Options

What makes you roll your eyes in despair?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    People saying haitch instead of aitch (the letter H) they would say ses (s) or mem (m)

People calling their sons 'little man'
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Onion sellers riding bicycles.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not really a roll my eyes type of person, i think its pretty rude. But people on DS do really amaze me with some of the crap they come out with sometimes, and then i suppose i roll my eyes.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Why. Music is a good source of relaxation for some people, including me.
    dee123 wrote: »
    Why? Surely Politics or BB or X Factor etc. is much worse.
    I don't despair of there being a music forum, I love music. I despair of much of the content.
    People saying haitch instead of aitch (the letter H).
    I think people just go with what they have been taught. There can be a cultural/ religious aspect to it, believe it or not, if you want to read up on it .
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    scrilla wrote: »
    I don't despair of there being a music forum, I love music. I despair of much of the content.

No worries. I post a lot of music in one particular thread in that forum (a by a lot, I mean a lot) and no doubt many people dislike or even hate it, but there you go. It's there for anybody to listen to and if not to your taste, just move along. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Babies and toddlers with ear piercings. Just why.

In general, you have to bear in mind that most other people are pretty stupid, particularly the younger generation (even graduates these days), so it is a cross you have to bear.

Thanks for that generalization, which now, in turn, makes me roll my eyes in despair. I'm sure you have a met a lot of young people personally to come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread :D
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Rugby man wrote: »
    Thanks for that generalization, which now, in turn, makes me roll my eyes in despair. I'm sure you have a met a lot of young people personally to come to that conclusion.

You do realize that statement was made a bit tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with you on hoodies, but I think it's a bit strange to be so enraged by headbands.

I'm not so much enraged by babies in headbands as confused as to why a parent would do such a pointless thing. Newborns don't have enough hair for a hairband to be used for its normal purpose. All it's doing, in my opinion, is exaggerating the poor infant's baldness.

Babies in headbands can be compared to female dogs being dressed up in wedding dresses and veils before they go out to stud. This is only my opinion, of course. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I'm not so much enraged by babies in headbands as confused as to why a parent would do such a pointless thing. Newborns don't have enough hair for a hairband to be used for its normal purpose. All it's doing, in my opinion, is exaggerating the poor infant's baldness.

Babies in headbands can be compared to female dogs being dressed up in wedding dresses and veils before they go out to stud. This is only my opinion, of course. ;)

I think headbands look cute on some babies, but don't do much for others. A bit like any fashion statement, really. Some can pull it off, and some can't. :p
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Deleted: It call came out wrong.