Options

Is this Blackberry worth the price?

ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am looking for a phone at the moment. I am wondering should I buy:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/blackberry-curve-8520

or

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/barcelona-from-orange (Which isn't a blackberry obviously).

I am not sure which phone to get. I prefer to get something under £100 but £150 is the max.

Am I better off waiting till the Christmas sale?- It would mean no phone for 3/4 months but I can cope. I want a good phone but at a reasonable price.

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    The Curve doesn't have 3g though so no internet on the move, unless that is not a factor. Depending on where you are I suppose, but Orange 3g where I live is diabolical.
  • Options
    anonymous_user_1anonymous_user_1 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Those Orange-branded phones look rather good, the Monte Carlo getting a good review from the "Tracy and Matt" website recently. I'm a Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 user and I'd say don't get anything less than that spec - although if you think Android is for you, the Orange phones are a good place to start.

You can pick up a 9300 within your budget, it's a nice phone - 3G, UMA, GPS, WiFi although extensive browsing is hampered by the piffy 256MB RAM. It'll take a 32GB microSD Card which is good for music (it plays most formats such as AAC, MP3, MP4 etc).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great post Charlie.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Can you use your existing sim on it?:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    The Curve doesn't have 3g though so no internet on the move, unless that is not a factor. Depending on where you are I suppose, but Orange 3g where I live is diabolical.

Wrong. It uses EDGE so a bit slower then 3G but can be used on the move. Speaking from experience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Can you use your existing sim on it?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes you should just add a blackberry data plan usually costs £5 a month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the Blackberry Barcelona instead. Thanks for the tips. Just getting use to the barcelona at the moment- so playing around with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wrong. It uses EDGE so a bit slower then 3G but can be used on the move. Speaking from experience.

Damn, forgot about EDGE :D

Thanks for that, what a pratt I am.

Blackberry Barcelona? That's a new on me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Damn, forgot about EDGE :D

Thanks for that, what a pratt I am.

Blackberry Barcelona? That's a new on me ;)

Sorry. I meant Orange Barcelona.;
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Can the Barcelona be unlocked from orange yet? It may suit my wife's needs but don't want to use it on Orange....
    I'm trying to find someone selling the Huawei Boulder which is what the Barcelona is, pre skinned for Orange.