Sky SD/HD new channels thread. Coming soon/launch dates.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's native HD.

Greets
    Zodac
    Forum Member
    AwesomeJJ wrote: »
    is that a screencap from the test Comedy Central HD or is that from somewhere else?

It is a screencap from the test Comedy Central HD feed, made with a Dreambox.

Greets
    Zodac
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Sky's investor presentation from this morning contains graphics for Animal Planet HD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Might be a red herring this one, but in the latest Sky Mag, page 76/77, it mentions a few programs such as "Ronnie Corbett's Supper Club" being on the Good Food channel, but being in HD. Mistake or Good Food HD coming soon?

Also, there are a couple of programmes mentioned that are on the Food Network channel and are listed as HD. Food Network HD has been mentioned before, but hasn't materialised yet, could this be it?

These are probably mistakes, but thought I'd mention it.
    Forum Member
    Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:

ITV 2 HD will launch in October
    ITV 3 HD and ITV 4 HD will follow a few weeks/months later

All three will be exclusive to Sky+HD and NOT be FTA or FTV.
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-news/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10597065

Greets
    Zodac
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hinksy wrote: »
    Might be a red herring this one, but in the latest Sky Mag, page 76/77, it mentions a few programs such as "Ronnie Corbett's Supper Club" being on the Good Food channel, but being in HD. Mistake or Good Food HD coming soon?

Also, there are a couple of programmes mentioned that are on the Food Network channel and are listed as HD. Food Network HD has been mentioned before, but hasn't materialised yet, could this be it?

These are probably mistakes, but thought I'd mention it.

Yeah, whoever is responsible for sticking on those HD logos had a bad week. Seems even channels like Home, Watch and Eden will be going HD this month :eek:.
  • RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Comedy Central programmes have 'Also in HD' in their EPG info from Monday. Possibly launching with the new Sky Movies HD channel then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few things that Bravo broadcasts, and that are made in HD -

- Spartacus: Blood & Sand
    - TNA Impact
    - Leverage
    - The Unit
    - Films

Don't forget Sons Of Anarchy too
  • robpw2robpw2 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    yes comedy central hd launches 9th august channel 222
  • parkyzparkyz Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sky will get this channel a month early then?
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    MickEden wrote: »
    Don't forget Sons Of Anarchy too

One of the best shows on TV, I've really enjoyed the first two seasons, can't wait for season 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robpw2 wrote: »
    yes comedy central hd launches 9th august channel 222

proof or source?
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Zodac wrote: »
    Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:

ITV 2 HD will launch in October
    ITV 3 HD and ITV 4 HD will follow a few weeks/months later

All three will be exclusive to Sky+HD and NOT be FTA or FTV.
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-news/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10597065

Greets
    Zodac
    Will these channels only be available to those with the variety pack or available to everyone who pays the HD sub regardless of mixes?

In the article it states ITV 2HD will launch in October for the start of The X Factor, I thought The X Factor started this month. Do they mean the start of the live shows as the auditions won't be in HD?
  • rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmation that Comedy Central HD launches on Monday 9th August on Channel 222:
    MTV Confirm Comedy Central HD Launch
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    3849 on 12265 H which is I think SKY Sports News HD has two teletext pages with titles.

801: 06 W
    832: STU306 W
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Can I access the Sky Sports News HD test channel from my Sky+HD Box???

If so what is the

Frequency (GHz)............
    Polarisation.....................
    Symbol Rate (Mbaud).....
    FEC...............….......……

thanks

Dan

ps is there a list that someone could put in a reply of how I can get all the test channels.
    (only those accessable via my Sky+HD Box)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you cannot access the Sky Sports News HD test channel from your Sky+HD Box.

The only HD Channels you can tune into a Sky+HD box manually are the ITV, BBC HD, Rush HD and Luxe HD channels.

Any new channels testing that use the symbol rate of 29.5 (ie, most HD channels on Sky), cannot be added manually into the Sky+ HD Box, you have to wait until they are officially added by Sky.

ITV1 HD:-
    Frequency (GHz) = 10.832
    Polarisation = H
    Symbol Rate (Mbaud) = 22.0
    FEC = 5/6

OR

Frequency (GHz) = 10.936
    Polarisation = V
    FEC = 5/6
    OR

Frequency (GHz) = 11.937
    Polarisation = V
    Symbol Rate (Mbaud) = 27.5
    FEC = 2/3

BBC HD:-
    Frequency (GHz) = 10.847
    Polarisation = V
    FEC = 5/6

Rush HD:-
    Frequency (GHz) = 12.607
    Polarisation = V
    FEC = 2/3

Luxe TV HD:-
    Frequency (GHz) = 12.643
    Polarisation = H
    FEC = 2/3
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    What about STVHD?

Thanks in advance

Dan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, UTV and STV were not on the website I use, but they are on the weekly thread in the Satellite Forum.

UTV HD:-
    Label = 3852
    Frequency (GHz) = 10.936
    Polarisation = V
    FEC = 5/6

STV HD:-
    Label = 3855
    Frequency (GHz) = 10.936
    Polarisation = V
    FEC = 5/6
    Forum Member
    There is no UTV HD on 10.936 V...

Greets
    Zodac
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and here http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2010/08/09/uktv-to-launch-hd-channels-on-sky/

UKTV has announced plans to launch Good Food and Eden on Sky, in high definition.

Good Food HD is expected to be the first to launch, on 31 August and Eden HD will follow in October.

The launch of Good Food HD will include new content such as Ronnie Corbett’s Supper Club, which will feature the veteran comedian asking celebrities what they would eat for their last ever meal.

New programmes on Eden HD will include Great Rift and South Pacific alongside favourites such as Planet Earth.

Virgin Media is believed to be planning to sell its 50% stake in UKTV.

Virgin jointly owns the company with BBC Worldwide.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    according to sky there are a total of 21 channels on hd less the pay extra channels sky sports and movie kids etc.
    By the end of 2010 there will be 50 channels.
    My worry is thyat they wil up the charge by christmas. In september my own charges will go up to £22 plus £10 for HD .so it does not take an expert to work out that the price will increase on the basic HD channels. But it cannot go up too much as sky is trying to push the new HD T1 box and 3D box. So reckon the price will increase to around £15 for the box for new subscribers after 1st jan and £12 for pre 1st jan subscribers. I am waiting for my connection !
    I would advise anyone to act now as installation is only 4 days otherwise once the kids go back and go towards christmas its likely to be at least 7/10 days. i predict !
    eurosport new HD 2 channel in 2011 sky news HD2 2011 to include local news as well as uk news.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt Sky will change the £10 pm HD sub any time soon, Up or down.

The Sky + sub never changed from £10 and HD has not for over 4 years as channel numbers have increased. Costs were far more in the early days as channel numbers increased so there is less need now to break what I think is a psychological barrier.
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    according to sky there are a total of 21 channels on hd less the pay extra channels sky sports and movie kids etc.
    By the end of 2010 there will be 50 channels.
    My worry is thyat they wil up the charge by christmas. In september my own charges will go up to £22 plus £10 for HD .so it does not take an expert to work out that the price will increase on the basic HD channels. But it cannot go up too much as sky is trying to push the new HD T1 box and 3D box. So reckon the price will increase to around £15 for the box for new subscribers after 1st jan and £12 for pre 1st jan subscribers. I am waiting for my connection !
    I would advise anyone to act now as installation is only 4 days otherwise once the kids go back and go towards christmas its likely to be at least 7/10 days. i predict !
    eurosport new HD 2 channel in 2011 sky news HD2 2011 to include local news as well as uk news.

Sorry but your predictions are way off base. The Hd pack will certainly not go up more likely is a reduction of some sort for the non-premium channels. Sky news doesn't have a second channel so where on earth are they going to get a sky news hd channel from? Sky have been pushing the hd box for a few years now, but more so since the end of sky+ in january, and all hd boxes are 3d ready. Currently I think I counted 44 or 45 hd channels with more due soon. The 50 barrier will be passed before christmas but I just cannot see a price increase for the hd pack.
This discussion has been closed.