Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    People posting on forums whilst I am trying to eat my breakfast on the train . :)

:)

You could probably hear the tap tap tap of blackberry lady to your left. I was behind you, silently posting and seething! :D
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Trade paperbacks, man.
    I wish I'd done that at the start of the New52. :(
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capitalised WORDS in thread titles, Daily Mail style. What do YOU think? Most of the time it's totally unnecessary.

People describing themselves, or something, as 'Marmite', when the reality is that rather than polarising opinion (i.e., people either really loving or really hating it), people generally hate them/ it.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piazza wrote: »
    Capitalised WORDS in thread titles, Daily Mail style. What do YOU think? Most of the time it's totally unnecessary.

Daily Mail bingo includes any article in which they capitalise VERY.
  • Options
    ScPDScPD Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Shaving...

The cost of blades...

How long a blade lasts

Infuriating...
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When a person makes that strange wet gurgling sound in the back of their throat every few minutes.

I think he's only clearing his throat, but it sounds as if he's sniffing/sucking at the back of his throat to stop his nose becoming runny. Whatever it is, it's annoying.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    When a person makes that strange wet gurgling sound in the back of their throat every few minutes.

I think he's only clearing his throat, but it sounds as if he's sniffing/sucking at the back of his throat to stop his nose becoming runny. Whatever it is, it's annoying.

That noise makes me feel sick. It's snot at the back of the throat, and it makes me gag. :D:blush:
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liberals
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    People who spit on the pavement and make that horrible throat noise before they do it, Yuck

The crazy woman at the bus station who shouted at her kids for 10mins straight. 'You're a pain in my backside you two!'. In the most screechiest voice possible - pretty sure she was on something, uncomfortable.

Companies who say they'll be in touch shortly but never specify when. So I've been awaiting a phone call from them for a week or so now.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The new Talk Talk Webmail. The layout is awful and I can't see how it can be changed. "Are you sure you wish to delete this email?" warning, down the bottom of the screen every time I want to delete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My annoyance right now is friends who can't be happy for me when I finally get a good opportunity (career-wise).
    I told one the good news and they didn't even say anything not even 'well done'. I did say 'aren't you happy for me, you know I've wanted to do this all my life' and they just replied that they were having a crap time of late.
    So that means they can't act like a friend then.

And I was nice enough to ask what they're issues are and they totally clammed up.
    Why can't I have normal friends/sigh.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    My annoyance right now is friends who can't be happy for me when I finally get a good opportunity (career-wise).
    I told one the good news and they didn't even say anything not even 'well done'. I did say 'aren't you happy for me, you know I've wanted to do this all my life' and they just replied that they were having a crap time of late.
    So that means they can't act like a friend then.

And I was nice enough to ask what they're issues are and they totally clammed up.
    Why can't I have normal friends/sigh.

That sucks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    The lack of attention to detail in all walks of professional life.

I am constantly having to hold the hands of professionals in their respective fields and guide them through processes, errors in their thinking and slapdash work.

Also receptionists who do not repeat numbers back. This is standard receptionist practice.

They get irritated when i ask them to repeat the number back and sometimes even have it written down incorrectly.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    jojo01 wrote: »
    The tap tap tap of someone messaging on their blackberry....

Blackberry is so last decade :D
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict Strawberries will make a resurgence soon.

Look out for the half-price punnet deals at £1.99
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I know this is really trivial but it annoys me to no end. People writing "use" instead of "used" as in "I use to do this" instead of "I used to do this". I just read a post (in this forum) where the person managed to do it twice in one sentence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crunchy supermarket strawberries.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking I'm due to be paid this Friday then realising today that I don't get paid for another fortnight :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I know this is really trivial but it annoys me to no end. People writing "use" instead of "used" as in "I use to do this" instead of "I used to do this". I just read a post (in this forum) where the person managed to do it twice in one sentence.

The worst is when people use 'worse' instead of 'worst'. For e.g 'What is the worse moment of your life?'
    And when people write 'women' instead of 'woman', like 'I talked to this nice women' that one really gets my goat for some reason.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst is when people use 'worse' instead of 'worst'. For e.g 'What is the worse moment of your life?'
    And when people write 'women' instead of 'woman', like 'I talked to this nice women' that one really gets my goat for some reason.

The one that annoys me is when people write 'prolly' instead of probably >:(:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    The one that annoys me is when people write 'prolly' instead of probably >:(:kitty:

aaaaarh! Yes! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, that's another one. Just think about what you're saying! And really, I don't expect people to be absolutely perfect - I'm certainly not - but just the basics. Please.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When the special offer at the supermarket is sold out / shelf not restocked.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Came back 5 mins late to my car, got a ticket. God I wanted to whack the attendant with my brolly!!!
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    ScPD wrote: »
    Shaving...

The cost of blades...

How long a blade lasts

Infuriating...
    Look for the many threads that cover DE shaving, and never look back.

Today's bothersome issue: ripping new CDs into iTunes and having to edit edit the album name to remove the utterly pointless [BONUS TRACKS] in the album title that prevents the artwork downloading automatically.
This discussion has been closed.