Batman - Comic Books History

2»

Comments

• ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should add that there have also been other Robin's since Dick Grayson. When Dick outgrew the Robin identity and became Nightwing, a kid named Jason Todd took over but didn't work out too well. Tim Drake (now Red Robin) was the third, and Damien Wayne (Bruce's recently discovered natural son) is the current Robin.
    UCLGeogPhD wrote: »
    Don't forget Stephanie Browns run as Robin. It was a brief run but indeed a girl has been Robin in the main continuity too :)

(Grayson, Todd, Drake, Brown, Drake (again), Wayne)

Don't forget Carrie Kelly in The Dark Knight Returns, possibly the seminal work in the Batman universe.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadout wrote: »
    Don't forget Carrie Kelly in The Dark Knight Returns, possibly the seminal work in the Batman universe.

Wasn't it this story that rebooted the whole BatMan thing. It was dying on it's arse prior to that if memory serves me well.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Wasn't it this story that rebooted the whole BatMan thing. It was dying on it's arse prior to that if memory serves me well.

It wasn't really 'dying', but Dark Knight (and shortly after that Batman: Year One and The Killing Joke) certainly gave the franchise a much needed shot in the arm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Shadout wrote: »

I didn't forget Carrie, I just purposely omitted her from my list for simplicity as she isn't a main continuity Robin like the rest. Was trying to keep it all as simple as is possible without touching the non 'canon' works that can mess it all up. :)

Dark Knight Returns isn't main continuity but rather part of a sort of 'elseworld' that is Frank Millars Batman (this includes All Star Batman and Robin as well as DKR and Dark Knight Strikes Again).
  • Golden ManGolden Man Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Is the joker dead in the comics yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Golden Man wrote: »
    Is the joker dead in the comics yet?

No. Why would he be? :confused:
    Forum Member
    How did the joker die and is robin apart of the titans?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    When i was child i used to read lot of comics especially Super man ... i just love him even in the movies... and if you go to batman.. then i would like him the cartoon stuff more then the comic or the movie stuff !
    Forum Member
    Spidey Was My Fave
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the joker die and is robin apart of the titans?

The Joker is not dead in mainstream comics continuity. He has been killed off in diferent ways in countless stories in other continuities.

There have been several Robin's and at least three of them have been Titans at one time or another. None of them is right now, though.

You are asking for simple, one word answers to complex questions about characters who have been in constant publication for decades. It's pointless. It's all on Wikipedia or the DC Database Wiki, anyway. It would be a lot simpler just to search there.
    Forum Member
    Thanks For The Advice But I Prefere This Way, Its Not An Obbession Just An Weekend Interest... What Are The Titans?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Thanks For The Advice But I Prefere This Way
    You may prefer it this way, but I for one am losing interest in watching you being spoon fed small bits of info at a time when your more than capable of finding this info yourself at the click of a button.
    I'm all for helping people, but your beginning to take the piddle now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're questions that need big essay readings in your spare time....or check fansites to batman for clean summaries; the people on here are both avid/casual readers and may not be prepared enough to answer your questions as they are tough ones to answer as each character has countless different incarnations based on the era, media format, etc.

It's why I gave up caring for Canon a while ago (it's too hard to know it all!) and just reading up backstories online when possible to have a general knowledge of my favourites.
    Forum Member
    Gonza i it bothers you please just dont come into the thread... like I said this suits me.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suits you, sir ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks For The Advice But I Prefere This Way, Its Not An Obbession Just An Weekend Interest... What Are The Titans?

You asked earlier if Robin was a Titan. now you're asking what the Titans are. This is ridiculous. Wy are you even bothering to ask?
    Forum Member
    You asked earlier if Robin was a Titan. now you're asking what the Titans are. This is ridiculous. Wy are you even bothering to ask?
    He prefers it this way:D
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll tread very carefully to avoid upsetting anyone here. All I will say is that we're talking about fictional characters who have been revised and reinvented many times over the years, not actual historical figures. They exist purely within media made for the purposes of entertainment.

To ask questions about the 'history' yet have no desire to enjoy the stories first-hand misses the point of the texts entirely. That is all. I will follow GM's advice and back out of the thread at this point.
    Forum Member
    Seriously stop commenting the thread with the same meaning comment guys and leave the thread alone, if you dont want to answer I am not forcing you.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the comments people!
    Forum Member
    Hey Golden Man This should be right up your street.
    http://www.batmanlive.com
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Hey Golden Man This should be right up your street.
    http://www.batmanlive.com

ive just come back from it,and its very good indeed
    Forum Member

That's good to hear :)
    Hopefully I might be able to go to see it at the O2 in august.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member

Thats indeed good news as I have got tickets for this when it hits the O2 in September :)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UCLGeogPhD wrote: »
    Thats indeed good news as I have got tickets for this when it hits the O2 in September :)

You will really enjoy it,and that Batmobile is a beautiful thing:D