Options

World Cup of Pool

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Anyone watching this on Sky Sports ?

With so much else on - mainly rugby and cycling - I've been dipping in and out but it's a terrific tournament

9 ball pool

32 national teams of 2 players who play a doubles match, first to 7 wins, straight knock out

We've had the 16 first round games and now it's the last of the 8 round 2 games with England 'B' playing the Philippines As host nation England gets to put an A and a B team in

Each match last about an hour to 90 minutes depending on the score

The 8 quarter finalists will be known after the current match........quarter finals tomorrow where the matches are extended to 'first to 9 (I think)

Just a shame there's so much else on 'cos i could have really watched most of this !......:)

Comments

• Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching off and on too. Lots of the seeds and big nations went out early - China, Holland, Germany, USA etc.

Always enjoy watching the pool but the one very disappointing thing has been the venue and crowds. No exaggeration but the afternoon matches this week were played in front of about a dozen people.
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Always enjoy watching the pool but the one very disappointing thing has been the venue and crowds. No exaggeration but the afternoon matches this week were played in front of about a dozen people.

I have to agree, i've been watching the tournament all week and the afternoon crowds have been very sparse, which surprises me as its been free to watch the afternoon match's, whereas evening sessions have been £10 ( naturally this weekend its £7.50 afternoon, £12.50 evening ).

I don't think people have the same interest in a 'standard' pool tournament they way they do a Mosconi Cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    England 'B' knocked out the Philippines who were one of the top seeds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    England A won their quarter final

Now England B are on the hill
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    .........and that's it.........both England teams into the semi-finals
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great final. Feel for Mark Gray who has played so well all week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great final. Feel for Mark Gray who has played so well all week

yeah........it was close

both teams were making mistakes which led to an exciting final

I think I'll watch out for these Pool tournaments on Sky 'cos I've really enjoyed this despite constant flicking around other events as well. There's been too much on this week !

Mosconi Cup next..........
  • Options
    DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on December. looking forward to see who plays.