210 in 2010

Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
Forum Member
I'm just following on from the '209 in 2009' thread. I hope the OP of that thread doesn't mind.

I read 46 books this year. I don't think I'll make it to 210, but I would like to read at least 60 next year.

Comments

• syramusyramu Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only finished 24 in 2009, and I can definitely do better than that in 2010. I'll still try to reach the goal of 210, although it's probably too high for me. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I think I might try this. I read about 70 in 2009 so will have to do a lot more, lol.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read 64 in 2009. My target is 70 for this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    82 last year, which is about 30 better than the year before :)

First two reads of this year have been Richard Bausch's Peace, which is a slight but terrific account of a WWII small battle in the hills of Italy, and Ruth Rendell's Not in the Flesh, which is a bog standard, if slightly showing the age, Wexford whodunnit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, count me in too!
    Are we going to list what we read as we read them? Am on Elizabeth George - With No-one as Witness at the moment. My first of 2010!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I'm already on the case.
    I am very determined to complete the challenge this year.
    I mean what else am I gonna do living opposite the library :p
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Yep, count me in too!
    Are we going to list what we read as we read them? Am on Elizabeth George - With No-one as Witness at the moment. My first of 2010!

Yeah:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. I shall have to remember to pop back each time I start a new one.
    So

1) Elizabeth George - With No-one as Witness.

:)
  • OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ihavenever counted the books I have read before but average 2-3 a week so 210 is a great target

1) Katharine McMahon - Footsteps
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt I'll manage 210 but it would be interesting to see how many I do read a year.

1. Before I die - Jenny Downham

(Just a quick question - does it count if you've read them before?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Finished my first of the year

1. Inkheart
    Forum Member
    I doubt I'll manage 210 but it would be interesting to see how many I do read a year.

1. Before I die - Jenny Downham

(Just a quick question - does it count if you've read them before?)

The OP of the '209' thread said ''The only rule was that if you wanted to include a book you've already read, you must read it again and not cheat!''
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP of the '209' thread said ''The only rule was that if you wanted to include a book you've already read, you must read it again and not cheat!''

That's okay then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started book 1. Moonraker - Ian Fleming
  • gemchickengemchicken Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'll manage 210 in 2010, as that is, what...1.7 days a book?! I don't think I will but I'll give it a good go!

My aim will be to read 100!

I got loads of books for Christmas, I'm afraid they're not 'intelligent' books (haha!) but they're still books! Plus I'm doing a really stressful degree so a bit of light reading is definately needed!

So far, I've read one and have just started a second one today, the first of the Twilight books and I cannot put it down, only am giving myself a headache!

So far...

1. Ex-Girlfriends United - Matt Dunn

Can we put this in out signatures? Does anyone know how?!

Cool thread, was meant to try last year but by the time I was ready to make a post it was about the middle of February! :o

Happy Reading Everyone! :D
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got to 75 last year, so I'm hoping for 100 in 2010. :) Currently on Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, though it's so long I think it should count as 2 ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt count how many I read last year - so I will not set myself a goal, just read as normal because I will find it interesting how many I DO actually get through in a year!

I may get through a few more by keeping up with this thread and maybe trying some that others are reading which I wouldnt perhaps normally read.

Revenga - there are a few books I have on my list for this year that I also think should count as 2 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    again, not mathematically possible for me. With just 52 Weeks in the year that means 4 books a week, so two days per book basically.... For me to read a book in two days, it means dedicating a lot of hours, hours I don't have ! However I will make a list as I go for fun...
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm up for a challenge so count me in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    I got to 75 last year, so I'm hoping for 100 in 2010. :) Currently on Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, though it's so long I think it should count as 2 ;):p

Only if i can count The Count of Monte Cristo as 4 :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly at the end of my book 1. Not sure what to go for next, I have a Stuart Mcbride, a Val Mcdermid and another Elizabeth George waiting on the shelf. Along with many others......I hate coming to the end of one when I have no idea what I am moving onto.....
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll do it again, but I only got to 67 last year.
    Forum Member
    1 - LA Candy by Lauren Conrad
  • OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Katharine McMahon - Footsteps
    2) Julian Fellowes - Snobs

don't think I have any hope of 210 but will give it a good go!