Options

How do I get international channels on my Sky box?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I don't mean those stupid international Asia channnels, I mean the ones you see on LyngSat. If you can't get the channels because of how they are encrypted, I understand.

Comments

• Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sat dish will need re adjusting to another satellite position but its very frustrating doing all the tuning on the sky box using the other channels and much better to use another DVB sat receiver plus bigger dish at least around a 100 cm to pull in the other satellites better.
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note also that without a valid subscription, appropriate viewing card and capable receiver you will not legally be able to watch most of the encrypted channels - that would be theft of pay TV which we will not assist you with.

There are quite a few free reasonable channels up there see this site for some details and dish size required - http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_16_FREE-TOP-MOVIES
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about 20 to 15 years ago it would have been really handy having another set up but now its just easier to download shows or stream them on line I wonder if satellite will still be the main way to few TV in another 20 to 30 years?
    As they also cost millions to put up in space as well.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about 20 to 15 years ago it would have been really handy having another set up but now its just easier to download shows or stream them on line I wonder if satellite will still be the main way to few TV in another 20 to 30 years?
    As they also cost millions to put up in space as well.

I was thinking exactly the same earlier. Why bother to put up satellites or build transmitters when the money could be used to improve the internet.

Cable services could scrap the TV side of things and use the freed up bandwidth to provide better streaming/downloading.
  • Options
    Sunny1977Sunny1977 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean those stupid international Asia channnels, I mean the ones you see on LyngSat. If you can't get the channels because of how they are encrypted, I understand.

Very RUDE to call the channels "stupid".