Horse Racing 2015

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Retired Olympic champion track cyclist Victoria Pendleton is to go into training with Paul Nicholls and aims to become a licensed amateur jumps jockey and has set her sights on riding in the Foxhunters at Cheltenham 2016

Brave girl...........I suppose she has one advantage in that she's used to falling off things at speed........
  • DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Retired Olympic champion track cyclist Victoria Pendleton is to go into training with Paul Nicholls and aims to become a licensed amateur jumps jockey and has set her sights on riding in the Foxhunters at Cheltenham 2016

Brave girl...........I suppose she has one advantage in that she's used to falling off things at speed........

and she hadn't even sat on a horse until a week ago.
    It doesn't say, but I wondered if this was for a documentary.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    This might just be the craziest betting promotion I've ever seen...

http://promotions.coral.co.uk/landing-pages/crazy-prices-online/

No good to us "seasoned" punters of course, but for someone with a more casual interest ideal. As safe a bet as you can possibly get and the easiest £20 you'll ever make.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having my second bet of the year today......:D

I've done a 'trixie'

2.45 W - Mrs Peachey
    3.05 MR - Ultimatum du Roy
    3.40 MR - Sargeant Pink

13/8, 4/1, 5/2 bog
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's disappointing.........biggest priced one wins, other two lose

>:(
    Forum Member
    Coral's Cheltenham preview will be streamed online at 7pm.

Worth a look - panel includes C4's Gordon Cunningham and tipster Mark Winstanley.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Ruby Walsh wins first race of chelthenam
    Forum Member
    All 3 races so far won for irish jockey's. How are they so good at racing particulairy chelthenam so it seems
    Forum Member
    No surprise to see Faugheen shortening up. Tempted to lay at current odds. (1.86 on Betfair)
    Forum Member
    A treble for Ruby Walsh. What a day he's having
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    A treble for Ruby Walsh. What a day he's having
    1-2-3 for Mullins. :eek:
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookies must be taking a caning and hoping for Annie Power to do them a favour by not winning

Seems like lots of punters have done the 4-timer
    Forum Member
    Right on the last jump. Ruby falls. Bookies avoid a nightmare!
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a Ladbrooks sniper at the last hurdle..;-)
    Forum Member
    That was the one I thought was the most certain of the four. But that's why I don't like punting on NH racing as much as I do the flat, the best horse can be undone by a rare mistake.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Never heard such glorified claptrap from the C4 presentation team.

They were so distraught that Ruby Walsh didn't get his fourth win of the day the actual winner Glens Melody barely got a mention ...... even when they got around to the winner, after showing Ruby jog the length of the home sraight, the interview with the winning jockey began with the demise of Annie Power.

Then, they went beyond banality when Graham ?? had to say that IF something awful had happened to Annie Power that would have been all over the newspapers tomorrow. :eek: How to fantasize over a possible ending to try and make the wrap of their production all the more hard hitting. *rolleyes We get enough coverage of these tragedies when they do happen, rather than posturing over something that hasn't happened.

I know it is always a risk for horses when they race, but why mention that when it so far has been an injury free day of good horse racing. The man is a bit of an idiot, together with being rather a bore!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    ...I know it is always a risk for horses when they race, but why mention that when it so far has been an injury free day of good horse racing. The man is a bit of an idiot, together with being rather a bore!!

Then we had Theatre Queen fatally injured in the 440 after not wanting to start then making up most of the ground it had lost.
    Forum Member
    Some run from the veteran Somersby in the Queen Mother.

Sprinter Sacre landed a lot of lays.
  • jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,714
    Forum Member
    That was horrible incident in the cross country with a photographer being injured by a running rail that was hit by a couple of horses that ran out

Very lucky not to have been more serious although the cameraman is on his way to hospital, it is not life-threatening

Best wishes to him for a speedy and full recovery
    Forum Member
    Not much for the bookies to celebrate again with even the wide open bumper and 25 runner Coral Cup going to very well backed horses. Pity neither were carrying my cash, but there we go. Bring on the flat!
    jake1981 wrote: »
    That was horrible incident in the cross country with a photographer being injured by a running rail that was hit by a couple of horses that ran out

Very lucky not to have been more serious although the cameraman is on his way to hospital, it is not life-threatening

Best wishes to him for a speedy and full recovery
    Hear hear. I was surprised it took so long for C4 to mention it.

Poor Nina as well, her horse was going nicely. That French jockey got an earful I think. :D
  • jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,714
    Forum Member
    The photographer injured yesterday is having an operation on his broken leg this afternoon so is still in hospital
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DartGuru wrote: »
    Then we had Theatre Queen fatally injured in the 440 after not wanting to start then making up most of the ground it had lost.

And Rolling Star also killed in the 2.40 Coral Cup on Wednesday. Not a mention of it of course on Channel 4 despite having plenty of time to do so. There may have been even more fatalities but Animal Aid's list doesn't include the final 2 days of the 'festival' yet.

Also, does anyone know much about Gold Cup winning jockey Nico de Boinville because online info about him is very sparse. All I know is that he rides out on Sprinter Sacre but he doesn't appear to be a full time work rider for Nicky Henderson, and competes in some races but not enough to be a full time professional. He certainly doesn't sound like a typical jockey, more like a Sam Waley Cohen Hooray Henry type.
    Forum Member
    Plans for a condensed 6 month Flat jockey championship have gone down like a lead balloon.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=6988424&category=0

*sighs* More change we don't need.
    Forum Member
    Delighted to read that Cathy Gannon is back in action tomorrow at Chelmsford, bringing to an end 16 months on the sidelines following a shoulder injury.

Great time to return, should be able to start building up her pool of rides again before the season starts proper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Delighted to read that Cathy Gannon is back in action tomorrow at Chelmsford, bringing to an end 16 months on the sidelines following a shoulder injury and baby-break.

Great time to return, should be able to start building up her pool of rides again before the season starts proper.

Edited.

Her and Hayley were quite entertaining on "Get In" a few weeks ago.