Options

Well,I still like Pamela :D

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
Forum Member
I think she has been a fabulous contestant this year and even if she IMO unjustly goes tonight I am so happy that she and James have brought me so much enjoyment this year.

A big congratulations for them on another perfect score - even if the dance wasnt perfect :D

Ps, nice comments only please! Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I read the thread title I went ner ner ner ner ner
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has been a fabulous contestant this year and even if she IMO injustly goes tonight I am so happy that she and James have brought me so much enjoyment this year.

A big congratulations for them on another perfect score - even if the dance wasnt perfect :D

I second that!!:D:D
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    The saddest thing about the overmarking is that it detracts from Pamela's genuine achievements. She is a good dancer, musical and committed; James' simple but pure choreographies have served her well; she has enriched the programme and is an inspiration to more mature dancers. But the hype pushes her real worth into shadow.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When I read the thread title I went ner ner ner ner ner
    :D:D:D:D:D

It was exactly what i was thinking :D
  • Options
    labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, she has done really really well. :)
    Fabulously fit for her age, fiesty and very capable.
    I think she has a great life, a long term loving and funny husband, great children and a fabulous job and 2 amazing homes.

Yeah I think she's a great girl, but unfortunatley because she was over-marked to a degree it makes peeps a bit cross.
    , which of course is not her fault as she has worked like a demon to get to where she is.

All in all , well done Pamela, you were ab fab.

But..
    Go Baker Go :)
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, fabulous figure, lovely person (smiling about all the positive comments tonight) and what an inspiration.

Should she win? I dont' know, but I want to see her in the final!!!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    The saddest thing about the overmarking is that it detracts from Pamela's genuine achievements. She is a good dancer, musical and committed; James' simple but pure choreographies have served her well; she has enriched the programme and is an inspiration to more mature dancers. But the hype pushes her real worth into shadow.:(

Right out of my mouth. Well said (to you).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, fabulous figure, lovely person (smiling about all the positive comments tonight) and what an inspiration.

Should she win? I dont' know, but I want to see her in the final!!!!:D

Agree with this

Pamela seems like such a nice woman, she has amazing natural talent on the dancefloor, a great partnership with James and such a fun, bubbly personality.

I think she's an inspiration to a lot of women and it would be a traversty if she didn't make it through to the final.

Pamela to win! :D
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, the women have aced it this weekend, with Pamela just edging out in my joint first. All the vitriol regarding Pamela is detracting from some fab dancing (regardless of her age, she's a good dancer) and some excellent choreography. I HAD to watch that Paso again – which is the only dance this weekend I wanted to see again.

Any favouritism perceived, is just that, perception. There will be loads of different opinions on the matter. What's sad though, is for the people who believe there is favouritism going on, they will often penalise the dancer. It's not Pamela's fault that the judges may or may not be over marking her. It doesn't detract from the fact that she is one of the best dancers there. Both Kara and Pamela are deservedly in the top two imo.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    For me, the women have aced it this weekend, with Pamela just edging out in my joint first. All the vitriol regarding Pamela is detracting from some fab dancing (regardless of her age, she's a good dancer) and some excellent choreography. I HAD to watch that Paso again – which is the only dance this weekend I wanted to see again.

Any favouritism perceived, is just that, perception. There will be loads of different opinions on the matter. What's sad though, is for the people who believe there is favouritism going on, they will often penalise the dancer. It's not Pamela's fault that the judges may or may not be over marking her. It doesn't detract from the fact that she is one of the best dancers there. Both Kara and Pamela are deservedly in the top two imo.

Absolutely.

AND it's not HER fault if stupid Bruce keeps mentioning Billy. :mad:

Pamela has entertained me and, for the most part, danced beautifully, never complaining and ALWAYS saying thank you to the voters. The last two ladies in the competition deserve to be in the final.
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing woman. She has been so consistently good from the start -- It's hard to believe Pamela is around the same age as Ann Widdecombe. :eek:

Some of the nasty comments aimed at her in this forum lately is quite sad.
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely.

AND it's not HER fault if stupid Bruce keeps mentioning Billy. :mad:

Pamela has entertained me and, for the most part, danced beautifully, never complaining and ALWAYS saying thank you to the voters. The last two ladies in the competition deserve to be in the final.

I know! Lol. Some of the comments I have seen have been people complaining about her saying thank you 'all the time' and it being fake! Lol. What can you do but roll your eyes at such a comment? Lol. I'm one of those whose parents instilled a strong sense of conventional manners. Though most have slipped away with age, I am never reserved in my expression of appreciation for something and will go out of my way to thank someone if I feel genuine appreciation for what they have done. It makes me wonder how bad common manners have slipped, when some look down upon someone as being a 'fake', for being thankful!
  • Options
    angelacangelac Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Pam, and am so happy she has got James to his first final. I voted for her tonight and will in the final too, she is amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    The highlight of Strictly for me this year! Thoroughly enjoyed her each week and she really is an inspiration to be competing with people who are around half her age.
    She got my vote tonight although I'll be honest and say her Quickstep wasn't one of my favourites. People say she is constantly over-marked but for me, tonight is the first time I thought that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I do agree that the QS was overmarked but hey....aside from Kara most have been overmarked this year. I just enjoyed watching it so much - she's sooo cheerful and never moans. Good luck to her!
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I think she is fabulous and has been with Kara, the most consistent performer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    angelac wrote: »
    I love Pam, and am so happy she has got James to his first final. I voted for her tonight and will in the final too, she is amazing!

Can you please edit that and put it in spoiler tags. It's extremely poor form to be posting results outside of the spoiler thread.
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    I like Pamela too, but I also think she over-acts in her dances and isn't that light on her feet/is a bit clompy.

If she was Kara's age, I think she would be as good as Kara. But she isn't.

The judges aren't doing her any favours by either giving her the same marks as Kara or more marks than Kara (on the same night) when she doesn't obviously deserve them, especially when giving her lower marks wouldn't alter her place on the leader board.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I know! Lol. Some of the comments I have seen have been people complaining about her saying thank you 'all the time' and it being fake! Lol. What can you do but roll your eyes at such a comment? Lol. I'm one of those whose parents instilled a strong sense of conventional manners. Though most have slipped away with age, I am never reserved in my expression of appreciation for something and will go out of my way to thank someone if I feel genuine appreciation for what they have done. It makes me wonder how bad common manners have slipped, when some look down upon someone as being a 'fake', for being thankful!

Too true. It's a sad day when good manners are criticised. :(
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it makes Pam fans feel better, she seems quite popular on the BBC Blogs :)

They are very pro-Pammie and Matt over there.
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Pamela!!!
  • Options
    libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has been a fabulous contestant this year and even if she IMO unjustly goes tonight I am so happy that she and James have brought me so much enjoyment this year.

How can you congrat them when you know the dance wasn't perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member

Ps, nice comments only please! Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

its not an appreciation thread so No I dont haven't liked her for some time

I find her forced and gushing, her dancing clumpy and forgetable and no way shoud she have got 40's as each dance was , meh and not a very special dance as a 40 should be
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    I think she is fabulous and has been with Kara, the most consistent performer.

I agree. Her acting is so wonderful. Her enjoyment and enthusiasm is so wonderful and exhilarating. She was worth the 40 all the way and didn't break the rules or come near it so she didn't risk losing points.

She and Kara are the best two, no question.
  • Options
    silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela is an absolute credit to us pensioners, beautiful in every way, good luck to her, I think she is great.