Options

Louis Smith Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, Daisy, and Louis is eminently sensible, but it's odd that while he was muscly he liked ordinary girls and now that he's a lot slighter he fantasises about muscly girls! That fact certainly needs analysing! :confused:
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Well, his one and only girlfriend was very blond yet he seems to only fancy brunettes. A walking contradiction, he is. It just makes him more interesting to me, really. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »
    You will find Q's here ..
    Click on 'view conversation' below each HEAT Q for answers ;) ... https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23asklouismith&src=hash

Thanks for putting up this link, roadieboys! :)

I think he's sounding quite sure and positive about his future and the projects he's working on. Having M.B.E. behind his name, winning one of the most respected and popular reality shows and being as good looking as he is, makes him very marketable even without the gymnastics so I'm not worried yet. Plus there are quite a few retired sports personalities who still have very lucrative endorsement deals. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying very hard to see his future as exciting rather than worrying. He certainly has many ideas and Gab seems to be a friend as well as his agent and so together they'll decide on which projects to pursue. When Louis was interviewed in the palace grounds he mentioned going to schools promoting gymnastics, but I've read that all gyms are now over-subscribed and that his own local gym has a three-year waiting list for joining. Surely he doesn't need to promote gymnastics if there's no room for any gymnasts. The enthused youngsters are going to be very disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand how you feel, Korky. But I'd rather he left the sport as the Best in Britain instead of declining and struggling to compete against younger gymnasts. I think he can mentor in schools for sports in general, not just gymnastics. And he seems to be serious about his charity work so far, with appearances for NSPCC, Red Nose Day and Fairtrade all within the next month!

And of course, the famous bike ride in September! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree that it's best he leaves on top and in fact I've been in the minority on this thread hoping that he does just that, for lots of reasons. I think he's put his body through enough, especially his back, for almost 20 years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were to announce his retirement just before his book is published as people would then know that they have a complete list of his gymnastic achievements. To put it another way, I don't think he'd be publishing now if he weren't retiring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are so many ways he could earn a living:-

Sports Commentary
    Endorsement deals
    Fashion design collaboration
    Modelling
    Personal appearances
    Dancing/entertainment (even though he's shelving that for now :cry:)
    Charity work/mentoring (which aren't really income earners but good for his image)
    Gymnastics Coaching (could see him doing this eventually)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had wondered about whether he would wait til Glasgow 2014 to retire but didn't realise he didn'tcompete in 2010.

I think he's at a crossroads now so let's hope he makes the right decision.
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you've got his future sorted Korky & daisy!

Saw What's cooking? Yes Louis was lovely & funny although he must get tired of all the inane questions. Far too polite to show it though! I blushed on JB's behalf when he didn't know the name of a male cow :o:o:o

Thanks roadie for the Heat link.
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many ways he could earn a living:-

Sports Commentary
    Endorsement deals
    Fashion design collaboration
    Modelling
    Personal appearances
    Dancing/entertainment (even though he's shelving that for now :cry:)
    Charity work/mentoring (which aren't really income earners but good for his image)
    Gymnastics Coaching (could see him doing this eventually)
    You left out Sex God ..... :eek::D:D
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He can do that at the same time as any of them! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

That goes without saying, roadieboys! :D:p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do we think he'll eventually post a picture of his bedroom?!:o:o:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's being, not doing! He'll always be a Sex God, King of the Sex Dungeon. ;):D:eek: (My alter ego wrote that.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we think he'll eventually post a picture of his bedroom?!:o:o:cool:

Yes, with mirrored ceiling, mirrored wardrobes and mirrored doors - oh, and a mirrored glitterball light. If he adds candles to that lot, he'll be staggering about in there! Maybe I could resume my role as Mistress of the Bedchamber and assist him into bed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

And I think as part of your role, you should be in charge of the vetting and approval of any ladies interested in entering the bed-chamber (or sex dungeon, for that matter:cool:)! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

And I think as part of your role, you should be in charge of the vetting and approval of any ladies interested in entering the bed-chamber (or sex dungeon, for that matter:cool:)! :D

I am sure his mum would ensure that he picks a good 'un
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will certainly relish that part of my duties. He would never have his heart broken again if I could help it. Genuine girls only need apply for the post of Girlfriend. No balloon-fronted ones, either. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure his mum would ensure that he picks a good 'un

But she failed on the last one. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will certainly relish that part of my duties. He would never have his heart broken again if I could help it. Genuine girls only need apply for the post of Girlfriend. No balloon-fronted ones, either. :eek:

:eek::eek:Nearly spat out my drink reading that!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Hey ladies any news over the last few days :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can't understand how otherwise sensible men fall for the giant spherical look - and please don't include any references to Oedipus or mothers in your explanation. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, here's Gavin! Maybe we can ask him to explain it!;)

Hi Gavin.:):o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    But she failed on the last one. :(

Well, they had known each other since childhood so Mother must have liked her, it would appear that his put his Olympic hopes before his relationship. Don't blame him there because if I had trained for so many years, would have done the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin came in between two very - erm - "interesting" posts! :o:o:eek::o:o Erm, excuse me - I've just remembered something extremely important that I have to attend to right now. Perhaps one of you could engage Gavin's expertise.....Back soon!

Phew!!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.