Options

Stop Picking On Ed:

13»

Comments

• Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    No one is picking on Ed Miliband : They are merely pointing out his incompetence, which most people had long since seen anyway
  • Options
    Rick_DavisRick_Davis Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The press, the media, the public and everyone that is not a card carrying paid up member of the labour party will stop picking on Ed when he comes up with a policy that is not a bandwagon jumping reactionary knee jerk anti-tory mouth flubber that actually stands up to a modicum of scrutiny.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop Picking On Ed

Awww, bless the poor little fragile dollykins.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand the public quite enjoy seeing bullies get what's coming to them and Labour have spent the last 30 years relentlessly smearing anyone (including the public themselves) who has the cheek to hold a different opinion to Labour doctrine.

The illusion that Labour are the "nice" party is long since dead and their chickens are coming home to roost.

Shall I tell a story about the odious Robin Cook and his disgraceful smears against his ex wife or the mere fact he allegedly tried to bully the CC of then Lothian & Borders police force because they would not take heed of petty and malicious allegations.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand these so called 'journalists' chasing Ed just to goad him about his brother.

That's not journalism, it is harassment and bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand these so called 'journalists' chasing Ed just to goad him about his brother.

Perhaps if Ed had a credible policy to announce they would focus on that?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whha whha whha, the media are hounding Ed.

Ed needs to man up and announce credible policy, then the press will have something else to report, as it is, its Ed is a lightweight, Ed is not a leader.

Labour, and generally those that are left-leaning, take responsibility, stop blaming others for your perceived woahs , man up take control.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's buy Ed a Mars bar, unwrap it, take the chocolate out and replace it with a block of wood. Then pretend we admire him and offer it as compensation for all the horrible jokes we've made about him looking like Mr. Bean.

When he unwraps it we can all shout: "Wood you Adam and Eve it!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just look at the threads here.

Its all, the press hate ed, the media have conspired to sink ed, the media hate ed.

Ed, put your big boy trousers on and announce a credible policy.

Energy caps : you were the cretin that put 20% green taxes on your voters bills

Bedroom tax : you voted for the introduction of what is now know as bedroom tax while you were a god damn minister

you are a F'ing joke Ed.
  • Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will stop picking on him when he slithers off to some Marixst think tank where he can do no harm.

Until then....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Let's buy Ed a Mars bar, unwrap it, take the chocolate out and replace it with a block of wood. Then pretend we admire him and offer it as compensation for all the horrible jokes we've made about him looking like Mr. Bean.

When he unwraps it we can all shout: "Wood you Adam and Eve it!"

There was a joke in there somewhere :)
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    I will stop picking on him when he slithers off to some Marixst think tank where he can do no harm.

Neil Kinnock still loves him. Someone remind me, Kinnock, man of the people, what's he been up to since he left Labour?
  • Options
    coolasfunkcoolasfunk Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Neil Kinnock still loves him. Someone remind me, Kinnock, man of the people, what's he been up to since he left Labour?

Riding the gravy train.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

i've just had a text message from the PM, and it's for the attention of Lee Morris. The PM says he will stop the press from picking on poor little Ed, when Lee stops calling him Scameron, and vile tory toff.

carry on.:D
    We can all rest easy now :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a sign of desperation that they have tried to take the narrative to 'everyone's being mean to poor old Ed', as if the public should feel guilty for not taking to him.

They tried something similar with Gordon Brown, trying to make out that we didn't like him because he wasn't cool, or smiled funny, but it was nothing as shallow as that - The man was useless and, not only that, believed he was fantastic and that he could fool people with stuff that an idiot could see through.

Same problem with Ed, really. If they want to see bullying, they need to look at the treatment of people like Michael Gove, George Osbourne, David Cameron, Margaret Thatcher, in fact, any Conservative politician of the last 30 years. Difference is that they don't rise to it.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    johnny_t wrote: »
    It is a sign of desperation that they have tried to take the narrative to 'everyone's being mean to poor old Ed', as if the public should feel guilty for not taking to him.

They tried something similar with Gordon Brown, trying to make out that we didn't like him because he wasn't cool, or smiled funny, but it was nothing as shallow as that - The man was useless and, not only that, believed he was fantastic and that he could fool people with stuff that an idiot could see through.

Same problem with Ed, really. If they want to see bullying, they need to look at the treatment of people like Michael Gove, George Osbourne, David Cameron, Margaret Thatcher, in fact, any Conservative politician of the last 30 years. Difference is that they don't rise to it.

Isn't that typical of the Left though do as I say not as I do , private education is wrong unless its for me or my children , women shortlists must be used unless its for my husband , its wrong to be rich unless its me ,you must be nice to us but we can say what we like about you
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member

Do you really think a senior politician should need protection from 'harrassment and bullying'? We're back to the little kid in the playground,
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    This is a plea to the Murdoch press and all those Tories involved behind the attacks on Ed Miliband coming out in the media, FOR GOD SAKE STOP YOUR ATTACKS ON ED NOW and why?.

Two or three weeks ago we had Lord Freud come out with his comments saying that the Disabled were not worth the Minimum Wage and Scameron had the cheek to say that he did not speak for the government in the commons and yet what has happened since?, f...all I mean Scameron has not sacked him and yet now we have the situation were certain people are using every opportunity to pick on ED so this must STOP NOW.

If it is anyone who needs attacking and picking on it is Scameron over not sacking Lord Freud so come on lets for once have some sense can we.

Surely we are allowed both ? Freud should have been sacked and Cameron should be relentlessly question at every opportunity as to why he hasn't been . Ed is getting all he deserves at the moment ...he is incapable of answering a direct question in any TV interview I've seen . His policies are non specific waffle.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    This creation of Murdoch as a bogeyman by the left is just bizarre. It must stem from 1992.* Do some folks even know what papers he controls?

We all know that there would have been a glorious period of Labour rule in the 80s and early 90s if it hadn't been for the evil Rupert Murdoch. ;-)
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing: the Press assault on Ed Miliband hasn't really begun. And the same is true of Nigel Farage.

A cynical campaign from Labour to whip up unwarranted sympathy. He's a politician FGS - not an abandoned child.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    We all know that there would have been a glorious period of Labour rule in the 80s and early 90s if it hadn't been for the evil Rupert Murdoch. ;-)

Well the evil Murdoch was responsible for the disaster that was 1997 -2010 the idiot backed Blair :o