Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Todd.

Not sure if he was a lawyer but certainly a job which would qualify him for more than working at a half-empty shop. I guess the idea is that his dodgy past would disqualify him for anything better?

I wouldn't have thought Todd was a lawyer, or we would have heard something about it, certainly Eileen would have been doing a bit of boasting about her son being a lawyer, I would think! However, I think he could do better than working in that dead loss of a shop.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that Todd was a legal clerk, not an actual solicitor.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought Todd was a lawyer, or we would have heard something about it, certainly Eileen would have been doing a bit of boasting about her son being a lawyer, I would think! However, I think he could do better than working in that dead loss of a shop.

"He returned home in 2013 when he had lost his job as a law clerk and also got in debt with a previous partner." Corriepedia
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Anyway no need to worry the police - Callum has "his people" on the case :D

I creased myself when he said that.

The writing has got so poor that I'm unsure anymore if they are deliberately writing Callum as a panto villain or not.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    It's not exactly unknown for a woman in early/mid 40s to have a baby...but one on the verge of FIFTY???? I've never heard of a single woman of that age getting preggers naturally. Even if the menopause hasn't started it's nigh on impossible, fertility would be almost nil. (Although the oldest woman, according to the Guinness Book of Records was 57.) So may be not impossible, but more chance of winning millions on the lottery!

I have just read that
    she suffers a miscarriage
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just read that

Another one? I don't know
    what percentages of pregnancies end in miscarriages, but I'm sure it's nowhere near as high in the outside world as it is in the Street.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just read that

I wouldn't be surprised if she dies in the upcoming fire. Does Tracy start it and where? because the trailers show her playing with matches.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, would not surprise me in the least, then of course he would have to move out of the vicarage, and we all know where he will end up, in Eileen's dosshouse, of course:o If something as stupid as a vicar giving up his vocation to work in a cafe/ kebab shop/ pub just because he fancies that idiot Sean, then I really will just give up watching!

Sheer stupidity, isn't it?
    He's known Sean all of 5 minutes and is already declaring his undying love for him and quitting his vocation>:(
    I don't see Billy lasting long on Corrie anyway...seems a bore and without the vicar angle to work with, he'll become even more boring with nothing to do.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    It felt a little bit uncomfortable when nobody reacted to Callum's aggression to Sarah. It was as if that behaviour was normal.

That was the second time he did it with Nick just standing there, yet Nick has jumped in to protect David from Callum before, but not his sister? :confused:
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Don't worry, they're coming back very soon.

Not worried :) but glad to see a little reality. Not another grandmother pushing for custody I hope. Perhaps CSA pushing for child maintenance has brought things to a head - someone has to pay for the dirty deed!

Just surmising - don't give the details away!
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Also, Sarah - "He's good with Bethany" Um, he gave her a knock-off phone against Sarah's wishes? Plus, Bethany only liked him because of his appearance, otherwise she'd be chasing him away.

And "At least our family would still be in Max's life if I was with Callum" (or something to that effect.) So she'd be ok with her brother losing the child he brought up, her niece's brother? While the rest of the family are rallying for David to keep Max, she's not bothered at all, despite seeing how much David cares about Max.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If so, why do we get camera shots of Max surreptitiously fiddling with the phone Callum gave him ?

I assumed the way we were being shown him doing it we were meant to think he was secretly in contact with Callum.

That was David's phone he was fiddling with. David shouted at him for having it.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Sheer stupidity, isn't it?
    He's known Sean all of 5 minutes and is already declaring his undying love for him and quitting his vocation>:(
    I don't see Billy lasting long on Corrie anyway...seems a bore and without the vicar angle to work with, he'll become even more boring with nothing to do.

He's not quitting, though. They agreed he would continue, keeping their relationship more or less a secret from TPTB, the religious ones anyway.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,924
    Forum Member
    I have just read that

:( Poor Nick and Erica
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    That was David's phone he was fiddling with. David shouted at him for having it.

No, David shouted when Max went to answer David's phone. I think the phone Max was fiddling with was his own.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

Predictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »

He was playing with his own (blue) phone in another scene in the hotel room.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes he was, and he will soon phone Callum and go missing.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o It was green on our TV!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o It was green on our TV!

OK, bluey green! :D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It felt a little bit uncomfortable when nobody reacted to Callum's aggression to Sarah. It was as if that behaviour was normal.

Even Gormless Gail didn't say anything. If it were my daughter he would be out in the road nursing a broken jaw! None of the so called younger males said a word either.>:( I hope this isn't going to morph into Sarah and the fairy dust seller and a domestic abuse s/l, I wouldn't put it past The Hat anyway.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just read that

We;;, what a surprise, didn't see that one coming! (rolleyes smiley)
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, David shouted when Max went to answer David's phone. I think the phone Max was fiddling with was his own.

Yes, it was. David's phone is black and Max's is green.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

Hardly!
    She's barely pregnant and it's not like either of them actually wanted a child.
    :confused:
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    One thing we're always complaining about here is relatives not returningfor key family events so I was glad to see
    peter is returning for deidres funeral
This discussion has been closed.