Options

Ant and dec's saturday night takeaway

Comments

• Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    A bit of an anti climax Pudsey being the shooter.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I'm sorry but I was looking forward to finding out who did it and when it was revealed it was the dog, I just thought what a stupid ending to a skit that was made such a big deal
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted I had £50 on Cowell shooting himself!

Ah well easy come easy go!
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Really?? I thought it was quite a let down...

I'm struggling as to why this is being billed as an end of series spectacular as I didn't think much of it.

From the last series the Little Mix one and the Billy Elliott were my favourites.
  • Options
    jaycee331jaycee331 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I'm sorry but I was looking forward to finding out who did it and when it was revealed it was the dog, I just thought what a stupid ending to a skit that was made such a big deal

I found it hard to imagine that the ending of a stupid skit would be anything other than stupid anyway. I can't imagine any result that wouldn't result in a big Yawn.
    Louis did it! Yawn...
    Olly did it! Yawn...
    He shot himself! Mega yawn...

At least Pudsey was unpredictable and harder to see coming.

For me, it was pure tat, whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaycee331 wrote: »
    At least Pudsey was unpredictable and harder to see coming.
    It's pretty much the same thing as Maggie shooting Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. Apparently they even wrote one alternative to that ending, with the family dog as the shooter.
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Must admit that the nearest I've ever got to knowing about a commodore rank is the band called The Commodores. I'd have said admiral every day of the week. Even as a 50/50 chance I'd go for admiral every time because I've never heard of commodore rank.

Re Pudsey shooting Simon, yes it wasn't serious but it still seemed like a bit of a let down. Would've been no better if it'd have been Piers Morgan (ie too obvious)

Re the 'celebs', to be honest Stacey Soloman just looks like teeth rather than a person (ie when she smiles all you see is her teeth, it's like the rest of her disappears) and Peter Andre is very meh. No idea who Ashley Roberts is to be honest.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you believe the daily mail have had 3 news stories saying the show was plagued with "embarrassing technical issues" just because of that few seconds when the camera switched to James Nesbitt but he wasn't there. It was hardly a major thing. How sad
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Can you believe the daily mail have had 3 news stories saying the show was plagued with "embarrassing technical issues" just because of that few seconds when the camera switched to James Nesbitt but he wasn't there. It was hardly a major thing. How sad

One story was about them leaving Barcelona airport with 'their heads down' (they weren't) and then the next story was about them being 'giggly' walking through arrivals in London. So according to the DM, they must have really cheered up during the plane journey! :D It's a load of nonsense, and to be fair almost all the comments on the three articles were saying that these were stupid stories and that as viewers they really enjoyed the show.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One story explained at length what they were wearing when exiting arrivals at Heathrow.

Surprisingly they were dressed casually like the majority of men of their age do when taking a flight. I'm surprised they didn't travel in a formal suit.

They then went on to describe the "series of embarrassing errors" again.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I actually cannot stomach that Steven Mulhearn.

I used to think the same but I quite like him doing the ant v Dec segment :D

The series was very good but the cruise ship finale was poor. Peter Andre ffs >:(

I liked that it was Pudsey who shot Simon :blush::D
  • Options
    David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I actually cannot stomach that Steven Mulhearn.

Thank you!!! I'm not the only one
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    David166 wrote: »
    Thank you!!! I'm not the only one

You're not alone. He does my skull in truly to the core
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,231
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd bump this up for the new series.

What I don't like having read the thread back is the following:

a) People complaining about little things - clearly purely to wind people up.
    b) People just slagging off the show week-in-week-out for no reason.
    c) People making rude comments about people who like the show.
    d) People making unconstructive comments such as 'Thanks for the warning', even though they don't even like or watch the show.

Yes, it's not my thread, and it's not an appreciation thread. Criticise the show, fair enough. I don't like people coming in to slag it off if they don't like it at all. I don't appreciate being called a moron just because I enjoy this show.

It's a light entertainment programme. Let's keep this thread light.

Scarlett Moffatt (from Gogglebox and I'm a Celebrity) is doing some bits on this series. They're doing a new Whodunnit this time round, called "The Missing Crown Jewels".

Everything points to a February 25th start.
  • Options
    Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

d) People making unconstructive comments such as 'Thanks for the warning', even though they don't even like or watch the show.

Yes, it's not my thread, and it's not an appreciation thread. Criticise the show, fair enough. I don't like people coming in to slag it off if they don't like it at all. I don't appreciate being called a moron just because I enjoy this show.

Scarlett Moffatt (from Gogglebox and I'm a Celebrity) is doing some bits on this series. They're doing a new Whodunnit this time round, called "The Missing Crown Jewels".

Well it's a lovely thought but if we haven't had a 'not Scarlett Moffatt again' by the time the day's out, it'll be a miracle! Is she an add-on or replacing Ashley, do you know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baz_James wrote: »
    Well it's a lovely thought but if we haven't had a 'not Scarlett Moffatt again' by the time the day's out, it'll be a miracle! Is she an add-on or replacing Ashley, do you know?

I don't know, there's just been a mention that she's got a big part on the first show. Ashley did other little bits last year (Stephen Mulhern hosted Ant vs Dec), such as helping giving out tickets to the cruise, the Best Seats in the House and being part of some of the End of Show Shows. I'll be surprised if they do ditch her as she's the least of their problems. There's not much I can fault about last series although some of the opening games didn't work.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always have the impresion that it's every show is more or less the same.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this. The finale last year was fantastic. What will they do to top it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this. The finale last year was fantastic. What will they do to top it?

Do it from the Royal Albert Hall? Not sure it'd lend itself to this kind of show but it would be nice.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

If they do eight episodes this year, which is something Wikipedia seems to think is happening (yes, I know that's not exactly the most reliable of websites), then the final episode will be the 100th show. I'm sure they'll have something big up their sleeves for that one.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Could not agree with you more
    It's the same with the Mrs Browns Boys threads, where people go purely to inflame and be a dick, offering nothing constructive and then get defensive when you tell em to sod off.

Looking forward to SNT's return, thanks for the date BTW, appreciated!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz_James wrote: »

I read somewhere that Scarlett is replacing Ashley
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scarlet has a brand new roll
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Freshly baked?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »

Sausage or Swiss? :p

She's taking part but we don't know what she's going yet.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I always have the impresion that it's every show is more or less the same.

It is-crap!:santahatdude: