Options

James Arthur - listen but don't look.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Maybe his fans just aren't the type to post in appreciation threads. I don't post in appreciation threads until late in the series in general, if at all.

I agree with this. One Direction have had huge commercial success but Matt Cardle and Joe McElderry have bigger threads than them :confused: No idea.
    I'm not sure I understand the comparison people are making with Aiden and James. I don't really see how they are similar at all, their attitudes are different, they look totally different, their voices are totally different and the type of music they sing is different...why do people think they are similar?

I think it's the "Marmite" contestant thing. :confused:
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    James Arthur is an average singer at best. He is just being made to be bigged up as They want him in the final.

All they care about is ratings now.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    No coming to his defence at every opportunity does indeed indicate that the mollycuddling intention is still there I am afraid and to clarify this IMO

what do you call bashing him at every opportunity then?

it is just tit for tat.

you attack; there's a counter opinion.

if you go naming that counter opinion,

you have to name the other as well...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Hi welcome there just wanted to say aren't you one of those members of DS and its moronic posters too?

no

Any more moronic questions you need answering?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RodRuby93 wrote: »
    I can't bear to observe his intensified expressions of pretension or his emotional and uncontrolled breakdowns which are simply tedious beyond belief. His vocal techniques as I have mentioned several times are 'incoherent' and 'flat'; likewise, he can hardly sing in tune at all. Seriously, who would even be tempted to buy his records?

So emotionally connecting to your music is pretentious now. He feels what he sings and it shows - nothing wrong with that.

There are many contestants that should take a leaf out of his book instead of just trying to present an image that will make them popular with the voters.

I don't care if a contestant wears the 'right' clothes or has the right hair cut, or is someone I can fantasize about - I want to hear a voice and see an individual, professional performance. To me, and clearly many others, James delivers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I don't like his voice. He sounded in pain when singing "Don't Speak". He has a very arrogant look about him too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I agree with this. One Direction have had huge commercial success but Matt Cardle and Joe McElderry have bigger threads than them :confused: No idea. :

Matt Cardle and Joe - especailly Matt are more professional artists. One Direction are popular just because silly little girls have a crush on them

I noticed Simon Cowell promoted One Direction more than Matt, which is sickening since it was Matt that won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is great. To watch and to listen to. Still, thats just one person's opinion. The mute button and ^ button on your remote control should sort any issues.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Cardle and Joe - especailly Matt are more professional artists. One Direction are popular just because silly little girls have a crush on them

I noticed Simon Cowell promoted One Direction more than Matt, which is sickening since it was Matt that won.

i don't know about matt.

but with 1D, even during the x factor, there was growing awareness about them even outside the UK thanks to fans posting and reposting their pics and vids on twitter, you tube and tumblr...

it was the original fans thru the social media who did at least half the promo... SC will be a lousy businessman if he let this trend pass by and didn't follow the lead of the market demand clamouring for more 1D material and news.

ETA i was there. i was one of them prowling the net looking for more stories about these new boys on XFactor. i would have been very, very disappointed if there was nothing new about the boys everyday!!:eek::o:o
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi welcome there just wanted to say aren't you one of those members of DS and its moronic posters too?

And as for the James fans being oh so put off with people picking on his looks, people also talking about his looks are also commenting on his singing. You can sing in tune and still be god awful. It seems that the concern about looks are those who want to sort of adopt James as some sort of charity case. I've said it before James is a big boy and can defend himself no need for the mothers and fathers out there to come to his defence.

But James is NOT on DS as far as we know, so I dont see why forum members cannot defend him if they so wish..

Where did you get this 'adopt' idea from? What is wrong with people who are mothers or fathers? Or grandparents like myself for that matter. It seems a bit ageist to me.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

But James is NOT on DS as far as we know, so I dont see why forum members cannot defend him if they so wish..

Where did you get this 'adopt' idea from? What is wrong with people who are mothers or fathers? Or grandparents like myself for that matter. It seems a bit ageist to me.

Please read the rest of thread where I explained this. As you seem to have just jumped on an earlier post. Very frustrating indeed.

I said nothing about grandparents so I don't know where you've got that idea. I also never mentioned adoption but a different use of the word. Must I be thesaurus now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no

Any more moronic questions you need answering?

Yes have you read the T & C's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    James Arthur is an average singer at best. He is just being made to be bigged up as They want him in the final.

All they care about is ratings now.

So are Emeli Sande, No Doubt, Rita Ora, Labrinth and countless other musical professionals all part of the conspiracy too? Or is a more logical explanation that he's just very good. He may not be yours, or indeed everyone's tastes but that doesn't stop him being good.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is extremely talented .The fact that he hasn't got whitened teeth, fake tan ,and isn't up himself just makes me like him more .Rylan is pretty but can't sing half as good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please read the rest of thread where I explained this. As you seem to have just jumped on an earlier post. Very frustrating indeed.

I said nothing about grandparents so I don't know where you've got that idea. I also never mentioned adoption but a different use of the word. Must I be thesaurus now?

I read the whole thread. All it tells me is that you have more of a problme with people who like James who you suggest must have some sort of 'need' or desire to mollycoddle him (as in mothering I assume), than you have with James.

As to your final point, you might make a better thesaurus than amateur psychologist.

Anyway, just which of the following applies? -

a·dopt (-dpt)
    tr.v. a·dopt·ed, a·dopt·ing, a·dopts
    1. To take into one's family through legal means and raise as one's own child.
    a. To take and follow (a course of action, for example) by choice or assent: adopt a new technique.
    b. To take up and make one's own: adopt a new idea.
    3. To take on or assume: adopted an air of importance.
    4. To vote to accept: adopt a resolution.
    5. To choose as standard or required in a course: adopt a new line of English textbooks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the whole thread. All it tells me is that you have more of a problme with people who like James who you suggest must have some sort of 'need' or desire to mollycoddle him (as in mothering I assume), than you have with James.

As to your final point, you might make a better thesaurus than amateur psychologist.

Anyway, just which of the following applies? -

a·dopt (-dpt)
    tr.v. a·dopt·ed, a·dopt·ing, a·dopts
    1. To take into one's family through legal means and raise as one's own child.
    a. To take and follow (a course of action, for example) by choice or assent: adopt a new technique.
    b. To take up and make one's own: adopt a new idea.
    3. To take on or assume: adopted an air of importance.
    4. To vote to accept: adopt a resolution.
    5. To choose as standard or required in a course: adopt a new line of English textbooks.

I'll take a number 2 and a but if 3. Now I will no longer debate with you now unfortunately as it seems I can not ave a reasonable debate. Therefore I bid you adieu. I am not chickening out but rather refusing to engage with this as unfortunately it seems that I have had this tussle with you before and I did say that we should leave it at agree to disagree but unfortunately you come to James's aide at every opportunity. Like him all you like but I won't and what I say about him will never please you.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why u are make fun of james?
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the comparison people are making with Aiden and James. I don't really see how they are similar at all, their attitudes are different, they look totally different, their voices are totally different and the type of music they sing is different...why do people think they are similar?

I agree. I don't see it either.:confused:

I guess most don't understand where he's coming from, and where he's heading.:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take a number 2 and a but if 3. Now I will no longer debate with you now unfortunately as it seems I can not ave a reasonable debate. Therefore I bid you adieu. I am not chickening out but rather refusing to engage with this as unfortunately it seems that I have had this tussle with you before and I did say that we should leave it at agree to disagree but unfortunately you come to James's aide at every opportunity. Like him all you like but I won't and what I say about him will never please you.

I think it's more a case that you criticise him at every opportunity, however, I respect your right to do so.

If you read my posta you will find that most fo the itme I actually defend those who like him and their right to do so without insult.

Am happy to agree to disagree an leave it at that.

I trust this means that if I happen to post in support of James again, I wont be told he's big enough to defend himself etc, thus implying that I should not be posting in his defence.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's more a case that you criticise him at every opportunity, however, I respect your right to do so.

If you read my posta you will find that most fo the itme I actually defend those who like him and their right to do so without insult.

Am happy to agree to disagree an leave it at that.

I trust this means that if I happen to post in support of James again, I wont be told he's big enough to defend himself etc, thus implying that I should not be posting in his defence.
    POSTA ITALIANO!!1
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you even read the post???:confused:
    What has this got to do with having a huge appreciation thread.:confused:
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just found out that James Arther's a Middlesbrough fan. No wonder he's in so much pain. It makes sense now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one of the best vocalists ever on the show imo. Not far behind Leona Lewis.

If you listen to her guest performance on the show this year you can hear she hasn't mastered the craft of singing yet. Way out of tune when "signing" softly and binary volume control - half way through a line it goes from soft to loud with nothing in between.
  • Options
    dixie_whiskeydixie_whiskey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    He's brilliant - his stage stomping awkwardness just makes him even more endearing.

First post after months of lurking DS! Accomplished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's brilliant - his stage stomping awkwardness just makes him even more endearing.

First post after months of lurking DS! Accomplished.

And a good post it was. :)