Options

Brian to face BB eviction. Emma offered job

Comments

• Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope its true and she does accept the promotion but i wont believe it til i see it
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Brian has a great ability for getting his own personality across on-screen but unfortunately not the housemate he's interviewing. It needs someone a bit more organised and acting less like an over-excited fan.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma is much better than Brian but I like her on BOTS and she gets more time to interview on eviction night
  • Options
    Pretty GreenPretty Green Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Starkey is the only sensible choice. The campaign starts here. Innit.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Kemal for full time host of everything.
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Not remotely abysmal for CBB. BB has been a bit disappointing ratings wise but with the right cast, the right host and no sporting distractions this summer, it could feasibly grow as CBB did in January.

Cbb is different because celebs attract more attention but the normal bb has been consistently losing its audience for years and so far the ratings are worse on channel 5 than they've ever been.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love this to be true. I really like Brian, but I think his style would suit BOTS better.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It's true:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFPI6bhCQAAdGfB.jpg
    (Screenshot courtesy of BBXtra, tweets verified)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    It's true:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFPI6bhCQAAdGfB.jpg
    (Screenshot courtesy of BBXtra, tweets verified)

sorry, what does this mean?
  • Options
    K139K139 Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Sewell for the host of both shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    macaz75 wrote: »
    sorry, what does this mean?

Someone he follows tweeted that it isn't over till the fat lady sings, and that he isn't singing yet, Brian replied:
    "Amen to that sister!! :yawn:". Suggesting he isn't rolling over on something without a fight (he's still contracted and they have to pay him his full fee till the end of next year regardless, so they're hoping to put him on BOTS to get their money's worth, which The Sun source says he won't likely take).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Narinder encouraging his fans to vote for him in Metro poll, which, along with the Huff Post poll, he is losing to Emma in:
    https://twitter.com/narindertweets/status/311820240570961921
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will see less of her if she goes does the main show. And yes it may be shallow but she is a stunning woman, so I don't care.
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    I like Brian,dont really like Emma but i do think she would be better than Brian at presenting BB
    I would have liked to seen someone other than these two for the presenting roles of BB/BOTS
    As far as im concerned the presenter of BB is only one part of the show that needs changing.....
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Narinder encouraging his fans to vote for him in Metro poll, which, along with the Huff Post poll, he is losing to Emma in:
    https://twitter.com/narindertweets/status/311820240570961921

That does seem a bit desperate, having a mate do that, but she may have done it on her own volition, the irritating twerp.

No "someone else entirely option" though:mad:
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Personally I hope Emma doesn't take the main presenting job. She seems to be doing more and more for This Morning and I do wish she would go back to present the I'm a Celebrity spin-off. She seems to do much better on This Morning than on BBBOTS. I honestly think presenting BB would be a step backwards for her.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping that Emma accepts the job, and I hope that Brian will do BOTS, but I know he probably won't so I hope they offer Alice the BOTS spot, or someone else who's really relate-able and easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Personally I hope Emma doesn't take the main presenting job. She seems to be doing more and more for This Morning and I do wish she would go back to present the I'm a Celebrity spin-off. She seems to do much better on This Morning than on BBBOTS. I honestly think presenting BB would be a step backwards for her.

BB is still a much better gig than GMOOHN, plus doing that would mean working with Joe Swash and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently said this on this forum, but I do like Brian and I think he is able to present the show. However, by his own admission, he does suffer from nerves and I think he sticks too much to the script. I would like him to improvise more as I think it's accepted by most that he does have a very quick wit and is very funny.

Emma can also present and she gives the evicted HMs good interviews on BOTS. I just wish she wouldn't get too overexcited about the showmances.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie wasn't involved in any of those things, he's a live producer, he only organises how the launch, finale and eviction shows run.

Which Brian Dowling presented .
    The live shows are what needs an overhaul the most. They are terrible !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Yes, PLEASE! Emma can actually do both if she wanted to...
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Brians going, i hate his constant homosexual comments about other men, i just don't want to hear it, and if he presented BOTS i can see that getting even worse.

Will be happy with Emma as main presenter, and Alice and Jamie as hosts of bots.
  • Options
    MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good! Brian was not that good - he tried, but he never seemed relaxed when presenting. He always looked like an awkward 12yr old boy in a suit one size too small.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only downside to this is that Jamie East could be the main host of BOTS. Emma's the only bright spark in that show.
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PLEASE be true. Ever since Big Brother started on Channel 5 I've always said that I wish Emma would host the main show. Brian ruins the show for me on Channel 5 to the point where I pay no attention to him on the eviction nights and I just love watching Emma on BBOTS - so yeah, I hope it's true..