Options

Marti Pellow/Leon: Vocally separated at birth?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I can recognise a good honest opinion when I see it posted :) I do agree with you that Leon is far better looking (not wanting to upset Marti fans BTW, only my opinion) ;)

Leon's cute but never in a million years better looking than Marti.

http://www.brandnewsunrise.co.uk/marti_pellow_photo_gallery_1.htm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »

Yeuuck, Marty the Fang. I always found him a very unattractive man :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leon is a lovely-looking lad and will become even more handsome as he ages. I don't find Marti Pellow at all attractive. Sorry.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think their voices are even remotely similar. I would go so far as to venture that, if they were not both Scottish, you would never have made a connection between the two.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hope I didn't offend ibeca. Only my humble opinion. Are you a big Marti fan? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    No, I don't think their voices are even remotely similar. I would go so far as to venture that, if they were not both Scottish, you would never have made a connection between the two.

What's this crap? OK, I'm not Scottish, but I like Leon. So I'm already breaking the rules round here apparently! Also, I don't give a monkey's that Leon is Scottish, it rarely registers on my radar as I am a normal person who thinks about X Factor only on a Saturday night or when I am bored at work and come on this forum, and therefore do not think about things such as "Leon is Scottish, therefore I must compare him to another Scottish person, let's see...hmm... Irvine Welsh.... no.... William Wallace....nah..... Billy Connol... hold on, got it! Marti Pellow! That sounds about right in my "must equate all Scottish people to one another" addled brain.

I don't care that Leon or Marti are Scottish, and in fact once I'd realised how alike I THINK they sound the second thought I had was "How odd that they are both Scottish!"

So there. Venture back lulu g, you are in incorrect territory.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    What's this crap? OK, I'm not Scottish, but I like Leon. So I'm already breaking the rules round here apparently! Also, I don't give a monkey's that Leon is Scottish, it rarely registers on my radar as I am a normal person who thinks about X Factor only on a Saturday night or when I am bored at work and come on this forum, and therefore do not think about things such as "Leon is Scottish, therefore I must compare him to another Scottish person, let's see...hmm... Irvine Welsh.... no.... William Wallace....nah..... Billy Connol... hold on, got it! Marti Pellow! That sounds about right in my "must equate all Scottish people to one another" addled brain.

I don't care that Leon or Marti are Scottish, and in fact once I'd realised how alike I THINK they sound the second thought I had was "How odd that they are both Scottish!"

So there. Venture back lulu g, you are in incorrect territory.
    OK OK, no need for the aggressive attitude, though.
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't see the remotest similarity between Leon's voice and Marti's.

Marti had one of the best pop voices of the 80s probably only arguably being beaten by George Michael.

Leon doesn't come close to the richness and power that Marti had and still has to a degree.