Options

The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it interesting that Carmen was Paula's double from the back and his interaction with her was "typical Saula" - it looks like Paula has been wheeled out for a younger clone :D. I think I mentioned before that after "Saula" was mentioned by the warm up guy, Simon went into overdrive with the touchy feely Saula-esque behaviour which (to me) seemed to have been done on purpose. Several of the papers have of course reported this as True Love *deep sigh*. Hurry back Amanda. Carmen was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

NB - off topic but I stumbled upon Max Clifford on This Morning earlier, inexplicably talking about sex positions for old people :eek: Is Simon's love life that dull now he is branching out as This Morning's new "Denise"??? :D
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    I found it interesting that Carmen was Paula's double from the back and his interaction with her was "typical Saula" - it looks like Paula has been wheeled out for a younger clone :D. I think I mentioned before that after "Saula" was mentioned by the warm up guy, Simon went into overdrive with the touchy feely Saula-esque behaviour which (to me) seemed to have been done on purpose. Several of the papers have of course reported this as True Love *deep sigh*. Hurry back Amanda. Carmen was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

NB - off topic but I stumbled upon Max Clifford on This Morning earlier, inexplicably talking about sex positions for old people :eek: Is Simon's love life that dull now he is branching out as This Morning's new "Denise"??? :D

I see someone just asked on a BGT thread if Carmen is his new beard ;) Those kind of comments are usually the preserve of this thread :p That is a bit weird tho the saula-esque behaviour and the fact she looks a bit like her

That's gross. Max gives me the creeps at the best of times and the thought of him having sex makes me feel nauseus. Has he just split from his new wife? Thought i read that somewhere :confused:
  • Options
    ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh witty laydeez, I had to go to page 4 to find you tonight - anyone excited and hopeful that Ryan might be joining X Factor USA? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  • Options
    vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    ellie4265 wrote: »
    Oh witty laydeez, I had to go to page 4 to find you tonight - anyone excited and hopeful that Ryan might be joining X Factor USA? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Ryan? Ryan who? Seacrest? Oh, no, I don't think so. I've heard before that he and Simon really hate each other. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie4265 wrote: »

Now that would be interesting ;) Thing is though one of the critisisms of xfusa was that it was already too like Idol hence the sacking of Paula i presume (unless it's just another publicity stunt ) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »
    Now that would be interesting ;) Thing is though one of the critisisms of xfusa was that it was already too like Idol hence the sacking of Paula i presume (unless it's just another publicity stunt ) :rolleyes:

Yeh, but the strengths that Paula had on AI just didn't shine through on USXF. Paula didn't help or hurt the show. But Ryan, even Simon admits that Ryan is the best in the business. There has been nothing about Ryan resigning with Idol, so who knows? It would be a brilliant move on Simon's part...he would help his own show and hurt the competition.

But then Ryan is no dummy, it could just be a threat to get the money he wants from Idol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These rumours of Ryan joining XF are quite strange tbh. There were barely any rumours linking him with XF before the first season.

Are the reports saying that Ryan would leave Idol or do both? As unlikely as both options sound, the only reasonable hope i can cling onto is that Fox need to stabilise XF incase The Voice steal some of their viewers during the fall. Besides improving on 12m, it may now be seen as a small victory if they keep those numbers. It wouldn't be completely illogical for Fox to believe that Idol could survive without Ryan, whilst giving XF the boost it needs if he was to host.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    These rumours of Ryan joining XF are quite strange tbh. There were barely any rumours linking him with XF before the first season.

Are the reports saying that Ryan would leave Idol or do both? As unlikely as both options sound, the only reasonable hope i can cling onto is that Fox need to stabilise XF incase The Voice steal some of their viewers during the fall. Besides improving on 12m, it may now be seen as a small victory if they keep those numbers. It wouldn't be completely illogical for Fox to believe that Idol could survive without Ryan, whilst giving XF the boost it needs if he was to host.

I haven't seen any rumours about Ryan joining XF. Isn't he about to start his own tv show soon?

I have to say I absolutely love Simons new challenge of a sing off super-final! That's so typical of him to think big and outside the box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good news here, Simon has no plans to retire soon - obviously! Can't see him and Jackie settling for a night of bingo with their fish and chips any time soon, although it's quite a nice thought :)

Great to see his friend Sian looking so well too, she must be about 17 now, a real inspiration.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/2012/02/simon-cowell-planning-to-be-on.html

Oh and huge congrats to One Direction and all their loyal fans on the Brit award. A nice bunch of people all round.
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    I haven't seen any rumours about Ryan joining XF. Isn't he about to start his own tv show soon?

I have to say I absolutely love Simons new challenge of a sing off super-final! That's so typical of him to think big and outside the box.

Without being cynical, I don't think he was serious about the super-final. I think it was a tactic of getting XF mentioned as Idol and The Voice are on right now and with The Voice having great ratings (Idol should be looking over it's shoulder.) So at the minute XF has been well and truly forgotten about. No one even cares about the judges being sacked and who may replace them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some good news here, Simon has no plans to retire soon - obviously! Can't see him and Jackie settling for a night of bingo with their fish and chips any time soon, although it's quite a nice thought :)

Great to see his friend Sian looking so well too, she must be about 17 now, a real inspiration.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/2012/02/simon-cowell-planning-to-be-on.html

Aww... How can I hate on Max Clifford knowing that he does nice stuff like this? :cool: Next you'll be telling me that Tony donated all his Reelz earnings to a homeless shelter.
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww... How can I hate on Max Clifford knowing that he does nice stuff like this? :cool: Next you'll be telling me that Tony donated all his Reelz earnings to a homeless shelter.

All $10? Wow, he is SO generous :D:D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    Without being cynical, I don't think he was serious about the super-final. I think it was a tactic of getting XF mentioned as Idol and The Voice are on right now and with The Voice having great ratings (Idol should be looking over it's shoulder.) So at the minute XF has been well and truly forgotten about. No one even cares about the judges being sacked and who may replace them.

thats a possibility I do about know Simon and his ego :D
    I still think its a brilliant idea and so do most people seem to think.

XFUS is buzzing again but with less expectations. S1 wasn't great but not a disaster either. He just needs a panel that has good chemistry and a show like UKXF 2010 and he's on his way to his goal. If he can pull it off remains to be seen.

I do think his ego needs competition. Like now he wants to judge on UKXF again saying he is the best of them all.
    I adore Simon, he's a fantastic showman and producer but, sorry. He's not the best judge. Good - but not the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    thats a possibility I do about know Simon and his ego :D
    I still think its a brilliant idea and so do most people seem to think.

XFUS is buzzing again but with less expectations. S1 wasn't great but not a disaster either. He just needs a panel that has good chemistry and a show like UKXF 2010 and he's on his way to his goal. If he can pull it off remains to be seen.

I do think his ego needs competition. Like now he wants to judge on UKXF again saying he is the best of them all.
    I adore Simon, he's a fantastic showman and producer but, sorry. He's not the best judge. Good - but not the best.

I do mostly agree with this. He's probably not the best judge anymore, but he is the best judge to watch. He divides opionion, gets a reaction from everyone and contestants still want his approval more than anyone elses.

The problem he has it that his judgement is caught between what makes good TV and what is a credible A&R perspective. If you want Simon's perhaps 'real' judgement, then his Pop Idol days were his best, but i understand that as a producer, he now has other concerns, which sometimes mean keeping the joke acts in for longer than they deserve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do mostly agree with this. He's probably not the best judge anymore, but he is the best judge to watch. He divides opionion, gets a reaction from everyone and contestants still want his approval more than anyone elses.The problem he has it that his judgement is caught between what makes good TV and what is a credible A&R perspective. If you want Simon's perhaps 'real' judgement, then his Pop Idol days were his best, but i understand that as a producer, he now has other concerns, which sometimes mean keeping the joke acts in for longer than they deserve.

The downfall i think came with jedward Now people are more cynical ." I really like you " in Simons world means $$$$$$

I think with BGT David may well be the "best judge to watch" we will just have to wait and see :) He also had serious competition on xfusa from LA Reid as far as i was concerned :D

Some nice articles about his charity stuff this week tho so still appreciating :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zeta Graf, the "Diamond Divorcee'" from the yacht, has spilled the beans about why Simon dumped Mezhgan. :eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-dumped-mezhgan-hussainy-745529

Apparently, he found her "too clingy." :yawn: I interpreted this to mean that Mezhgan had been expecting to have some sort of physical contact with him. :D

Graf also said, "Simon is single and gets offers from women everywhere he goes – but he doesn’t act on it." I found this comment surprisingly believable. ;)

Finally, she revealed, "There is no one serious in his life at the moment.” So, I sense an opportunity here, ladies! Any of you in London right now? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeta Graf, the "Diamond Divorcee'" from the yacht, has spilled the beans about why Simon dumped Mezhgan. :eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-dumped-mezhgan-hussainy-745529

Apparently, he found her "too clingy." :yawn: I interpreted this to mean that Mezhgan had been expecting to have some sort of physical contact with him. :D

Graf also said, "Simon is single and gets offers from women everywhere he goes – but he doesn’t act on it." I found this comment surprisingly believable. ;)

Finally, she revealed, "There is no one serious in his life at the moment.” So, I sense an opportunity here, ladies! Any of you in London right now? :p

Well it's true she was always clinging on to him for dear life in photos. Like the wrist grab when he wouldn't hold hands :D

I know the second part is true because i know of someone who propositioned him at a hotel ( no not me :p ) even though Terri was there with him :eek:

Alas no, but there is a couple of regulars on this thread who are ;)

By the way that article said they had been together 3 years :eek: dosen't time fly when you are having fun
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Really feel sorry for Mish this time,How must she be feeling on reading her fiancee as dumped her for being to clingy fed to the DM by one of the ex girlfriends.I think she was paid by Simon to spill the beans for him.What a gentleman omgI think not:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really feel sorry for Mish this time,How must she be feeling on reading her fiancee as dumped her for being to clingy fed to the DM by one of the ex girlfriends.I think she was paid by Simon to spill the beans for him.What a gentleman omgI think not:rolleyes:

Mmm.... i would have thought Zeta Graff would have been too classy to get embroiled in this sort of thing, but obviously not. What's wrong with Snit just announcing it on twitter like she usually does? :p
    I wouldn't be too upset about Mish, no doubt she realised she was only on a short term contract for which she was paid handsomely ( allegedly ) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i'm in London and it is Feb 29th after all....unfortunately i have no other credentials to entice Simon :D

I quite like Zeta from what i have seen and read so far. This comment impressed me, because it seems so true to me;

"A lot of people don’t get Simon. What they don’t realise is that he gets it all 100% and he knows exactly what he is doing"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107462/Simon-Cowell-split-Mezghan-Hussainy-confirmed-Zeta-Graff.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. Did we already miss our moment of opportunity? :cry:

"RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Ana Paula Junqueira is the only lucky new lady in the life of the multi-millionaire X-Factor creator.

The former American Idol judge, 52, has been secretly dating the stunning Brazilian born businesswoman for several months, and she was aboard Cowell's yacht in the Carribean during the holidays. It was reported that Cowell was dating fellow traveling companion, Zeta Graff, but our source says he only has eyes for Ana!
    "

http://m.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/03/simon-cowell-new-girlfriend-brazilian-ana-paula-junqueira

Keeping the earlier quotes from Zeta Graff in mind, I am going to assume that this is an example of someone's clumsy attempt to grab some publicity (that someone being Ana). :rolleyes:

I really, really hope that, at his age and at this point in his life, Simon no longer feels that it's necessary for him to have a girlfriend. After the Terri break-up, he infamously stated that he was "off women" for a while, and that was nice. Then the Mezhgan engagement reared its ugly head (metaphorically!), and everybody seemed miserable. I would like to see Simon stay happy, and go back to the pre-Mezhgan days. I think people would understand if he just stays "married to his career" anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Did we already miss our moment of opportunity? :cry:

"RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Ana Paula Junqueira is the only lucky new lady in the life of the multi-millionaire X-Factor creator.

The former American Idol judge, 52, has been secretly dating the stunning Brazilian born businesswoman for several months, and she was aboard Cowell's yacht in the Carribean during the holidays. It was reported that Cowell was dating fellow traveling companion, Zeta Graff, but our source says he only has eyes for Ana!
    "

http://m.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/03/simon-cowell-new-girlfriend-brazilian-ana-paula-junqueira

Keeping the earlier quotes from Zeta Graff in mind, I am going to assume that this is an example of someone's clumsy attempt to grab some publicity (that someone being Ana). :rolleyes:

I really, really hope that, at his age and at this point in his life, Simon no longer feels that it's necessary for him to have a girlfriend. After the Terri break-up, he infamously stated that he was "off women" for a while, and that was nice. Then the Mezhgan engagement reared its ugly head (metaphorically!), and everybody seemed miserable. I would like to see Simon stay happy, and go back to the pre-Mezhgan days. I think people would understand if he just stays "married to his career" anyway.[/QUOTE]

There was no window of opportunity he has been seeing her for months ;) yeah right :rolleyes:

Attractive altho not a clone of the others. She may well have been on the yatch and is a genuine friend. Googled her profile :o i know but couldn't resist :D can't see her being on Max's books so why does she need her profile boosting?

I wonder who "our source" was ;)

Wonder how long this one will last then :p

Another kick in the face for the Saula's :eek:

Just had a look on the Saula board where someone (also Brazilian i gather) has given the low down on her. Recently divorced from a mega mega rich bloke, has a penchant for young men so that rules out our Si ;) and likes to think of herself as a bit more than the average socialite. Yep she's in it for the publicity, well spotted Vanilla :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm wonder how reliable this site is
    a yes for Janet and Britney and a maybe for Ryan ?

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/janet-jackson-britney-spears-ready-for-x-factor-3054/

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/simon-cowell-states-ryan-seacrest-x-factor-3024/
    Gotta love that first picture ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    Mmmm wonder how reliable this site is
    a yes for Janet and Britney and a maybe for Ryan ?

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/janet-jackson-britney-spears-ready-for-x-factor-3054/

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/simon-cowell-states-ryan-seacrest-x-factor-3024/
    Gotta love that first picture ;)

Probably as reliable as Louis Walsh's attempt to stir up more on the Britney rumour. Of course he is talking to her, just as they're talking to everyone else who've approached them to do the show.

Simon has already denied Ryan. Besides, I doubt the producers want a new Idol. I think this yeas XF will be totally different from the first series. Maybe even the U.K shows.

I loved his chat on extra with Terri Seymour.
    'Can you cook?' '-Yes' 'What can you cook?' '-salads' :p