Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    National Career Service.
    I was told I had an appointment with them today. I walked an hour to the JC, was there on time only to be told that they (NCS) haven't bothered to turn up.
    What the hell?
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Outside or beyond, 'Outwith these isles' it's in common usage in Scotland and a perfectly acceptable word.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those choker necklaces that girls seem to be wearing nowadays, they look like dogs collars
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The lovely gooey blueberry muffins have been taken off in my local Sainsburys cafe because they are not "seasonal" at this time of year! Grrrrrr!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS posters who use those terms: libs, liberals, libtards, leftards, conservitards, sheeple, kool aid, illegals, melon suckers, etc. The usage of those makes those posters sound so American and fake.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    National Career Service.
    I was told I had an appointment with them today. I walked an hour to the JC, was there on time only to be told that they (NCS) haven't bothered to turn up.
    What the hell?

It annoys me that you are not able to put a sanction on them. If it were you that failed to turn up they'd stop your JSA for a few months - if they fail to show you should be on double for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    DS posters who use those terms: libs, liberals, libtards, leftards, conservitards, sheeple, kool aid, illegals, melon suckers, etc. The usage of those makes those posters sound so American and fake.

Similarly, people whose idea of biting satire is slightly changing the spelling of a name to turn it into an insult.

Bliar, Camoron, Milibland, Liebour, C*ntservatives etc.

If you can't hit a target that big without resorting to primary school level word play and insult flinging then you should probably stay out of political discussion.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Those choker necklaces that girls seem to be wearing nowadays, they look like dogs collars

I can't wear those things at all. I have one (didn't buy it, was a gift) but I find it really uncomfortable. It's like being strangled :o
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Outside or beyond, 'Outwith these isles' it's in common usage in Scotland and a perfectly acceptable word.

The only time I like hearing the word 'outwith' is when it's being said by a Scot. :D
  • Options
    LifeisGoodLifeisGood Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you get a call at 2am from some drunk who's dialled the wrong number.

It leaves me quite shaken up when I'm suddenly woken up from a deep sleep, thinking someone must have died. Then it's just someone wanting to speak to "Dawn", as happened last night, or trying to order a taxi, as happened last year.

No chance of getting back to sleep for a while after that.

Numptys.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Edmonds
  • Options
    allyred83allyred83 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Bursting for a no2, when there's a plumber fixing your toilet and no sign of it being finished soon! :(
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who don't seem to realise that other people are trying to sleep when they're awake. When I lived at home my Mum would be up at daft o'clock on a weekend walking outside my room shouting as loud as possible down the phone, and my flatmate now gets up early and properly slams doors shut and turns the TV really loud when my room is next door.

I wouldn't mind if I did the same but I'm always really self conscious about how loud I'm being, if my flatmate goes to bed I turn the TV down, shut the door so the sound doesn't travel and when I do eventually go to bed I'll creep around.

STFU you loud bastards.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allyred83 wrote: »
    Bursting for a no2, when there's a plumber fixing your toilet and no sign of it being finished soon! :(
    ^try eating some prunes, some chocolate and drinking coffee, all (iiuc) are good for "holding back the tide" :p
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmbop wrote: »
    People who don't seem to realise that other people are trying to sleep when they're awake. When I lived at home my Mum would be up at daft o'clock on a weekend walking outside my room shouting as loud as possible down the phone, and my flatmate now gets up early and properly slams doors shut and turns the TV really loud when my room is next door.

I wouldn't mind if I did the same but I'm always really self conscious about how loud I'm being, if my flatmate goes to bed I turn the TV down, shut the door so the sound doesn't travel and when I do eventually go to bed I'll creep around.

STFU you loud bastards.

Urgh, my mum used to do this all the time. She hated the fact that on weekends I'd sleep til 10, 11am, and always did the noisy hoovering at 8am Saturday morning. I was "wasting the day" by sleeping in late, and being lazy, and all sorts. Of course she didn't bother to think about the fact I worked in a bar and wouldn't get home until 2am, and that getting up at 7am and having to work that evening until 2am again was hardly feasible.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who think that I've recently started to wear glasses because I'm either trying to be cool or a hipster. And not, as I discovered last week (which might explain the headaches I had been having), being short-sighted.

And now I've got people at work asking, for whatever reason, if they can try them on. (I have no idea why.)
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    When you use the toilet outside your home and you feel piss on your arse when you sit down (it's also annoying at home but at least you know who to have a hissy fit at after, also men use the toilet at home as well so it us somewhat understandable) It's disgusting and why the hell is there pee on the seats in the flipping ladies?! Like WTF >:(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Having to update/upgrade software which is different to the previous version,
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) The fact that people who are imprisoned for non payment of TV licence are allowed to watch TV!:p

2) Those U shaped bath mat things that fit round the toilet on the floor. If you have one of those & there are men in you household, please remove them immediately or sooner.;-)
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The person opposite me at work eats crisps in the most annoying way. She opens the packet upside down (apparently it's easier that way) then rips open the packets and basically uses it as a plate. Very very trivial I know but it really annoys me :D
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person opposite me at work eats crisps in the most annoying way. She opens the packet upside down (apparently it's easier that way) then rips open the packets and basically uses it as a plate. Very very trivial I know but it really annoys me :D

There's a colleague who opens up the wrapping of a chocolate bar, chops the bar into bite-size chunks, and eats one at a time.

I don't eat chocolate bars, but for some reason, seeing that ritual drives me nuts. :D
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    The only time I like hearing the word 'outwith' is when it's being said by a Scot. :D

Having read through some of these posts I would say the same. Fair enough, I didn't realise it was an actual word used in Scotland, but I bet many of the FM's who use it on here aren't Scots and don't actually know what it means. Anyway I will shut up about it now :)
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had something sent to me using ParcelForce 24.

Knew I wouldn't be in so left a note on me door telling them to return it to the depot and I'd do the "send it to a nearby Post Office and I'd pick it up there" thing. Ideally they could just leave it by my Flat 9 front door as this is a safe area, but ParcelForce 24 need a signature and what with this being a laptop I'm certain the sender wouldn't be too happy with them just leaving it there... a book, sure, but a laptop, no freeking way.

So what do I find when I return home just now ?! The note gone (great) and a laptop sized parcel from ParcelForce24 waiting by my front door. WTF is going on ?! And checking online using my parcel code number I see "my" signature has been recorded as some kinda squiggle. So can they DO this. Is this the standard practice now, or is it just the driver doing me a favour, or the driver not wanting to lug the thing back down the stairs to his van ? Tempted to email PF to clarify things but don't want to get the driver in trouble if he did me favour, and also wouldn't want any future deliverers knowing Flat 9 is a telltaling a'hole and have them give any future parcels a right stomping. I'm confused.

Hopefully I'll get the same driver for my other parcel that's coming v.soon. But if I leave a note saying "do it again please" and it is a different driver then this different driver could use my note to get the previous driver into trouble (theoretically). Darn it.

Why can't things just be simple. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Being hungry but not having an appetite for anything
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The government pretending it's all for family life when what it does is intrude, break up and well make things difficult - don't remember this so much some years back. Vive la Revolution and get rid of '1984'

Not so trivial - but, what the hell, just felt I had to say it...
This discussion has been closed.