Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
This is a continuation of: Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In
N.B I'm going to ask the mods if, when this thread is split, it can be renamed "Spoilers and Information Beginning to Come In" -- it will negate the need to create separate threads for separate series, and keep major spoilers all in one place (as many residents of the Whoonie Inn have pointed out to me in the past.)

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    So, Nick Hurran is directing the anniversary special. I liked his direction of The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex and Asylum of the Daleks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Nick Hurran is directing the anniversary special. I liked his direction of The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex and Asylum of the Daleks :)

Where has that been mentioned/confirmed?
    Forum Member
    Blogtor Who -- http://www.blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/50th-anniversary-director-announced.html

Hurran announced it at the Glasgow film festival :)

Forgot to mention he also directed The Angels Take Manhattan as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news. Sure it can't be a coincidence he's directed 3 of my favourite episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blogtor Who -- http://www.blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/50th-anniversary-director-announced.html

Hurran announced it at the Glasgow film festival :)

Forgot to mention he also directed The Angels Take Manhattan as well.

Ta...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two questions, if The Eleven Doctors scenario happens...

One - I wonder why Eccleston is happy to come back?

Two - and this is the most important question - will McGann don the TV Movie costume and wig, or his new BF look? We need to know, darn it! ;)
    Forum Member
    I think Eccleston would like a little publicity atm, the only memorable thing he's done lately film-wise is his cameo in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Maybe that, and the change in production team etc... My opinion is that he must surely see the 50th as being good for his career, cos it surely cant be bad.

McGann MUST be in 1996 look! There is no other! :mad:
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Quality decision about the director. Those were all great episodes.

Is Blogtor starting a new rumour about it being 90 minutes? What is the origin of that? The Toy fair thing suggesting 60 minutes was the last I saw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Eccleston would like a little publicity atm, the only memorable thing he's done lately film-wise is his cameo in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Maybe that, and the change in production team etc... My opinion is that he must surely see the 50th as being good for his career, cos it surely cant be bad.

I did wonder if the lack of old guard might have made it more attractive for him...

And velvet frock coats for the win...! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Quality decision about the director. Those were all great episodes.

Is Blogtor starting a new rumour about it being 90 minutes? What is the origin of that? The Toy fair thing suggesting 60 minutes was the last I saw.

Maybe they've secured extra funding? ;)
    Forum Member

He's co-star of the next Thor film. And hasn't really lacked work. (He was the lead in "1984" on the radio today).
    Forum Member
    That's nice to know, Eccleston is a top quality actor :)
    Forum Member
    Maybe they've secured extra funding? ;)

Hopefully. I was just wondering if the "90 minutes" came from an insider. The "60 minutes" was direct from BBC Worldwide.
    Forum Member
    I hope that's accurate, BBC Worldwide and the BBC are 2 different beasts, so there's hope :)
    Forum Member
    I hope that's accurate, BBC Worldwide and the BBC are 2 different beasts, so there's hope :)

Yep. There's no need to assume that just because Worldwide thought it would be 60 minutes that it will actually turn out to be. But , nevertheless, it was an official source. Unlike various people hoping for longer.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I like the episodes done by Nick Hurran... he and Toby Hayne's efforts have been the most cinematic and powerful visualisations of the show for me, and usally accompany my favourite episodes (Astronaut two-parter notwithstanding in Hayne's case) :D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Good choice with Hurran as 50th anniversary director.

I like him.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think they should give McGann a new appearance, I don't think there is anything wrong with his other one though.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eccleston is in the new weepie-for-biddies film with Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp and others, "Song for Marion", so he's doing all right.

I'm sure I'll owe a lot of people a lot of money if he is in the Anniversary Special, as my bet was that he would never darken DW's doors again. I hope I'm wrong, though - I'd love to see him, even if he wasn't my favourite. :D

Maybe he's mellowed with age. Some people do. Not me....other people.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two questions, if The Eleven Doctors scenario happens...

One - I wonder why Eccleston is happy to come back?

He doesn't need to be happy to come back... just willing.

He can say he's doing it for the fans who supported him and whatnot. It's a pretty easy thing to backtrack on without looking too craven.

In life, there aren't too many people who stick doggedly to principles. Ecclestone (whether those principles are right or wrong) has done until now but then nothing really tempting has been offered to him before now. Who knows what he will or won't do if / when he is actually asked. Talk is cheap.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eccleston is in the new weepie-for-biddies film with Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp and others, "Song for Marion", so he's doing all right.

I'm sure I'll owe a lot of people a lot of money if he is in the Anniversary Special, as my bet was that he would never darken DW's doors again. I hope I'm wrong, though - I'd love to see him, even if he wasn't my favourite. :D

Maybe he's mellowed with age. Some people do. Not me....other people.

And with 'weepie for biddies' Granny doth invent a vital new genre of cinema. Or at least a word to describe it. Whenever I have to discuss 'Fried Green Tomatoes...' you have just made it alot easier. Not that it often comes up. But best to be prepared.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And with 'weepie for biddies' Granny doth invent a vital new genre of cinema. Or at least a word to describe it. Whenever I have to discuss 'Fried Green Tomatoes...' you have just made it alot easier. Not that it often comes up. But best to be prepared.

Glad to have helped. :D

There are a lot of them about - weepies for biddies, I mean. I try to avoid them, personally. :D
    Forum Member
    Yep. There's no need to assume that just because Worldwide thought it would be 60 minutes that it will actually turn out to be. But , nevertheless, it was an official source. Unlike various people hoping for longer.

Blogtor Who has repeated that he thinks the special will be 90 minutes. Which hints he knows something we don't. Which would not be at all unusual. :) Hope Cameron's right.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    No, I think they should give McGann a new appearance, I don't think there is anything wrong with his other one though.

Wasn't there a scene in the Eccleston first episode where he's shown in a drawing, wearing similar to the McGann costume?
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blogtor Who has repeated that he thinks the special will be 90 minutes. Which hints he knows something we don't. Which would not be at all unusual. :) Hope Cameron's right.

I hope so too. Be more fitting for a 50th Anniversary special.
This discussion has been closed.