Using Foxsat HDR to record from Freeview TV?

snorksnork Posts: 1,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I am a bit of a noob to pvr's and the like. I had sky+ but have just invested in a Humax Foxsat HDR today as I'm fed up paying Sky for a rubbish service.

Not being the most technically minded person didn't think about not being able to record Freeview on it :cry:. I have a Panasonic viera tv with integrated Freeview in it, so is there any way that I can record from tv to the pvr?

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Thanks.

Comments

• Cliff_HangerCliff_Hanger Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Freeview and Freesat PVR's work by recording the transport stream digitally direct to the hard drive. With this in mind your Freesat PVR records the transport stream directly to its hard drive. There is no transport stream link between your TV and PVR therefore recording Freeview onto the Freesat PVR is not possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snork wrote: »
    Hi, I am a bit of a noob to pvr's and the like. I had sky+ but have just invested in a Humax Foxsat HDR today as I'm fed up paying Sky for a rubbish service.

Not being the most technically minded person didn't think about not being able to record Freeview on it :cry:. I have a Panasonic viera tv with integrated Freeview in it, so is there any way that I can record from tv to the pvr?

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Thanks.

No it can't.

It can only record from its own internal Freesat tuners.

Rgds.

Les.
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I guess its only Dave I won't be able to record then. The boyfriend will be over the moon :o:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snork wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I guess its only Dave I won't be able to record then. The boyfriend will be over the moon :o:cool:

Yes, that's why, even though my Sony TV has built in Freeview, I have both Freesat & Freeview PVR's - best of both worlds, and enormous possibilities of recording with hardly ever any clashes/conflicts.

Might be worth investing in a cheapish Freeview PVR to placate the BF? :D:D:D

Rgds.

Les.