Options

Londoners are difficult

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    They told me what to say. I wrote it down on the paper as well. They said -she would come in. Just advise her on what these documents were, the next step and the deadline dates etc...

She could not understand a word I was saying and gone on to humiliate me.

And was she an actual Londoner?

maybe she was having a real bad day too...

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit brighter.
  • Options
    ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    My City apparently has the worse crime ridden street in the country :DMoved from there a short while ago

I just got excited that we were on the news to be honest and was pointing out the places I knew :o:p

People are about people, not about where they come from or what their accents are and to add........visited Liverpool last year and heck it had changed so much. I believe visitor numbers are up massively

Calm is good Baa Mooby, I scream when I get in the photo copy room, so therapeutic

It has changed. There is still so many things going on- central village, liverpool/wirral waters project etc.. It is going to get better.

It is up. A lot of people are visiting Liverpool. You can tell especially after liverpool1, the wheel, arena...

It is annoying, how a stereotype still sticks especially on here.
  • Options
    ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    And was she an actual Londoner?

maybe she was having a real bad day too...

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit brighter.

She had a slight posher accent kind of. I understood her perfectly well.

Bad day? Still no excuse. She could have been polite.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has changed. There is still so many things going on- central village, liverpool/wirral waters project etc.. It is going to get better.

It is up. A lot of people are visiting Liverpool. You can tell especially after liverpool1, the wheel, arena...

It is annoying, how a stereotype still sticks especially on here.

The Waterfront is beautiful and the dock area, I was wowed over as it had been a number of years since I'd been. But to me it will always be the people :) used to got there all the time as a child

Nipped over to Birkenhead and went to Hamilton Square which again I know well

The park in Birkenhead was designed by the same man who designed Central Park I believe and was one of the first parks specifically designed for the health of people.......I digress, my apols :o

I go off on my own tangent :D
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    This has to be a joke.

OP do you actually want to would make us believe that the problem was your accent? Are we talking about the same London in here? The London were half the people do not even have english as their first language?
    You need a reality check.
  • Options
    Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    The Waterfront is beautiful and the dock area, I was wowed over as it had been a number of years since I'd been. But to me it will always be the people :) used to got there all the time as a child

Nipped over to Birkenhead and went to Hamilton Square which again I know well

The park in Birkenhead was designed by the same man who designed Central Park I believe and was one of the first parks specifically designed for the health of people.......I digress, my apols :o

I go off on my own tangent :D

It's actually unbelievable how much Liverpool has changed in the past 4 years. I left in 2008 and every time I go back I find something that's changed! When I was there a few weeks ago I noticed the first parts of Central Village beginning to rise up from behind Lewis's.

Our presence at the Shanghai Expo has attracted quite a lot of Chinese business to the docklands enterprise zone. They're building an International Trade Centre for Chinese companies (one of only TWO in Europe!) as part of the MASSIVE Liverpool and Wirral Waters projects. The docklands are going to be amazing once the these get up and running!

All that combined with being the only major city to not have a single 'failing' school and statistically being the safest big city shows we're going to keep getting better and better!

Btw Mrs T, are you from Preston? ;)