Madonna's outfit at the met gala

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a horrible feeling she'll be dressing like this when she's 60 (ie not long to go).... She needs to discover class and stop desperately trying to keep up with the kids (this goes for her music too).

can i just say...WTAF!??!?!

this is Punk....not oh i better see what Katy Perry and Britney is doing...no one else THERE did that let alone in general consencus...Madonna can dress however she wants whether you like that or not....heck even if ladies in their 60s (and they are) dress in lace tights, leather jackets, heavy makeup...who is one to criticise that???
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can i just say...WTAF!??!?!

this is Punk....not oh i better see what Katy Perry and Britney is doing...no one else THERE did that let alone in general consencus...Madonna can dress however she wants whether you like that or not....heck even if ladies in their 60s (and they are) dress in lace tights, leather jackets, heavy makeup...who is one to criticise that???

Yes! In the past, people are used to older people dressing conservatively. But you have to realize that now people who are getting into their 50's and even 60's grew up with punk, new wave, the outrageous fashions of the late 70's and early 80's. They've dressed up their whole lives. They're not going to change because they're older. They grew up seeing fashion as a form of self expression in the way that maybe their parents and grandparents didn't. Older people look differently than they used to and it's not just Madonna. Younger people need to get used to it.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was upmarket hooker, she needs to tone it down a bit and show off her 54 year old body with some style.
    There's nothing wrong with fashion in your fifties as long as it isn't brash and tacky.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    My first thought was upmarket hooker, she needs to tone it down a bit and show off her 54 year old body with some style.
    There's nothing wrong with fashion in your fifties as long as it isn't brash and tacky.

It was a Punk themed do. Brash & tacky was absolutely required. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    The Met Ball is the one major A-list event that calls for loud, shocking impacts of fashion. Madonna, SJP, Christina Ricci and (weirdly) Miley Cyrus were the only ones who actually embraced the punk theme of the evening, which is disappointing. Madonna's outfit was insane, but fitted the occasion spectacularly and she completely walked away with the entire night. It's also brilliantly intricate and detailed as a piece of clothing, you can spend a decent amount of time just looking at pictures of it.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna managed to get herself on the front page of all the papers and made herself the main attraction. This gala was full of A Listers but it was Madonna's show.

That alone proves she got it right but most of all proves she is the most powerful female in showbiz. They had the pick of 70 odd A listers. It was all about Madonna! ;)

Queen.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was Anjelica Huston when I first saw this picture earlier.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks amazing. Why should a woman be judged by her age in this modern world when women used to head clans and be respected for their experience and wisdom.

Also, great styling. I wonder did she do it herself..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    She looks FANTASTIC as always
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    It was a Punk themed do. Brash & tacky was absolutely required. :)