Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Well I know that and you know that, although it might be if you stayed in it in one place permanently, which, Mary isn't doing because it isn't always parked on Coronation Street. So it's an SOR that the council woman would turn up like that.

It's a different matter though of you turn up as a group and park on an open green space in the middle of a town or take over a car park without adhering to the length of stay allowed, not paying parking fees, or inconveniencing others by stopping them from legally using the space or car park. That's when court orders have to be taken out to move them on.

I bet they don't come and check all that on bank holidays? :D
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Certainly a child capable of playing ball in the garden with Max!

And capable of disappearing during the outside scene with nick and David taking whilst Max kicked a ball about
    (She has nappy of invisibility)
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,416
    Forum Member
    It's perfectly possible for a 49 year old to become pregnant, as long as they are female.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    And capable of disappearing during the outside scene with nick and David taking whilst Max kicked a ball about
    (She has nappy of invisibility)

:D

i was commenting as i was watching it recorded earlier, was astonished to actually clap eyes on her :D

the Callum pointy finger thing was hilarious. :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    :D

the Callum pointy finger thing was hilarious. :D

Hilariously SCARY!!!
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It's perfectly possible for a 49 year old to become pregnant, as long as they are female.

its possible of course, but not very common.
  • MaddaleneMaddalene Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    its possible of course, but not very common.

I think that might be the point of the storyline.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Maddalene wrote: »
    I think that might be the point of the storyline.

I think the point is to cause long drawn out anguish for Carla and and a never ending will-they-wont-they situation. *yawns*
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, in Soapland, the "passport drawer" has to be downstairs, in a tiny drawer, that also contains keys, scissors, phone chargers, pens, post it notes and anything else that is needed "to hand" in a storyline.:D

A bit like any filing cabinet used in soapland, will always have the required file in the top drawer, and more often than not, at the very front of the drawer!

(NB: Also applies to most TV dramas, cop shows etc, even if the villain's name is not Aaron A. Aardvark!)
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    David has missed a trick with letting Callum know who's boss. Never mind running away to a hotel. He should have lured Callum to his workplace, the salon, and tortured him with a beauty session after having torn his top off and given Callum the wax strip treatment all over that fully carpeted bare chest of his until it was bald and so very red and sore!

Rich, think you are getting a bit obsessed with Callum's hairy chest! :D Is there anything you want to get off your own chest?!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Sarah said her shift finished at one. What time does the Rovers open 12? So they have a shift consisting of one hour.

And hard man Callum wears a top that makes him look even more stupid than he already looks.

And when " Kim Tate" announces she is pregnant no one expresses surprise that she might be a bit old to become pregnant

Exactly, this was the worst SOR for me>:(
    As if Michelle's first reaction on hearing the news from Carla wouldn't be something along the line of "blimey, what age is she?"
    Even more surprising, neither Erica or Nick expressed any concern about the possible health complications of having a baby at her age. In fact, they didn't allude to her advanced age at all which would surely be a main deciding factor on whether to have the baby or not.

Now I might be wrong on this but I'm sure Erica said to Nick that she is only 6 weeks pregnant yet she seems more than happy to broadcast the news to all of Weatherfield already, which is very unusual for someone in the very early stages of pregnancy.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Could this be the build up to a future storyline of a baby with some sort of problem. Its known that there can sometimes be problems such as Downs Syndrome with older mothers, and that's something they haven't tackled in Corrie yet, although they did have a Downs Syndrome baby in Eastenders several years ago but that was with a young mother.

There's plenty of scope for Corrie to explore the problems of pregnancy in later life and get it totally wrong.

Have I got faith in the writers portraying something accurately? Obviously not based on what we've seen in the past.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow Jack P Sheperd on Twitter and he had to tweet in reply to everyone messaging him about an SOR. People noticed the taxi changed colour whilst on his trip to Liverpool. He wrote:In last nights Corrie, David got a black cab to the train station and got another taxi from Liverpool train station to his hotel #Boring
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask him why lilly is invisible half the time and not a 21 month old toddler
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Could this be the build up to a future storyline of a baby with some sort of problem. Its known that there can sometimes be problems such as Downs Syndrome with older mothers, and that's something they haven't tackled in Corrie yet, although they did have a Downs Syndrome baby in Eastenders several years ago but that was with a young mother.

There's plenty of scope for Corrie to explore the problems of pregnancy in later life and get it totally wrong.

Have I got faith in the writers portraying something accurately? Obviously not based on what we've seen in the past.

Wife and I were speculating on this subject yesterday - and seeing a Down's baby on the way and Corrie's usual hash in portraying this storyline.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wife and I were speculating on this subject yesterday - and seeing a Down's baby on the way and Corrie's usual hash in portraying this storyline.

Well it is almost ignored in Emmerdale.
  • glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    double post
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Miley. After the Cyrus.

surely Miley is BEFORE Cyrus
  • kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Ask him why lilly is invisible half the time and not a 21 month old toddler

Ask him the sleeping arrangements. Les Dennis and Helen Worth basically admitted it was an SOR on PO'G on Monday
    Forum Member
    How would Nick know David kept his passport in that drawer? I have absolutely no idea where my sister keeps hers. :D

its in the kitchen drawer just below the kettle........... your welcome!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't see their being any baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Neither can I.

If she really is pregnant (it could be the beginning of the menopause or a false alarm) she might not go full term. Whatever the outcome I hope it's done with sensitivity.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Neither can I.

If she really is pregnant (it could be the beginning of the menopause or a false alarm) she might not go full term. Whatever the outcome I hope it's done with sensitivity.

Don't hold your breath! :(
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

The last time Nick was an expectant father he couldn't wait to get shot
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I follow Jack P Sheperd on Twitter and he had to tweet in reply to everyone messaging him about an SOR. People noticed the taxi changed colour whilst on his trip to Liverpool. He wrote:In last nights Corrie, David got a black cab to the train station and got another taxi from Liverpool train station to his hotel #Boring

If you had been following the threads, you would have known that when it first happened.:p
This discussion has been closed.