Bra fitting/measuring services

Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there

I think I need to get refitted for a bra but not sure where to go to get measured properly. The last time I got measured I went to Bravissimo but I think the nearest store is over an hours drive away.

Where can you recommend to try that provide an accurate and reliable measurement.

Cheers :)

Comments

• sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    House of Fraser and Debenhams. M&S too.
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird we were just talking about this in another thread.

Debenhans and marks and spencer. M and as you can book a time slot online as well so you know you won't be waiting.
  • Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. M&S have never been that accurate in the past :( x

Will see where the nearest HoF store is x
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    John Lewis
  • denzldenzl Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do home visits and consider myself a bit of an expert ;-)
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    The majority of high street stores still fit the old fashioned way, which is usually wrong. Bravissimo does it the new way, so comparably they are better than M&S etc.

Try doing it yourself if you can't get to Bravissimo - details here:

http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1
  • Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    The majority of high street stores still fit the old fashioned way, which is usually wrong. Bravissimo does it the new way, so comparably they are better than M&S etc.

Try doing it yourself if you can't get to Bravissimo - details here:

http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

Thank you, I'll give it a try :)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a bra fitting really is a horrible experience (for me anyway ... cos im shy), but even when you know what size you are supposed to be, its still a minefield. I was measured in M&S over the weekend and I was told my size. I bought a bra - but to be perfectly honest, it aint very comfy. It might just be that the lace is new though ?

So - I went online and bought a few more from Figleaves, and do they fit me ? No. So although you are sized a certain way you can't just buy a bra in that size and expect it to fit.

I give up. I might just let them swing and brush the pavement as I walk !!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are you free?
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a bra fitting last year with Victoria's Secret, they recommended me a size and type of bra. I tried on said bra and it didn't fit, I tried to get somebody to check but nobody was available so I left it. A couple of months ago I decided to get it sorted so I booked online a time slot with M&S and finally got a nice bra that fit me properly. I recommend their service.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I had a bra fitting last year with Victoria's Secret, they recommended me a size and type of bra. I tried on said bra and it didn't fit, I tried to get somebody to check but nobody was available so I left it. A couple of months ago I decided to get it sorted so I booked online a time slot with M&S and finally got a nice bra that fit me properly. I recommend their service.

Its was with M&S.

To be honest, Im really fed up with the whole bra fitting malarkey. I really had to steel myself to go to get fitted, and in the shop the bra felt comfy. But after wearing it for a few hours the underwire started to really hurt.

Anyway - I went on Figleaves and ordered a couple more bras to see if they would be OK. I went for full cup (which was recommended) and they turned up ... and the cups are too loose and baggy. Why cant all bras fit the same ?