Options

Why i think that the EE live ep was better

CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ok since there is a thread on here stating that the ee actors should be watching to see how it should be done, i decided to try and prove why the ee episode was much better.

i have heard from many people on this forum that the 40th anniversary episode was only 4 mins live! i think that parts of tonights may be similar or pre recorded. it just doesnt seem live! the camera shots perfect sound etc just doesnt make sense! the ee episode however was obviously live due to the camera quality. as well as this ee had no breaks, solid half an hour but corrie has breaks.

also, i think that the ee storyline generated much more hype and to be honest it was much more interesting (imo)
when i look back to february, this forum was absolutely ELECTRIC on the night! even throughout the days before the broadcast and leading up to it in the day, the first few pages of this forum were filled with threads mainly about EE! however now, there are a few threads but there is not the same atmosphere!

that is all for now, i prepare for the backlash.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    Maybe there are less threads due to people being so into it, they can't be bothered to post right now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it aint over yet !

u people are unreal!!
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    You're allowed an opinion, but maybe wait for the episode to finish before you make judgement? :)
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree, tonight started off quite exciting but I don't know, it quickly lost that excitement. Don't get me wrong it's still great but the EE episode had me on the edge of my seat, heart pounding I'm embarassed to say. :o
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt very much that is 100% live although I can't believe that it was filmed weeks ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Camera quality was due to EastEnders not usuing HD cameras.
    The Thread not be live as people are actually watching it.

It doesn't matter, this is live and this is much better than just one reveal. Get over it (EE FAN)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually disagree with most of your points about what made EE live better, but I do think they were both good in their own way.

Some of the things each of them are attempting is brilliant: Live CGI, Molly being lifted out, Fiz's birth, John dragging Charlotte (surprised the actress can go through that, unless it's a dummy?) and with EastEnders a live death (think so probably with Corrie too) and the fall stunt.

However, despite Corrie's being very dramatic, EE seemed to have a lot more dramatic tension in that we were all building up to something, waiting for something... The reveal. Whereas with Corrie, it's still dramatic, but I wouldn't say as tense...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok since there is a thread on here stating that the ee actors should be watching to see how it should be done, i decided to try and prove why the ee episode was much better.

Prove? There are no facts, it's all personal opinions. If people watched both episodes, they can make up their own minds.

Personally, I prefer Corrie's episode but both have been great.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. This is going really slow,no adrenaline, just seems like a normal episode imo, so decided to check FB instead...:D
  • Options
    the-spiritthe-spirit Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Well I want to say they're doing an amazing job but it just doesn't feel right.

I'm not convinced it's 100% live.
  • Options
    PrincessGisellePrincessGiselle Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I agree. EE live felt much more electric and moved really fast.

This is moving really slow for a tram crash! none of them really seem that much in shock. :eek::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got bored of the Eastenders live show and the only thing that made it watchable were the mistakes as they were so funny
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About wrote: »
    Prove? There are no facts, it's all personal opinions. If people watched both episodes, they can make up their own minds.

Personally, I prefer Corrie's episode but both have been great.

I much prefer the Corrie one, and i watched both
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simbarro wrote: »
    I got bored of the Eastenders live show and the only thing that made it watchable were the mistakes as they were so funny
    If you got bored of the Eastenders Live show, you've probably slipped into a coma by now, since NOTHING has happened since this episode has started apart from Fizz giving birth and Claire finding out about Ashley.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the mood with EE was better, more secrecy and such surrounding it where as with Corrie it just seems like any other episode that just so happens to be live too
  • Options
    BlueMoodBlueMood Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    when i look back to february, this forum was absolutely ELECTRIC on the night!

Maybe because the EE episode was nowhere near as gripping.

I'm far more of an EE fan than a Corrie one but EE is being blown out of the water in every respect - storyline, acting, production and direction to name just a few.
  • Options
    the-spiritthe-spirit Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I actually found it quite a plodding episode to be honest. Technically it was great which makes me question if it was completely live. Story wise it was a bit slow.
  • Options
    BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D As if to prove a point, the forums outed due to high demand just as soon as Coronation Street ended. I don't remember that happening just after Eastenders pisspoor live episode.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    the corrie ep was flawless - I didn't spot any mistakes (unlike Eastenders live!).
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    the-spirit wrote: »
    I actually found it quite a plodding episode to be honest. Technically it was great which makes me question if it was completely live. Story wise it was a bit slow.

a bit slow?!!!! :eek:

I was in tears about three times during the episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    If you got bored of the Eastenders Live show, you've probably slipped into a coma by now, since NOTHING has happened since this episode has started apart from Fizz giving birth and Claire finding out about Ashley.

What about Eastenders? A badly acted out stunt, a dissapointing reveal and some hilarious mistakes. The mistakes made it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better :cool: . better acting and better storyline ~ all IMO of course :cool: .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sticking fingers down throat to be sick, real tears, no moving when dead. No major fluffed lines. So perfect acting and direction boring, how sad is EE fans, when they only enjoyed it as it was so bad, it felt live!
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    simbarro wrote: »
    What about Eastenders? A badly acted out stunt, a dissapointing reveal and some hilarious mistakes. The mistakes made it.

Spot on.

The Corrie stunt was almost big screen quality, the who dies and who doesn't scenarios have been kept well hidden before the show and the revelation of each so far has been done well, and the mistakes have been one and perhaps two. No glaring mistakes like the ones in EE that I lost count of.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie live was 100 milllion times better than EE live, killing off of major characters, flawless acting, heart wrenching scenes. It was top notch must see TV!!