The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been looking at Claudia Faniello's wiki page and I didn't realise she's competed in every Song For Europe since 2006! :eek: Talk about desperate. She only needs to keep going until 2017 and she will have beaten Olivia Lewis's record.
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    I've just been looking at Claudia Faniello's wiki page and I didn't realise she's competed in every Song For Europe since 2006! :eek: Talk about desperate. She only needs to keep going until 2017 and she will have beaten Olivia Lewis's record.

I was more dismayed to read that she's younger than me. I've seen her face. How is this possible?

I was surprised that Eyþór's younger than me too.

Bring back Engelbert and the Babushkas!
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I was more dismayed to read that she's younger than me. I've seen her face. How is this possible?

I was surprised that Eyþór's younger than me too.

Bring back Engelbert and the Babushkas!

He's only 7 months older then me :eek:. I look easily 15 years younger then him lol
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    It would be a complete travesty if Margaret Berger doesn't represent Norway.
    That Bombo girl can't even sing, and has no where near the cute factor that Stella had.

Stella's song was hideous though, Bombo is amazing! It totally reminds me of that Mandinga song from Romania last year, which did quite well, did it not? Even down to the performer going out of time and off key about 30 seconds in! It was still the best by far in quite a lacklustre heat though.

But I agree with the general idea that Margaret Berger must win, I Feed You My Love is BRILLIANT. Adelen second and Datarock third would be perfect.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    Stella's song was hideous though, Bombo is amazing! It totally reminds me of that Mandinga song from Romania last year, which did quite well, did it not? Even down to the performer going out of time and off key about 30 seconds in! It was still the best by far in quite a lacklustre heat though.

But I agree with the general idea that Margaret Berger must win, I Feed You My Love is BRILLIANT. Adelen second and Datarock third would be perfect.

Stella was fab! The song was catchy and fun too.
    Defo should have qualified.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    Why are the two internet-voting Spanish songs only fragments? Surely it's more important that they're released in full at this stage.

2 are in the final, 2 are not.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Stella was fab! The song was catchy and fun too.
    Defo should have qualified.

Stella herself was fabulous, and I agree she sold the song about as much as she could, but to me it just sounded quite cheap and trashy. When you compare it to other Norweigan entries in recent times I think it ranks pretty lowly, I'd probably say I even prefer Tooji to it, but that's just me I guess.

Bombo on the other hand sounds summery in a good way, the sort of thing I could imagine like Alexandra Stan or something singing, and I could see it performing quite well if Adelen learns how to perform to anywhere near a decent standard between now and then, it'd be far from a disaster if she won!
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a listen to the Spanish songs.
    Sorry but I'm not feeling the love for Atrevete, I prefer Revolucion.

Happy birthday 21stCB! :D
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Really nice to have girlie weekend rosetta, hope you and your friend have a blast! Nice to hear she's recovering too :)
    Thanks! :) (I'm a bit paranoid that there'll be some last minute hassle to prevent us from going (kids getting sick or other usual stuff), so keeping fingers crossed...)
    My Maltese friend has just uploaded a video of Tomorrow on YouTube and called it "the most addictive song she's ever heard".

Not sure I'd go that far, but nice to see it's getting some love!
    How surprising to hear that from a Maltese... :rolleyes: ;)

(And Happy birthday from me too! :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is early but Sergej Ćetković is highly likely to represent Montenegro with a ballad in 2014 http://www.blic.rs/Zabava/Vesti/366335/Sergej-Cetkovic-Predstavljacu-Crnu-Goru-na-Evrosongu-2014-godine
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Berger 1,65
    Adelen 4,50
    Sirkus Eliassen 5,50
    Gromth feat. Emil Solli-tangen 10,00
    Datarock 15,00
    Annsofi Pettersen 17,00
    Gaute Ormåsen 22,00
    Fjellfolk 25,00
    Vidar Busk 30,00

Odds from Unibet.

Not surprising I guess...
    Lucky Lips 50,00
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adelen seems to have a lot of fans from what I've been reading
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    But she's so bad at singing live!! I'll be a bit annoyed if Bombo wins on Saturday. MB I can live with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she's so bad at singing live!! I'll be a bit annoyed if Bombo wins on Saturday. MB I can live with.

Well we haven't heard how bad it could be as that wasn't a 100% live :eek:
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Well we haven't heard how bad it could be as that wasn't a 100% live :eek:

It was probably as live as it would be on the ESC stage, with her quietly shouting into her mic, and the mysterious backing singers hidden away drowning her out... ;)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    It was probably as live as it would be on the ESC stage, with her quietly shouting into her mic, and the mysterious backing singers hidden away drowning her out... ;)

I immediately thought of Balkan girls...lol! :D
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

I wonder if it turns into a club banger half way through? Noddy has a look of Dane Bowers to him.

I see Loreen is the interval act at MGP this weekend. Apparently she will be performing "My Heart Is Refusing Me" in a routine inspired by Game of Thrones.:confused:

Even better news is that Tooji will be giving us a new version of "Stay", and he is supposedly going to be supported by 12 backing singers!!:D:D *cue the jokes*
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Can't stop listening to Atrévete. Saaalta, whoa-oh-oh-oh. :D
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Finnish running order:

Arion – Lost
    Elina Orkoneva – He’s Not My Man
    Lucy Was Driving – Dancing All Around the Universe
    Krista Siegfrids – Marry Me
    Last Panda – Saturday Night Forever
    Mikael Saari – We Should Be Through
    Great Wide North – Flags
    Diandra – Colliding Into You

50% jury 50% televote and no Superfinal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Finnish running order:

Arion – Lost
    Great Wide North – Flags

A Finnish statistcian on escnation looked up the 50 50 conversion rate as they''ve over complicated things and it's more 83%televote 17% jury
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Finnish running order:

Arion – Lost
    Great Wide North – Flags

I've embraced the dark side.......I want Krista to win.:p:cool:

I know it'll be either Diandra or Mikael in reality and I'll be fine with either of them, but the sight of the mad tranny on the stage in Malmo is too good to miss for me...oh oh oh oh oh ding dong!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Finnish statistcian on escnation looked up the 50 50 conversion rate as they''ve over complicated things and it's more 83%televote 17% jury

My bad that was Denmark. Finland is the one with no information how the 50/50 is converted into statistical terms.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    I've embraced the dark side.......I want Krista to win.:p:cool:

I know it'll be either Diandra or Mikael in reality and I'll be fine with either of them, but the sight of the mad tranny on the stage in Malmo is too good to miss for me...oh oh oh oh oh ding dong!:D

Woo-hoo -- a ding doong a ding dinng a ding dong! :cool: Krista's the only shot of getting rid of the two dreary favourites...(but team Mikael if it's between them!:rolleyes:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Sean Banan takes the piss out of Danny in Copacabanana.
This discussion has been closed.