Nonsense editing on ITV3

Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ITV3 are airing Death Becomes Her, one of my favourite movies, but I noticed a bizzare edit. There's a line where Isabella Rossellini's character says "make some room for my friend, for Christ sake" but in this version, the word "Christ" was omitted. They left in the word "hell" though.

Would any channel really censor the word "Christ", even at Christmas? Even considering the time of year, would there really be anyone who would seriously take offence? I think it's completely mental, and it's very scary to see how far some networks go with censorship.

Comments

• OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    ITV3 are airing Death Becomes Her, one of my favourite movies, but I noticed a bizzare edit.
    I think it's completely mental, and it's very scary to see how far some networks go with censorship.

Yeah, bizarre .... :eek:

I was going to record it until I noticed that the review warned "edited for language, violence and nudity" ..... :mad:
  • ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect anything less than nonsense from ITV.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClientFan wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anything less than nonsense from ITV.

the editing squad at ITV ntwork centre are a joke, bit the the "herberts" who do G.O.L.D & Dave's editing
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omah wrote: »
    Yeah, bizarre .... :eek:

I was going to record it until I noticed that the review warned "edited for language, violence and nudity" ..... :mad:

It's really a post-watershed movie anyway...it's only a PG but since there is still content that would get edited pre-watershed, they should have just put it on at a more suitable time. I'm really sick of films being shown at silly times of day only to be edited to ribbons like this.
  • ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    It's really a post-watershed movie anyway...it's only a PG but since there is still content that would get edited pre-watershed, they should have just put it on at a more suitable time. I'm really sick of films being shown at silly times of day only to be edited to ribbons like this.

Considering some of the stuff their soaps get away with, ITV have got a bloody nerve.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClientFan wrote: »
    Considering some of the stuff their soaps get away with, ITV have got a bloody nerve.

I know! None of makes any sense.