downloaded some Simpson sounds from Clayloomis , most of them work on windows media player. But when I transfer them to my phone it says "Cannot play this sound".
    They show up as WAV format and at 32 bit rate.
    Help anyone :confused:

I would of put this in the Computer section, but I though it was more of a phone issue.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    You have the answer, your phone can't play this type of file. As you say, you need to re-encode them in a format your phone understands. There will be a list of supported formats in the manual.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are actually mp3s at 32kb/s. Quite why they are saved with a .wav and not the more usual .mp3 file extension is unclear.

If the phone can play mp3 files then maybe it is getting confused by the file extension. Try renaming one of the files changing the .wav into .mp3 and see if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    DNZ711DNZ711 Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your phone a SOny Ericsson 'T' 630 or a 'V' 630. The latter can play .wav/.mp3, but the T630 can only recognise .mid files.

You will need a mp3 to mid converter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DNZ711 wrote: »
    Is your phone a SOny Ericsson 'T' 630 or a 'V' 630. The latter can play .wav/.mp3, but the T630 can only recognise .mid files.

You will need a mp3 to mid converter.

Sorry it is the W610I ( i need them to write the model on the case )
  • Options
    DNZ711DNZ711 Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh ok then, in that case I dont know.

I have the W800i and simply drag and drop my audio files using windows explorer via the USB cable into the relevant file on the Memory Card.