Options

Coach Trip

Comments

• Options
    merlinbusmerlinbus Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Looks like Hello Campers is the replacement show for Coach Trip.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    merlinbus wrote: »
    Looks like Hello Campers is the replacement show for Coach Trip.

Not a patch on Coach Trip :D
  • Options
    lfipblfipb Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last coach trip was pretty dull so probably best it gets a rest.
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember Lynne from Series seven? In episode 8 she gave me the best fifteen seconds of my life.

Well Tiddly Boo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember Lynne from Series seven? In episode 8 she gave me the best fifteen seconds of my life.

Well Tiddly Boo

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not coming back this year according to the official Twitter account.
  • Options
    johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member

Well Tiddly Boo

Wasn't she the preacher who had an annoying laugh and kept needing the toilet?
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Some positive noises about the possibility of a new series on the official twitter. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    Some positive noises about the possibility of a new series on the official twitter. :)

Ooh that's good news! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »

Good news !
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,872
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »

At first I was thrilled at the news of it's return but reading inbetween the lines it sounds like it's going to be all young people, the prize at the end being "a stay in the final – and most glamorous – party hot spot" and it will be on E4 which is aimed at younger audiances. So I'm expecting lots of drinking and peole copping off with each other. So it's not going to be Coach Trip but one of those young people fly on the wall holiday type shows but on a coach with Brendan. :(:(:( (Also strange that there isn't a comment from Brendan in the press release?)

Oh slight twist "for the first time you can also apply as a solo traveller" so I'm guessing that when they say "no such thing as a safe seat" that couples could be split apart?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/coach-trip
  • Options
    IandigitalspyIandigitalspy Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    At last. COACH TRIP is back. Pity it's on E4 instead of Channel 4, but you can't have everything.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooooooo! I'm youngish and can't think of a worse show to be honest. There are enough shows with twentysomethings getting drunk and embarrassing themselves so why do they have to turn coach trip into yet another version. I'm hoping it will turn out that this is some sort of spin off and we can still enjoy the regular version at some point.
  • Options
    johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    At first I was thrilled at the news of it's return but reading inbetween the lines it sounds like it's going to be all young people, the prize at the end being "a stay in the final – and most glamorous – party hot spot" and it will be on E4 which is aimed at younger audiances. So I'm expecting lots of drinking and peole copping off with each other. So it's not going to be Coach Trip but one of those young people fly on the wall holiday type shows but on a coach with Brendan. :(:(:( (Also strange that there isn't a comment from Brendan in the press release?)

Oh slight twist "for the first time you can also apply as a solo traveller" so I'm guessing that when they say "no such thing as a safe seat" that couples could be split apart?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/coach-trip

I agree and echo your feelings.

The beauty of Coach Trip is that it brought different generations of travellers together, I could imagine that the new series will be mainly young people with a token older couple for novelty/comic value. Also the audience seemed to be a mix of ages from students to elderly people - so that's half the audience gone if its on E4. I'm youngish but never watch E4....

From working in the media, I would say there could be many reasons why it has moved to E4:

-The series seems to be disliked by the C4 daytime controller - yet it brings in more viewers than Come Dine With Me and Four In a Bed.

- Is it a way to finally kill it off by moving it to E4, then blame poor ratings?

I have a fear that this could be the last time the coach hits the road.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this is awful news! E4 is not a good channel to be on :(. It won't have the same mix of people as it normally does...such a shame.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I'm re-watching the old series on All 4 at the moment so am pleased it is coming back. And I'm not averse to some changes. I just hope they retain the diversity of the contestants and I include age in that. Whether it's Coach Trip or Celeb BB it's often the older contestants that are the most entertaining.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems Coach Trip is returning next Monday 25th July at 19.30.

Coach Trip ‏@C4CoachTrip Jul 14

So...#coachtrip lovers...@brendan_sheerin is back! & he's on the Road To Ibiza! E4 - Mon 25th July 19.30 daily for 6 weeks! @E4Tweets
    73 retweets 181 likes
    https://twitter.com/c4coachtrip?lang=en-gb

Coach Trip: Road to Ibiza
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/coach-trip-road-to-ibiza
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems Coach Trip is returning next Monday 25th July at 19.30.

https://twitter.com/c4coachtrip?lang=en-gb

Coach Trip: Road to Ibiza
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/coach-trip-road-to-ibiza

Excellent news!!
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news.
    Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's all twenty-somethings now then?

Love Island on a coach...
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The line up of travellers looks like Big Brother/Love Island. Another fantastic show ruined for sensationalism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The line up of travellers looks like Big Brother/Love Island. Another fantastic show ruined for sensationalism.

So annoying. Why cant they stick to the tried and tested method of NORMAL people of ALL ages going on a coach round Europe??????
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So annoying. Why cant they stick to the tried and tested method of NORMAL people of ALL ages going on a coach round Europe??????

That's really disappointing. I can think of few things I'd like to avoid more than a coach of young drunken party-goers heading for Ibiza.

It must be something to do with the move to E4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's really disappointing. I can think of few things I'd like to avoid more than a coach of young drunken party-goers heading for Ibiza.

It must be something to do with the move to E4.

I'll watch it but cant see me lasting for the whole series....